FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with FLV files.

xyberz
I'm trying to create a SWF file using Flash 8 and the FLV file I uploaded. When I try to import the file from the Frihost server, I get a Failed To Load error in Flash.

Is there any reason why this happens?
Hogwarts
xyberz wrote:
I'm trying to create a SWF file using Flash 8 and the FLV file I uploaded. When I try to import the file from the Frihost server, I get a Failed To Load error in Flash.

Is there any reason why this happens?

Is the FLV file in the same folder as the .swf file?

Maybe you have not embedded the .swf file into the file you use to view the .swf file correctly, like view.php or whatever.

Also, have you set it as "Progressive download from webserver"?
xyberz
Hogwarts wrote:

Is the FLV file in the same folder as the .swf file?

Yep most definately.

Hogwarts wrote:
Maybe you have not embedded the .swf file into the file you use to view the .swf file correctly, like view.php or whatever.

The SWF file is embedded correctly. But what do you mean like view.php or whatever?

Hogwarts wrote:
Also, have you set it as "Progressive download from webserver"?

That was also done.
Hogwarts
Could you send me the FLV and SWF files? Then I might be able to help out a bit more. Currently I can't see what I'm talking about, which is making it really difficult :p
xyberz
Okay, I've sent you the files. Hopefully we can figure out what's wrong with this badboy. Very Happy

Oops, I sent you the wrong files. Actually I was having a problem on that one too. But here's a link to the files that you'll need. Weird thing is that it worked perfectly fine when it created the files on my computer and everything was on my desktop.
The other problem I had with that also was the Flash skin that I chose, doesn't show up online. I've played around with the files and at the best I got the video to play but no skin to control the video.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/196297/Slideshow/costumes.swf
(The SWF file that I guess is supposed to control it all)

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/196297/Slideshow/SteelExternalAll.swf
(This file is the skin for the player. Don't know why it never loads while on the server.)

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/196297/Slideshow/costumes.flv
(The movie itself)
swizzy
no problems relating to servers as such.. much of a coding related issue