FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think your ugly?? Not like the models?? Check this

imera
Think that you are ugly?? You’re wrong. Girls down to five years old is worry about their body, that is sick. Like my sisters friend told her that it’s time t get a boyfriend because they were getting to old, and they are just 11 years. What does this world come to??

But what I started to say, girls in magazines can cheat you, just watch this movie.
freecitizen
Yeah, it's horrible. I saw that video... it's very good. I love Dove.
maclui
Marketing at work, too much people is becoming victims of advertising and big companies they make millions out weak minded people.
wumingsden
maclui wrote:
Marketing at work, too much people is becoming victims of advertising and big companies they make millions out weak minded people.

Not exactly sure what you mean here. I personally think that Dove are doing an excellent thing. Huge companies have to stop thinking about their profits and more about important causes like this.

On a different note. Insecure people try and make others feel worthless of themselves so they can feel better. These people are utterly worthless, so worthless they I feel that I shouldn't even acknowledge them here. I myself was in such a bad state because people tried, and succedded, in putting me down. This was a period of time in my life when I wasn't truely comfortable with myself - I did put on a front though so I may be slightly to blame. I was modelling and I think people were jealous so they tried to make me feel really bad. Now that I've fount myself though I realise that they are nobody (as already mentioned above). I see these kind of people in everyday life and am extremely proud that I don't treat people like they do.
imera
wumingsden wrote:
I see these kind of people in everyday life and am extremely proud that I don't treat people like they do.

I am so proud that you don’t do that, why should people feel bad for how they are born?? And what gives people right to treat others like they are crap??

What I think is especially stupid is pretty people going under the knife because they think that they are ugly.
wumingsden
imera wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
I see these kind of people in everyday life and am extremely proud that I don't treat people like they do.

I am so proud that you don’t do that, why should people feel bad for how they are born?? And what gives people right to treat others like they are crap??

What I think is especially stupid is pretty people going under the knife because they think that they are ugly.

That is actually a condition, which I have forgotten the name of. There was a show about it the other day which was very eye-opening.

edit - the name of the condition is Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
ThornsOfSorrow
Wow, that video was really great; it made me so happy! Thanks for sharing that.
Serafina
Wow, that was really interesting. Real girls simply cannot compare themselves to the make-up plastered and photoshopped magazine models.
sbel
Amazing. that is a great video. I've never seen a professional photoretouch in my life, even though it was fast forwarded. But yes, the things they do are really decieving.
masqued_dreams
that's a great video. I'm glad someone posted this.
cloudship
It is not a pride to be goodlooking just as a job.
brilliantbeauty
While you're right, that girls can't compare themselves to the magazines, its really ahrd not to. Especially when you see the runway. I'm a size 6, personally, but they're all size 2's. It's difficult not to compae some things. However, I'mr eally happy youposted this retouching. I always thought at least the bone structure was natural, but apparently not. I think trying for the society's standard of beauty is not necessarily a bad thing (I mean, a little lip gloss and brushing your hair never hurt anyone) but I think this shows how it should take a backseat to thigns like personality, and a brain.

I completely agree about the boyfriend thing though. Girls with boyfriends that aren't actually boyfriends but jsut boys they hang out with at 10 simply because it's the 'it' thing to do bother me. It's ridiculous, puberty is there for a reason. Adolescence is tiring. I thinkwe all ought to enjoy our childhood while we can.
secret_soul
^ Agreed.

That was definitely an eye opener. I never realised just how different make up and retouching can make someone look.
mialynavahy
wow
it's the illusions behind the beauty
so i think with some makeup and photoshop, everyboby can be a supermodel
imera
mialynavahy wrote:

so i think with some makeup and photoshop, everyboby can be a supermodel

There is a line for how bad you can look that Photoshop and other stuff wont help, maybe dramatic Photoshop.
But most people is beautiful even without a lot of makeup, like me for instant, not that I am beautiful, but I look nice with and without makeup, but I hardly use it, and I never use alot of dark colors.
Natural beauty is quite important for me, the face ages faster with a lot of creams and products, my mom can agree with that :0P
Coclus
I think I'm looking good so I don't care about anything lol
brilliantbeauty
I actually tried this experiment for myself tonight, and it took me less than 45 minutes with NO makeup or hair people or photographers, and while I admittedly dont look as good as her in the end, just with my amateru photoshop skills, I changed my face dramatically. Quite disturbing, actually. I dont really share personal pics, but I'm no model, and if I can make it look good, I encourage all fo you to do the same. It just, to me, seems to make a bigger impact if it is you that is being modified.
jobu
I had no freakin idea they went this far! thanks for posting this, i'm really really really glad i saw it.
Captain Fertile
I used to live in a small village in Scotland where an ex-model lived. I can’t name names but she replaced Elle McPherson in one job for a very well known company.

