FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

postgreSQL

chorazy
I would like to see some day in frihost postgreSQL database - maybe it is possible to implement it into free hosting huh ?
n0obie4life
errr? why not just use MYSQL?
chorazy
for some reasons postgres is better than mySQL, faster and has more usefull functions.
WickedGravity
All DB progs are inheriently able to b hacked. SQL Injection worms and all of that fun stuff poke up from time to time.

So my point is, why would Frihost put up double the target? Besides, MySQL is updated quicked when it comes to attacks and vulnerabilities.

And, Post being quicked is a matter of opinion to be sure.

Lastly, not all DB scripts suppot Post just yet.
Maka
People are never happy are they?, you could give them something perfect yet they want something differnt.
n0obie4life
Maka wrote:
People are never happy are they?, you could give them something perfect yet they want something differnt.

True True..Maybe if they want to be "perfect" with whatever they want, they should get a server themselves.
mOrpheuS
n0obie4life wrote:
Maka wrote:

True True..Maybe if they want to be "perfect" with whatever they want, they should get a server themselves.

Now that's little too strong a reaction. Rolling Eyes
It's basic human nature (maybe it's not even limited to humans) to want more.
but I'm sure it was just a suggestion after all.
Wink
devadutta
Maka wrote:

I agree that frihost is perfect. But, postgresql is a very good sql engine and implements the ANSI standard for sql well. Its error handling is also amazing.
By, providing a database here, you will be giving so many young webmasters a reason to learn postgre sql. Very Happy
Maka
All im saying is people ask to much from a free host imo. But anyway...
Bondings
The server is already overloaded from time to time. Every new option/database/program might make it even worse, IMO.

I'm not able to add the PostgreSQL at the moment, but maybe in the far future. Very Happy
chorazy
... all the time I was waiting for Bonding's reaction - and I need to be honest - I had known he would write (is it gramma correct?) exactly what he wrote. I know that hardware is often a border of functionality.

Quote:
I'm not able to add the PostgreSQL at the moment, but maybe in the far future.

This words gives me a hope.
On the other hand I only wanted to give signal that postgre could be good for next step in Frihost's career.
mathiaus
Well now thats cleared up...

-close-

PostgreSQL could well be another step to climb for FRIhost but not now. Thanks for not being narked though. Some people go on about how their requests are being ignored etc Evil or Very Mad