FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

School Bombing?

Billwaa
Quote:
Council Rock School District

EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT

November 8, 2006

To parents and students in the Council Rock community,

On Tuesday evening, Council Rock received two threats directed at our high schools. In consultation with the police departments of Northampton and Newtown Townships, I made the decision to close our two high schools. No one will be permitted on the grounds of Council Rock North or South today.

In cooperation with our police departments, we will spend the day ensuring that both school facilities are safe for students and staff. We will communicate through Channel 27 and our web site (www.crsd.org) about our high school session on Thursday, November 9th.

The Sloan School will be closed today. There will be no transportation to Middle Bucks Institute of Technology.

All other school buildings are open. While neither threat was directed at elementary or middle schools, acting with supreme caution, we intend to have an added security presence in each of these schools.

Respectfully,

Mark J. Klein
Superintendent of Schools

Someone want to kill my school, my friends said someone threat to bomb our school... So I have no school today. I am wondering about tomorrow. I am kind of sad right now, because now I can't go to school. Why are there so many school threat problems lately? I never thought it would occur to me...
Hunterseaker
bombing schools, strange world.... Tho i think it is just a frustration of a student who had an argument with the principal or something like that.
And whats wrong with one day off?
scotty
Hunterseaker wrote:
And whats wrong with one day off?

He only gets the "day off" because somebody want to kill him. I wouldn't be happy either.
Billwaa
well, we have a day off yesterday already for election day... another day off when I plan to go to school....

That mean one less summer day for me /.\
Blaster
Are you the school in New Jersy. There is a school in Jersy that I've herd is having this happen. Kind of scary i know. I was in a prediciment where my school was on lockdown for a couple hours. Anyhow be safe... stay out of school. Very Happy
Billwaa
No not New Jersey for me, but Pennsylvannia, near New Jersey, just across a river. Some bad student probably want another day off.
Blaster
ah i know its somewhere. I live in deleware county. i've herd a lot about it.
dz9c
Billwaa wrote:
Quote:

EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT

November 8, 2006

On Tuesday evening, Council Rock received two threats directed at our high schools. In consultation with the police departments of Northampton and Newtown Townships, I made the decision to close our two high schools. No one will be permitted on the grounds of Council Rock North or South today.

In cooperation with our police departments, we will spend the day ensuring that both school facilities are safe for students and staff. We will communicate through Channel 27 and our web site (www.crsd.org) about our high school session on Thursday, November 9th.

The Sloan School will be closed today. There will be no transportation to Middle Bucks Institute of Technology.

All other school buildings are open. While neither threat was directed at elementary or middle schools, acting with supreme caution, we intend to have an added security presence in each of these schools.

Respectfully,

Mark J. Klein

Someone want to kill my school, my friends said someone threat to bomb our school... So I have no school today. I am wondering about tomorrow. I am kind of sad right now, because now I can't go to school. Why are there so many school threat problems lately? I never thought it would occur to me...

Simply put dude its basicly just copycat behavior... They see this stuff on tv or on the internet happening somewhere else and before you know it everyone else is without thinking about the consequences if you get caught so this dumb stuff happens. Its most likely not a real bomb threat but precautions still have to be made. Nobody does that stuff here because we got cameras on every corner of the building and the teachers require you to sign a paper before you go in the bathroom also requiring to the time so it narrows down the search to find whoever wrote the threats if one was ever written.
Blaster
Yea i know that there are a lot of camaras and all. But I could call it in like a prank call and know one would know who it was if i used say a friends cell phone or something.
Billwaa
dz9c wrote:
Billwaa wrote:
Quote:

EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT

November 8, 2006

Respectfully,

Mark J. Klein

Simply put dude its basicly just copycat behavior... They see this stuff on tv or on the internet happening somewhere else and before you know it everyone else is without thinking about the consequences if you get caught so this dumb stuff happens. Its most likely not a real bomb threat but precautions still have to be made. Nobody does that stuff here because we got cameras on every corner of the building and the teachers require you to sign a paper before you go in the bathroom also requiring to the time so it narrows down the search to find whoever wrote the threats if one was ever written.

