FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My site so far. Please give me feedback

The-Master
Here is my site so far. It is alright. I began coding in notepad but I wanted a quick nice layout so I edited a template a bit.

Constructive criticism welcome, and I don't knwo how to get rid ot the yellow counter at the top, it should not be there.
ocalhoun
The-Master wrote:

Constructive criticism welcome, and I don't knwo how to get rid ot the yellow counter at the top, it should not be there.

You should be able to find it in this file:
Quote:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js" width=0 height=0></script>

If they won't let you edit that file, try commenting it out for a bit.
{name here}
The-Master wrote:
Here is my site so far. It is alright. I began coding in notepad but I wanted a quick nice layout so I edited a template a bit.

Brick wall You're using a dreamweaver template.
Technaut
really?!?!?

heck, non of the templates that came with mine were that nice. Very Happy
romaop
At almost the end of your page you've got two counter calls. Remove the second one:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.statcounter.com/counter/counter.js" width=0 height=0></script>

After removing this line, only one counter appears, and the counter isn't anymore adding two for each refresh.

Tell me if that fixed your problem.
Ghost Rider103
I like it man, I think it looks good because I have never seen the layout before Cool

I signed up!
coreymanshack
hey, it looks alright, im not THAT interested in the content, but hey, its pretty damn good.
{name here}
Technaut wrote:
really?!?!?

heck, non of the templates that came with mine were that nice. Very Happy

They do come with Dreamweaver. You need to setup a site in the site manager before Dreamweaver will allow you to use the template. It should be in the last or 2nd to last list in the "new" dialog box.
Rawr
It looks a bit random. You really need to clean it up, and in this case I think that less is more. So take some of the extra stuff out that you don't necessarily need.
The-Master
romaop wrote:
At almost the end of your page you've got two counter calls. Remove the second one:

After removing this line, only one counter appears, and the counter isn't anymore adding two for each refresh.

Tell me if that fixed your problem.

Thanks very much! The problem is fixed Smile
Alankurd
i liked the site its big and nice and has alot of space for alot of content
Technaut
can you do something about that dude in MJOLLNIR armor? his legs cover up some of the text.

other than that, the site looks great. except for the counter. they yellow counter looks bad. try removing its background. unless you are trying to draw peoples attention to it.