FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DragonForce

Marston
Anyone like them? They're a British Power-Metal band. PM me if you want a "sample" of their music.
Insanity
DragonForce is not bad in my opinion. They have strange video game like sounds though, which is probably how they were influenced in the first place. There was this one video on YouTube where it showed Herman Li doing a bunch of video game sounds like PacMan and some dive bomb.
Ozzy
Awesome band!

Saw them in May of this year. Wicked live!!

Herman's squeals were so mad. You know how he lifts his whole guitar up by his whammy and mimics the sound with his mouth haha. So good live, great energy!!
Sickness
Herman Li is a very boring freak Rolling Eyes
hofodomo01
do you mean this dragonforce? i think it's by that band...
Nutteloos
It's a little too short to be sure, but my guess would definitely be Dragonforce.
Vonn
Hey, cool.
I got into DragonForce recently (my guitarist got me into them). I just gotta say that i love powermetal (manowar, rhapsody, etc).
Herman Li takes up all the spotlight, though. Sam [insertlastnamehere] is a pretty good guitarist, too (not as good as Herman, but he can still shred). Just some insight Mad.
One that that irks me a little:
Sometimes the way the singer sings reminds me of a female country singer. It could just be me, but he does.
JBotAlan
Dragonforce is just a bit ridiculous; then again I'm not quite into super heavy stuff. I learned about them, believe it or not, from the podcast Offbeat. They played one of their songs, and it was crazy fast. I can see myself listening to it when I'm in the mood, but I am hardly ever in the mood for heavy, fast stuff.

JBot
Marston
Sickness wrote:
Herman Li is a very boring freak Rolling Eyes
He could probably pwn you and everyone else in the entire world at guitar though Razz.
Victus13
A good friend of mine started listening to this band awhile ago.. he was so estatic about them he bought and mailed me a copy of their CD so I could hear it.

I really enjoy them. The insturmentals are amazing.. great music to workout too. Smile
Sickness
Quote:
He could probably pwn you and everyone else in the entire world at guitar though

sorry, I don't understand you... Embarassed
Insanity
He is an awesome guitarist. There.
Josso
Aka: speed metal.

The solos impress me, they are "face melting" to say the least. Apart from that imho not to be taken too seriously.
achene
Dragonforce is an ok band, but they just get a little "cheesy" when youve listened to them for a while.
jantje
They play to ****** fast. HATE THEM BECAUSE I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THAT Evil or Very Mad , no way, they're ****** awesome Twisted Evil
Sickness
Play slowly!
Marston
achene wrote:
Dragonforce is an ok band, but they just get a little "cheesy" when youve listened to them for a while.
lol obviously. They've done interviews where they actually say that their lyrics aren't meant to be taken seriously.
pll
I like this band !

Their solos are amazing! Wink
s.emasintan
they're great! very fast power metal music. i heard couple of songs and are awesome. their guitarists are great! listen to songs like black winter night,
valley of the damned, starfire and many more...