FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

favorite lead singers

homg
who are some of your favorite lead singers?

mine are:
adam lazzara - taking back sunday
jesse lacey - brand new
conor oberst - bright eyes/desaparecidos
ace enders - the early november/i can make a mess like nobody's business
anthony green - circa survive
cove reber - saosin
daryl palumbo - glassjaw/head automatica
andrew mcmahon - something corporate/jack's mannequin

talented musicians. Smile
tidruG
Maybe James Hetfield (Metallica) may not have the *best* voice, but he's definitely got the *best* voice control... that's one of the main reasons I like Metallica's softer songs... I love the way he sings, man!

But then again, if you're counting not only the voice, I think I'd almost idolize Brandon boyd (incubus) for his outlook on life, and Dexter Holland (awesome voice, great sense of humour, great attitude) and Fred Durst (the man who kept Nu-Metal alive, introducing us to bands like Staind, and Puddle Of Mudd.... the man who made rap-rock awesome)
homg
You can have any reason for liking them. As far as voice and singing ability, I like Ace Enders, Andrew McMahon, and Sherri and Stacey DuPree (Eisley). Most of the ones I included on my first post I think are very good writers. As far as stage performance, I really llike Cove Reber and Adam Lazzara. If I have to consider their personalities, then that's another story. lol.
althalus
Hmm I'd probably say Mikael Åkerfeldt from the Swedish band Opeth. I watched their DVD, Lamentations,and he sings not much different from the album = very good Smile

Me and a coworker discussed Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) the other day and how he's able to keep the right tones even when screaming. Pretty cool Smile
tehk
Carmelo Orlando from a band called Novembre (Italy). On most of their songs he combines screaming vocals with soothing melodic vocals. He has a very nice voice and when he actually sings, it's mind boggling how well his voice is. The same can be said about Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth (Sweden). But IMO Carmelo has a better voice.

As for female singer, I would say Tarja Turunen from Nightwish (Finland). Her voice is absolutely brilliant. Their band is basically the metal version of the US band Evanescence (I'm sure most of you have heard of them). And I say the Metal version because for those of us who know metal, Evanescence isn't really metal (no offense to anyone). Tarja is blessed with tons and tons of talent. Unlike most artists, she sounds much better (if not the same) live as the recordings. I think its a real shame that the mainstream worships artists such as Hilary Duff, Ahsley Simpson, and Lindsay Lohan for their "singing abilities". Lip Syncing is shameful really. If your not really singing, just prancing around on stage while thousands of people adore you, what are they really loving? Your vocals, or your image? That's basically all it is. Imagery. And that's very sad IMO.
homg
tehk wrote:
I think its a real shame that the mainstream worships artists such as Hilary Duff, Ahsley Simpson, and Lindsay Lohan for their "singing abilities". Lip Syncing is shameful really. If your not really singing, just prancing around on stage while thousands of people adore you, what are they really loving? Your vocals, or your image? That's basically all it is. Imagery. And that's very sad IMO.

They have no talent whatsoever. And hiring 40-year-old men to write your songs isn't impressive either.
ANGRA
- André Matos (ANGRA)
- Glenn Hughes (ex Deep Purple)
- Rannveig Sif Sigurdardottir (Luca Turilli -female voice-)
- Russell Allen (Symphony X)
- Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius)
- Victor García (Warcry)
tidruG
homg wrote:
tehk wrote:
I think its a real shame that the mainstream worships artists such as Hilary Duff, Ahsley Simpson, and Lindsay Lohan for their "singing abilities". Lip Syncing is shameful really. If your not really singing, just prancing around on stage while thousands of people adore you, what are they really loving? Your vocals, or your image? That's basically all it is. Imagery. And that's very sad IMO.