My school have the pass system too. And also the cameria, too many of them in the school, even in front of the bathroom. My school is a new school, built a couple years, the security is very tight, students only allow to enter at the front enterence, everywhere else is locked. I don't think people actually got a bomb or bomb like object in the school, just that at the end of election day, they think their day off is not long enough and want an extra one. The school recieve the threat call or note or whatever at the end of election day. Now, the school close both high school of the school district... They sent 7 teams of bomb detectors from the police deparment in it... Man, security are really tight. My mom said that they lock down the entire area around the school.
Blaster
Yea but you have to take it seriously you know. I come from a good town and look what happended to me. Some lunitic locks him self in a bar and causes a stand off. Billwaa you might have herd about that over at a bar. Well they locked down my school and the neighboring middle school. I know stuff like this can be pretty scary.
Billwaa
well, I never get lock down before (even though we pratice it), but this is the first time something like this happen to me, lol.
Blaster
yea same here. We practice a lot thats how we all knew what to do. Its a good thing to practice. That way we are calm if something really does happen. Any how i hope that you will be safe.
Billwaa
Quote:
November 8, 2006, 9:30 PM

To parents and students in the Council Rock community:

It is important that I reveal the details of the threats we received on Tuesday evening. The brief 911 call that was made revealed a bomb threat to our high schools. The time period was specific – 48 hours. It is important that parents and students understand that the timeline for this threat includes Thursday. We took every possible precaution to ensure that school can and will open safely on Thursday. Nevertheless, this information is shared with parents and students to allow you to make a decision tomorrow based on your full understanding of the nature of the threat and the school’s response.

Both of our high schools will be open on Thursday, November 9th, with a two and a half hour delay. We expect both high schools to begin their day at 10:00 AM. We will have some new routines for students as they arrive at school for at least the next two days.

* No student will be permitted to carry a book bag or back pack into school. Please carry any books that you will absolutely need for class tomorrow with you. If you bring a book bag tomorrow, expect that it will be confiscated at the entrance to school and not returned until the end of the day.
* While not a requirement, I would encourage all high school students to travel to school on school busses for the next two days. If you must drive, please know that we will be increasing our scrutiny of vehicles that travel on school property.
* All after school activities are cancelled at our high schools tomorrow including the Career Fair. We are exploring the possibility of moving the South football game to a neutral site.
* The marking period will be extended.

To ensure your child’s safety, the following safety measures were implemented at our two high schools:

* The perimeter of each school was secured on Tuesday and patrolled by township police during the day. No student or adult was allowed on school property without the express permission of the local police and the school district.
* Teams of “bomb sniffing” dogs went carefully through each of the high schools today. Each of these canine units was accompanied by an administrator or staff member who was familiar with the school. That process took well over eight (Cool hours. We used a tactical response team from Montgomery County to investigate any “hit” made by a dog. At approximately 5:30 PM on Wednesday, the police reported that both high schools were clear. At that time, we secured each building and will continue to maintain security personnel and police on site through Friday.
* We continue to cooperate with Northampton Police Department in their investigation of this terroristic threat. Should the police department make an arrest, we will ask that they prosecute to the fullest extent allowed by the law.

I end this letter by offering my thanks for your patience, support and understanding during this past twenty-four (24) hour period. We do not cancel school lightly. The decision to cancel classes at our high schools was made only after careful deliberation among our administrative team and after hours of consultation with the local police.

Respectfully,

Mark J. Klein

Now look at this, 2 hour delay for me tomorrow. That mean I only have 1/2 hour to do my 1 hour test. (Most people can't even finish in 1 hour)

I mean, come on, no school bag? How am I only to carry all my notebooks and binders and calculator and pencils.... And all the stuffs I need?

I can't believe it took them 8 hours to clear the schools, lol, I guess dogs are not robots.

Should I go to school tomorrow?
Blaster
I wouldn't i'd be afraid. Just say that when everything is going on. Go in on friday. I would do that i mean i think a lot of people would understand and a lot of people wouldn't go.
Kaisonic
Why are you sad that you can't go to school? What kind of education-loving person are you? I mean, seriously! I mean, if someone threatened my school with a bomb, I'd just leave the school and say, go ahead and blow it up! No one would care.
RhysAndrews
Crap, freaky stuff. We ain't got that around here. The best we had was a group of idiots break into the music room and steal a ton of guitars. Hey, me playing lasertag with a group of my mates at midnight in the school grounds is pretty bad.

