FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Titles of Forums

Hogwarts
I would just like to point out *points* that the titles of the topics are all messed up.

I.e.
Forum Names wrote:
Hobbies and animals
Jobs and learning
Economics and Marketing
Relationships
Health and Beauty
Science and Nature
Philosophy and Religion
Discuss World News

Now, call me picky but shouldn't it be like this?

Forum Names wrote:
Hobbies and Animals
Jobs and Learning
Economics and Marketing
Relationships
Health and Beauty
Science and Nature
Philosophy and Religion
Discuss World News

If you notice that in the second quote I change the capitals so that they are all similar. It looks more professional if all the names of the topics begin with a capital letter, rather than some with capitals and others without.

Don't you all agree with me? Wink
Bondings
Thanks for the suggestion. Fixed. Very Happy
simplyw00x
Would it be possible, whilst we're on the subject, to have forum names with a little more charisma? Frihost is becoming really generic...
Animal
simplyw00x wrote:
Would it be possible, whilst we're on the subject, to have forum names with a little more charisma?

Charisma? In a forum name? Odd suggestion... why don't you give us some examples of what you mean?
LukeakaDanish
Animal wrote:
Charisma? In a forum name? Odd suggestion... why don't you give us some examples of what you mean?

My guess is he wants this:

Quote:
Exciting Hobbies and Awesome animals
Amazing Jobs and Incredible learning
Skilled Economics and Uber Marketing
etc...

Rolling Eyes
simplyw00x
Quote:
Exciting Hobbies and Awesome animals
Amazing Jobs and Incredible learning
Skilled Economics and Uber Marketing
etc...

more or less Very Happy

Actually, I was thinking memorable names. By way of example, LivingWithStyle.com has 'Gamers' Haven' for games, and 'Armchair Intellectuals' as the intellectual discussion forum. Something like that.
LukeakaDanish
My opinion is that it would make posting more confusing, and mean more noobs post in wrong forums.

Also its a little bit pointless Confused
Animal
simplyw00x wrote:
more or less Very Happy

Actually, I was thinking memorable names. By way of example, LivingWithStyle.com has 'Gamers' Haven' for games, and 'Armchair Intellectuals' as the intellectual discussion forum. Something like that.

Right, I see your point now. My only concern about this is that we have a lot of international users whose first language is not English. This would make their forum experience much more difficult in my opinion.
hack_man_
Or Codemonkey's Arms for the PHP forum! lol
babumuchhala
Frankly the foum needs more zing

It has just become too dull and boring. Spice it up. get a new theme, new forum names, give it a makeover, and make my day.

Atleast if not the new theme get some good names.

Even Subtle changes, like replacing Softwares with Softwarez is fun.

But now i seriusly feel we need a new theme after doing with the same boring theme for more tha One & Half years.
LukeakaDanish
babumuchhala wrote:
Frankly the foum needs more zing

It has just become too dull and boring. Spice it up. get a new theme, new forum names, give it a makeover, and make my day.

Atleast if not the new theme get some good names.

Even Subtle changes, like replacing Softwares with Softwarez is fun.

But now i seriusly feel we need a new theme after doing with the same boring theme for more tha One & Half years.

Bondings IS making a new design, however I really think more important tasks such as making server two more reliable (its gotten a lot better already), SEO and loads of more technical stuff IS priority.

Also warez = illegal software, so softwarez might give some wrong impressions !
ocalhoun
The forum titles are a little dry... I wouldn't change them though, I'd change the descriptions. The new title for the vehicles and transportation section is a good example of spicing it up a little.
Hogwarts
ocalhoun wrote:
The forum titles are a little dry... I wouldn't change them though, I'd change the descriptions. The new title for the vehicles and transportation section is a good example of spicing it up a little.

Yes.. You have a point.

If you have all these fun, amusing titles, then new people would wonder what the heck's going on.

If people see "Softwarez" they'll either go post as much as they can in it, or they'll thing "What kind of webhost are these people running!??"

And I know all of you love talking about Zeppelins Very Happy
ocalhoun
Hogwarts wrote:

And I know all of you love talking about Zeppelins Very Happy

Yay for Zeppelins!

Another example: you could redo the description of the introductions section to something like 'Stop being a lurker; introduce yourself here.'
simplyw00x
Quote:
The forum titles are a little dry...

Quote:
Frankly the foum needs more zing ... It has just become too dull and boring.

Exactly. And as for people browsing the forums who don't speak english as a first language, that's what the descriptions are for.

1. Fun forum names
2. Descriptive descriptions
3. ???
4. Profit