That said, she was classed as a super-model (the newspapers words not mine) and you know what – she was one of the plainest girls I have ever met. I promise you that you would walk past her in the street without looking twice, in fact I often did until I discovered who she was.

I have spoken to her a number of times and although she was a nice girl she was by no stretch of the imagination what I would have considered model material. My wife looked and dressed better than her any day of the week and my wife has the personality too!!!

That was when I learnt just how false these photographs etc. are.
furtasacra
Captain Fertile wrote:
I promise you that you would walk past her in the street without looking twice, in fact I often did until I discovered who she was.

I hear you. There was a "top model" living in Ponte Vedra FL, back in the 80's. I cannot for the life of me remember her name but I distinctly recall seeing her face in Cover Girl cosmetic ads. Anyways, we passed by each other jogging on the beach several times, and always I smiled and nodded because she looked vaguely familiar. When somebody told me who she was, you could have knocked me over with a feather. She was tall, and had pretty blonde hair and good legs, but without all the makeup, her face was a blotchy mess with NO cheekbones. Oh, and saggy little boobs, too. The surfer guys out to catch some early waves paid more attention to ME than they did her, and I am certainly not fashion model material.

I also used to work at a restaurant with a girl who was an aspiring model, always entering beauty pageants and so forth, and she was just GORGEOUS - or so I thought until I saw her come out of the shower the morning after an all-night party at a friends house... yeccchhhh. Her face looked like a baked potato, only bright pink. She looked better than me the night before, but at least I still looked like the same person in the morning, except my hair (which is curly) had poofed out in a highly comical manner. There are distinct advantages to not wearing a lot of makeup.

Anyway, the moral of these stories is ANYBODY can appear to be fabulously beautiful, if they have access to makeup artists and hair stylists whose yearly incomes exceed the gross national product of India. Or a copy of Photoshop and the skills to use it.
mysteriousxxstranger
I agree! The beauty we all see in the magazines is all smoke and mirrors.

Not only am I a model (I guarentee you wouldn't look twice at me if you saw me), but I'm also a professional makeup artist, so I know how powerful makeup can be! It can change anything from the size of your lips to the firmness of your skin!

See?

I look really horrible! But will a bit of makeup, smoke and mirrors, and photoshop?

furtasacra
mysteriousxxstranger wrote:
I agree! The beauty we all see in the magazines is all smoke and mirrors.

Oh, STOP. You have pretty eyes and a great smile.

I like the thing Dove is doing, with their "Campaign for Real Beauty", just because they seem to be using attractive women who have stretch marks, crow's feet, and less than perfect bodies to sell their products.

That said, I am turning forty soon. Age is creeping up on me. I'm still reasonably attractive, and have hardly any wrinkles except some smile lines, but the BIG FOUR OH is still scary.

I have a recent picture of me with NO makeup.... just for fun, I'm gonna Photoshop it and see if I can digitally make myself insanely gorgeous.
schmidi
it is behind my imaginiation....

why we are trimmed to look like a beauty queen?
In our society we are imprisoned.

But what is in ten years, or longer?...

There is no nature beauty any longer without makeup...
russel26
no man ugly in the world.. Crying or Very sad
Shnelby
Wow. I knew that modeling companies did that. I meant she wasn't ugly to begin with, but everyone has to be 'perfect' nowadays.
zjosie729
Oh yeah, it's like that. I hate it when my friends talk about things like that.

When I was 12, I told a friend that I didn't have a boyfriend, and she said I must be lesbian.
icecool
why is it that we all are behaving like we're in some shop or supermarket. do we really only look at the packaging and get what is attractive to out visual senses? veen there we look what's inside the package - never mind a nice and shiny exterior - if the content is not to our liking then we go and get something that fits better.

so now to people. we look at all the magazines and what we are being sold today as "beautiful" and people make themselves sick to emulate that look. spend a fortune on make up and all sorts of beauty enhancing products. cut themselves up in plastic surgery. burn their skins in sun-beds. do anything to make the packaging conform to the prescribed norm of beauty.

is anybody still looking at the cotent?
huuummmm
sad

cheers
Daisie
Mysterious, I think that you are prettier in the first pic, au naturel Very Happy .

Thanks for the link, I have send it to all my mates and showed it to my daughter.

She is too young to be concerned with all that but i know that I dont have long before it all creep up... and no matter what mom say, friends at school are a big influence... Sad