-Rhys
markrc99
But everything, and I mean everything propagated by the corporate media is something you want to regard with a high level of suspicion. This particular incident may have been a prank, or something orchestrated. Consider the general perception among everyone who has posted on the subject here. If such threats generate a certain perspective throughout society, are there broader influences and industries that benefit from that? Of course there are!

There have been many reports citing the nature of our Federal govt and what are referred to as "psyops" and/or "false flag operations." One that people may be familiar with is when the govt was ramping up it's propaganda to "invade" Iraq. There was an apparent anthrax scare, the "potential source" of which was conveniently Saddam Hussein's intelligence apparatus. Later it was determined that the strand had characteristics of a more domestic origin. Indeed, it finally came out that the strand originated out of Ft. Dietrich which is located in Maryland and is the U.S. biological warfare base. Of course when I say reported, this was actually a tiny blip we're talking about, then it's gone.

The human mind is such that conformity and frequency weigh well beyond relevance with respect to the controlled dissemination of information. When you research any particular subject usually the most accurate and unbiased premise is one that follows the money, not the flag. Despite it's history and the true interests the federal govt serves, the truth is never proactive, it's always behind, it's always following. It's ripped up into tiny pieces and disseminated among hundreds of so-called "independent sources." Over 90% of the TV, radio & print media you're subjected to is controlled by just 5 corporate conglomerates that are in fact tied to interests of a global proportion.

Speech is not free, it's extremely expensive. I recommend maintaining a good rapport with as many history teachers and professors as possible. It won't take you long to weed out the nationalists from the intellectuals. There's a reason America is resented around the world, and if you believe that garbage that it's because they're all jealous, consider yourself brainwashed and completely void of any sense of reality.

Mark C.
crimson_aria
>__< School bombing... scary. But school is like, one of the easiest places to bomb, unless there's really a tight security. Glad that no one has ever sent a bomb threat to my school.
erlendhg
This is terrible.

Also, in Norway we have just had something called "Operasjon Dagsverk"
Think it´s somethink like the "wow-day", anyway it is a day where everyone going to shools work for one day to earn money for something.

This year it was for the shools in Nepal, who are currently used as military bases, so the poor kids can't go to school.
Arseniy
Hmmm...
I'll always remember day, when there was two terracts in our city, in two supermarkets. And somewho called policce in our school because there was false message that somewho is going to bomb our school. We had been evacuated. Terrible. Just be calm and quiet.
Blaster
They had school again today. But all activities where cancelled. Thats what the news said at least.
SFMeatwad
I just wish that my school would catch fire and we'd have to never go to school.

Something like that. Hahah.
Billwaa
SFMeatwad wrote:
I just wish that my school would catch fire and we'd have to never go to school.

Something like that. Hahah.

I wouldn't wish that for my school because my school is new and all the equiments caused a lot. I mean, we got so many good computers that it is scary. The first year I went to the school, I am like "Wow, this is like a university.)

Anyway, I went to school Thursday, I didn't get kill.
Blaster
yea thats what the news said. Glad you guys are all alright and all. I wouldn't wish that only because then we would be forced to go to another school and it would be chaous.
Soulfire
I vividly remember in 2nd grade (some 9 years ago) someone called a bomb threat to our school. We went home at 1:00 that day, and came back the next. Needless to say, it was a false alarm, but still.
Blaster
yea stuff like that has to be taken seriously. If it wern't and there really was a bomb then it would be really bad on the schools part.
ThornsOfSorrow
If I were you, I'd be very happy that the administrators at your school took the proper precautions. It's likely that nothing would have happened if you went to school that day, but it's still good to know that people have been taking threats like this seriously, regardless of the chances of them actually being carried out. It's never fun to have more days added on to the end of your school year, but like I said, be happy that you're in a safe place.
Vrythramax
I agree with the precautions taken, they were meant only to ensure the safty of the students, and further discussion may entice others to go along the same route. Considering the spam from some of our users....so I am locking the topic to prevent further spam and possible enticement.....I will lock future topics along this line as well. Our schools are supposed to be a safe haven for our children.

Comment yes, spam no.

-locked-