FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about my Windows [BUSTED]

Diablosblizz
Hey, last night my computer like died. I am using Windows XP Sp2. My computer would only load one destop (wich is mine). I did download Windows Blinds (Trial) and DestopX. My computer worked fine untill I logged out. I left my computer and 2 minutes later nobody could logon, but me.

WHAT HAPPENED?
ocalhoun
^What happens when you try to log in as someone else?

Also, I would suspect desktopX to be the one that screwed everything up, as I've never had windowblinds mess up even on similar multi-user environments.
Try uninstalling desktopX, whatever it is, and rebooting.
S3nd K3ys
I got messed up by X one time too. Haven't used blinds in so long, but I don't remember problems with it.
Jaan
If you want to change your desktop, get Linux, don't mess with stupid programs. If you can, hit f8 at startup and get into safe mode as admin. From there, you should be able to uninstall and make new accounts.
Cheers.
Diablosblizz
Quote:
^What happens when you try to log in as someone else?

Also, I would suspect desktopX to be the one that screwed everything up, as I've never had windowblinds mess up even on similar multi-user environments.
Try uninstalling desktopX, whatever it is, and rebooting.

I have removed it. I had to remake all the destops but mine. I also got Malware from it. Thank you for your advice.

Quote:
If you want to change your desktop, get Linux, don't mess with stupid programs. If you can, hit f8 at startup and get into safe mode as admin. From there, you should be able to uninstall and make new accounts.
Cheers.

First, I don't plan to download more crap (no offence to Linux). I also tried F8 and it didn't work. I think it is F10 on my computer.

Thanks for the support guys, I will NEVER trust anything from that company. Im going to block it out on my Firewall. Thanks for the comments.
FaLLeN
Id go into safe and make a new account then try that...atleast if everything fails you can just format. Smile
SGbilder
Tried desktop X ones... only ones...

Window blinds on the other hand, I like!