They have no talent whatsoever. And hiring 40-year-old men to write your songs isn't impressive either.

well, in most cases, that's what separates the good artistes from the really successful artistes, unfortunately... very few real artistes get as much commercial success as the lip syncers... IMO, anybody who lip syncs at concerts should not be allowed to do any more "music" concerts... they should be allowed to hold concerts as long as they admit that all they're going to do is dance around the stage and wear tiny clothes, not sing nor pretend to sing.
Caxius
ian watkins - lostprophets
jared leto - 30 seconds to mas
joel maden - gd
Wink
Healckles
My Preferences:

André Matos (Angra)
Freddie Mercury (Queen)
Janes Joplin
James Hetfield (Metallica)
Tarja (Nightwish)
Amy Lee (Evanescence)
Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

When I Remember more, I´ll post later
homg
Caxius wrote:
ian watkins - lostprophets
jared leto - 30 seconds to mas
joel maden - gd
Wink

i didn't know jared leto sang too. haha.
engel
Trent Reznor - Nine Inch Nails
Nirotu
Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle)
Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)
Zach Davidson (Vendetta Red)

Most talented in my opinion.
icugaming
Thom Yorke - Radiohead
Jeff Tweedy - Wilco
Caxius
homg wrote:

yes, and he plays the guitar too, hahaha
his band is 30 seconds to mars, and they are a great band!! Wink
homg
Caxius wrote:
homg wrote:

yes, and he plays the guitar too, hahaha
his band is 30 seconds to mars, and they are a great band!! Wink

I've listened to 30 Seconds to Mars, actually. I probably just didn't like it enough to remember anything about it.
Caxius
homg wrote:
I've listened to 30 Seconds to Mars, actually. I probably just didn't like it enough to remember anything about it.

so..They seem to me to my great band Wink
tidruG
i almost forgot to mention... i love the way dexter holland sings... he's just got that unique style of singing which I've never heard in any other band...
Kelcey
I don't know their names, I forgot 'em. But the lead singer from the used-to-be-Creed and the new singer that replaced him in Alter Bridge. They sound the same.
tidruG
The old guy was Scott Stapp (I may have got the spelling wrong)... and I don't know about the new guy...
#Moony666
i also like James Hetfield Very Happy
Helios
James Hetfield?

He can teach linkin park's singer few(a lot of, tons of) lessons in vocals.

But Bruce Dickinson overpowers Hetfield.

though if you don't have musical hearing, it's quite hard to notice it... but it is true.
tidruG
No... I don't really love James Hetfield for his screaming or deep screeching abilities... I like him for hid singing and pitch-changing abilities... though if you think Bruce Dickinson does that better than him too, then I'll have to listen to a few more Maiden songs to be able to tell you what I think...
shr3dd
wow, i clicked this thread to maybe find some people that listened to good bands, i was suprised. heres my favorite (I'm naming the ones who have TALENT)

James Labrie (Dream Theater)
Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
Russell Allen (Symphony X)
Bruce Dickenson (Iron ****** Maiden)
Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour)
David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
I was surprised to see Mikael Åkerfeldt's name come up. I think he is an excellent singer and I personally love Opeth.

to those who named the singer from Angra: Andre Matos is the old singer and while i like angra's old stuff, i think Eduardo Falaschi, Angra's new singer is a much better vocalist.

tidrug wrote:
Fred Durst (the man who kept Nu-Metal alive, introducing us to bands like Staind, and Puddle Of Mudd.... the man who made rap-rock awesome)

tidrug, you are a moron. fred durst has no talent, had no taste when it came to "introducing" you to new music. he didnt introduce you to shit because staind and puddle of crudd sounded like every other mainstream band out there, which is nothing new. and for the record, rap-rock has never and will never be awesome you ****** idiot. to those who want to hear some real singing, don't listen to tidrug for any suggestions.
tidruG
Oi shit-head... that's the music I listen to. I never told anyone to listen to it... stop being so damn thick.
I like Pink Floyd and Pearl Jam too... I just said that as far as the mainstream nu-metal or rock is concerned, it's bands like Limp Bizkit or Puddle Of Mudd or Staind which rule. Geez... man, why you so thick?

shr3dd wrote:
and for the record, rap-rock has never and will never be awesome you ****** idiot. to those who want to hear some real singing, don't listen to tidrug for any suggestions.

And for the record, just because I don't like Rap doesn't mean it sucks.
"If anyone wants to meet a blundering nitwit who can't accept that other people can make their own choices, meet shr3dd" Rolling Eyes
Bondings
Please stop flaming!

-locked-