FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you think...

Rate it:
Thumbs up.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Thumbs down.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Technaut
i looked around, and finally settled on Joomla for a CMS (although i don't see the differance between it and mambo). Since i don't have a use for a big forum, i used Joomlaboards, even though it's pretty much a dead project.

What do you think of the header? I took the colors of the template and redesigned the top banner image. Is it readable to everyone?

also, what do you think of the adsense ads positioning and color theme? Do you think it matches ok, or should i use different colors? i got it as close as possible, but it's alwasy nice to hear what others think.

http://www.farscry.frih.net

Thanks!

btw, feel free to signup and play a game or two of chess with me (or others, whatever). Very Happy

EDIT: Common, people. Can't i get at least one comment? Tell me what you think of the banner, at least.
Hogwarts
Technaut wrote:
i looked around, and finally settled on Joomla for a CMS (although i don't see the differance between it and mambo). Since i don't have a use for a big forum, i used Joomlaboards, even though it's pretty much a dead project.

What do you think of the header? I took the colors of the template and redesigned the top banner image. Is it readable to everyone?

also, what do you think of the adsense ads positioning and color theme? Do you think it matches ok, or should i use different colors? i got it as close as possible, but it's alwasy nice to hear what others think.

http://www.farscry.frih.net

Thanks!

btw, feel free to signup and play a game or two of chess with me (or others, whatever). Very Happy

EDIT: Common, people. Can't i get at least one comment? Tell me what you think of the banner, at least.

It's kinda nice... Although perhaps you could update the copyright. 2005? Riight. Apart from that it looks good.
Technaut
um... thats the template copyright date. Smile but i can change that, i suppose, so people don't assume the site started in 2005.

EDIT: don't forget to try out Proverbs of Apocrypha, the role playing game we are helping to build and distribute (we don't yet have a download on our site up, so we provided a link to another server).
alexpotter
hey it looks good and i like the colors Smile ....

hmm.. just a little insignificant suggestion... it would be cool you could use some images or something Smile for the banner or some pattern for the background.. that's just my opinion, there's many people who prefer simplicity... and i'm not one of them Razz
Technaut
for the banner, you mean not just a banner with text? i guess i could fade some screenies from our game into it, along with some blown-up character sprites.

and for the background, i was also thinking this. i thought maybe some soft, diagonal lines (of almost the same color) for the outer background.

i will work on this, and post here when finished. in the meantime, everyone else tell me what you think! Very Happy

EDIT: Can't add a pattern to the background. I don't unnderstand what is controlling the background. I tried setting a background image using the CSS, then tried doing it manual through HTML, but no luck with either. I can choose another color, but i can't add a bg picture. still working on the banner.