FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WOW

Natrualkiller
Man any 1 here play world of warcraft i cant get off it!!! im horde on skullcrusher if u might wana meat up give me your char name
Kelcey
ALL of my friends play WoW... I'm the only one that doesn't. I know I'll drop out of college and become a bum if I get addicted, sorry Sad
dule
ya all of my friends too, its insanity. i don't play it cuz i don't have money to pay the game monthly + internet Sad

maybe it's better that way.
Eryx
Been playing WoW since just after it came out. There is no doubt it is an addiction. Just as bad though as any MMORPG. Jumped from EQ to City of Heroes (when it came out) to WoW. Now I've got a 58 Druid and a slew of alts all around Lvl 20 or so on the Dragonblight Server. Main reason I've started posting on Frihost is to get hosting for a guild website.

I definently recommend WoW if you've got the money to blow on a pay to play game. It seems less redundent (after excessive playing), has a good lvling system, -actually- useful tradeskills, lovely graphics and quite an indepth/ongoing storyline. Not mention it's Blizzard. Starcraft forever!
baseballbrad3
some of my friends play it. i dont care much for RPGs, but i did see the Leroy Jenkins video. that was funny.

you can see it at http://warcraftmovies.com/download.php?mirror=http%3A%2F%2Fhem.bredband.net%2Fb222680%2Fleeroy.wmv&id=1666
RaFaMp
this game is not famous here =P

well but its a good game,,.. i played on single mode
dule
RaFaMp wrote:
this game is not famous here =P

well but its a good game,,.. i played on single mode

i think wow cant be played in single mode...

u mean warcraft? warcraft and wow are 2 different games...
Texas Al
Is there such a thing as a trade-only character?

Okay, that's a wierd thing to want, but it has always bugged me that almost all MMORPGs and RPGs out there are about going out and killing stuff. In real life, and in the real medieval times, that was only a tiny minority of the population. More people were involved in commerce and crafting... so if they ever made a game where you could be one of those people, I'd totally play it.

I guess something like an MMORPG version of Patrician III... now there's an idea!
Kelcey
[quote="baseballbrad3"]some of my friends play it. i dont care much for RPGs, but i did see the Leroy Jenkins video. that was funny.

you can see it at [url=http://warcraftmovies.com/download.php?mirror=http%3A%2F%2Fhem.bredband.net%2Fb222680%2Fleeroy.wmv&id=1666]http://warcraftmovies.com/download.php?mirror=http%3A%2F%2Fhem.bredband.net%2Fb222680%2Fleeroy.wmv&id=1666[/url][/quote]

Haha, that's friggin' hilarious. I'm looking for more funny videos right now, haha.
noliver
Texas Al wrote:
Is there such a thing as a trade-only character?

Okay, that's a wierd thing to want, but it has always bugged me that almost all MMORPGs and RPGs out there are about going out and killing stuff. In real life, and in the real medieval times, that was only a tiny minority of the population. More people were involved in commerce and crafting... so if they ever made a game where you could be one of those people, I'd totally play it.

I guess something like an MMORPG version of Patrician III... now there's an idea!

Yes in WOW you can do a craft only - like make armour or make leather goods - but you then will have to pay someone to collect the components for you or pick a craft where you can buy all the stuff from a NPC (NonPlayerCharacter) supplier.

I support your idea for a MMORPG for Patrician ! I have played all the Patricians up to version 3 and I think its a great game.
Texas Al
Yeah, I played all three too. Funny thing is, they're all pretty much the same game, especially II and III. Oh well, at least it's the same good game.

Actually, I can sort of think of a way to do this using PHP and MySQL... it would therefore have to be a turn-based game, but that doesn't bother me. The real kicker is getting the economic model right... I don't want some mickey-mouse BS economics like you usually find in games, I want realistic supply and demand behavior. Once I know the right relationships, the coding itself shouldn't be too hard.
Intoxicated
lol, WoW.... I bought that around xmas 2004, played about 3 hours, never played again... dont find it that fun to be honest
Neus
yeh i play WoW.. before that i played SWG (i loved the SWG community.. my guild was just a bunch of fun people to hang out with Smile) and before that RS... WoW is great and all.. but im a paladin... and uh.. lets just say bliz better not be lieing when they say they are actually looking into the fact our class has problems... cause paladin lvl 60 is BORING!!!! and pvp is almost impossible cause everyone can run away (im currently working on getting my engineering up so i can catch them) ...

anyways, yeh world of warcrack is quite addictive Wink
ahao358
I like this game!
Higgs
Can't say that I like it, but I play it. Wink
The pvp system isn't implemented well in WoW. I'd say it almost sux. Battlegrounds are team matches not pvp that fits into a MMORPG. Well, just matches where you grind for points. But I need better reasons to kill people in a MMORPG. I want real friends and real enemies.

PvP was much more fun in Neocron (TM), because it had a FPS interface, you were able to shoot at everyone, enemy or friend and could make real in-game politics this way. Hehe. Feel the might ! But there the development just stood still content-wise, so I and my clan [FAnG] got bored and left after about 2 years. Then I played Lineage beta, Planetside, AO, a bit SWG and EVE.

