FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website redirection - NON FRIHOST SERVER RELATED

hsadmin
Well. I'm hosting my site and forum through frihost right now, but will soon only be hosting my forum through it. I'm using YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS now, and need a site direction file. .htaaccess no longer works for this. I want the site to direct www.extremefilmsproductions.com/forum to www.extremefilms.frih.net/forumnew .. Any help would be greatly apprieciated
Hogwarts
hsadmin wrote:
Well. I'm hosting my site and forum through frihost right now, but will soon only be hosting my forum through it. I'm using YAHOO SMALL BUSINESS now, and need a site direction file. .htaaccess no longer works for this. I want the site to direct www.extremefilmsproductions.com/forum to www.extremefilms.frih.net/forumnew .. Any help would be greatly apprieciated

Not sure this belongs in this section, try HTML/CSS/Javascript

Oh well. Here's a code. Paste between the <head> and the </head> tags
Code:
<meta
http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=your new address.html">
jayandsilo
you can do it in advanced features in directadmin
hsadmin
jayandsilo wrote:
you can do it in advanced features in directadmin

^ Well, I know about the .htaaccess files, and am pretty good with working with it, but, this is in a different server from Yahoo Small Business ^

Also, wouldn't the file you went be called www.extremefilmsproductions.com/forum.html ??

I want it just /forum not .html

Can I cut the .HTML part off by renaming it, or will that take away the html properties of the file?

And, this is web hosting support, just not through frihost. Because in FRIHOST you can use .htaaccess .
mOrpheuS
hsadmin wrote:

Call it "index.html" then, and put it in "/forum" directory.
Confused
Konquerror
Well, I know about the .htaaccess files, and am pretty good with working with it, but, this is in a different server from Yahoo Small Business ^

Also, wouldn't the file you went be called www.extremefilmsproductions.com/forum.html ??

Can I cut the .HTML part off by renaming it, or will that take away the html properties of the file?

And, this is web hosting support, just not through frihost. Because in FRIHOST you can use .htaaccess .
mathiaus
/forum is just a directory. On its own it will read the index file so /forum and /forum/index.html do the exact same thing.
So yes you can remove the .html at the end, from the given code.