Finally we all met in WoW again. The first weeks were fun, everything was new, but later it was only grinding to lvl 60 for me, just something that had to be done. With 60 I did the same instances again and again for a few weeks like Scholomance, Stratholme and UBRS. Boring after some time.
It got better, when we entered Molten Core, because there you really need a lot of tactics and teamplay to make it. But this gets boring too after dozens of runs it's just like any other instance. The only challenge is Ragnaros.

So I think I mainly keep on playing because of my guild mates. I log in for the big raids like Molten Core, Onyxia and previously Kazzak.
I have always the problem that I'm too addicted to a game to let an advanced character die that I've been playing over months or years, even if I think that the game is boring. And I have the feeling that my warlock isn't finished yet. She wears nine epic items from Molten Core, but there is still a lot of stuff that would improve her (for PvP, which is boring in WoW, but anyway. Wink )

When I don't raid in WoW, I play EVE, because it has more complexity. I'm still waiting for the next MMORPG game that offers in-game politics like in Neocron, where you can conquer and claim stuff and decide yourself, who you shoot or not for whatever reason. That's fun, but it need also content and complex economy, otherwise it gets boring, too.

P.S.: Ok, my answer regarding WoW was too negative I think. If someone of you feels the boredom in WoW too, but hasn't done Molten Core and that stuff yet. Then do that before you leave WoW. This is the best stuff there is in PvE. You'll surely have some weeks of fun there. It's really some different sort of PvE there and it's a challenge to learn how to kill the bosses with tactics/teamplay. Smile
orc_lord
world of warcraft is a super game. rulz Smile
i love it and i am playing..
Maka
The idea of haveing to pay to play online is stupid, after paying for the game and your internet I dont really want to shell out anymore cash, seeing as I can play bf2 and css online for nothing but my inet bill that will do me fine. But wow looks fun though if there wasnt that bad part I would play it.
Tr0y
I play in Lineage 2 for freeserver
Slimagh
There are a lot of unofficial free WoW servers, where you can play for free. As I know, playing on such servers is not illegal. And there is a group of people called WDDG, that try to create good WoW server emulator. They are still working, so new emulator cames short time after new patch apperas.
To play on other servers, you just need to download World of Warcraft Control Panel. It's a freeware program that search WoW servers and launches the game in this way that it connects to this server.
But the main fault of unofficial servers is that you can sometimes loose your character - mostly after sevver's death and sometimes when nev version of game cames. But it doesn't happen often.
THE11thROCK™
One of the best games ever to land in my PC and to anyone else willing to try it. WoW simply rocks!
dule
Slimagh wrote:
There are a lot of unofficial free WoW servers, where you can play for free. As I know, playing on such servers is not illegal. And there is a group of people called WDDG, that try to create good WoW server emulator. They are still working, so new emulator cames short time after new patch apperas.
To play on other servers, you just need to download World of Warcraft Control Panel. It's a freeware program that search WoW servers and launches the game in this way that it connects to this server.
But the main fault of unofficial servers is that you can sometimes loose your character - mostly after sevver's death and sometimes when nev version of game cames. But it doesn't happen often.

true, but you won't find as many people as in the original wow server.
Raijenki
Never downloaded World of Warcraft, it's so HIGH.
2GB is a lot of space on my PC =X.
But WoW appear be good =)
snowymirage
I play runescape. It doesnt have the graphics of wow, but its cheaper and i think has more features. You dont need a high seed connection but it wold help. Plus its free, but i pay 5 dolalrs a month for members. This game is more addicting then WOW even though at times it is boring, people sit there for hours like me.
comsci18
i play WoW
i have some problem with it
but i dont care
elcyron
i played the beta for about two months and was so disapointed i stoped playing until a month after the release.

what's the difference between killing 10 young nightsabers on level 1 and killing 10 black dragon on level 60? the game is made of killing, searching and running, wich is rather boring. after level 20 most people don't even bother reading the quests, look at the last line "kill 10 magram", don't ask why, just do it...

my reason for still playing is RPG. once you leave the common channel and ignore the counterstrike-kiddies (no personal offense) you can realy start to have some atmospheric RPG.
SilverDogg
yea i play that game. i havent played alot for a while now (havent played any game at all to be honest), which sucks ;/. have to start playing like crazy soon, but i would like some more ram memory. have to buy some soon!
waiteck
I have not tried that game as my major exams are reaching soon. Well i will try it after my exams XD.. Looks kinda addictive..
Slimagh
Yes, it is very addictive Smile I started to play it again and now i'm spending about 8 hours per day... but unfortunetly end of holidays is coming soon...
Harrowed
A LOT of people have turned from WoW to Runescape or Guildwars.. Mainly due to their no monthly fees..

You know you want to join the darkside! ^_^

The Harrowed on American Servers ...

*plants sugestive remarks about GuildWars superiority!*