FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need for speed carbon

mansonivan
this game coming out soon. i m big fans of this game. anyone like need for speed here?
sgwreviews
I liked need for speed very much, but not like that anymore. I really enjoyed the Prosche unleashed edition (is was the 4th game i think).
But the newer games are not realistic. When you hit a wall at 180mph, then you won't get an hard to steer car now. If you hit a wall in the porsche edition, then you could really see the damage translated in to harder steering, bad engine perfomance and that kind of stuff.

But I do have to say that the graphics of the new Carbon edition are very good. And the storyline thing is very good to really take you in the game.
amusic
the graphics of the new Carbon edition are very good? I heard that it seems like comic. Anyway, I am going to try on it later.
tomardern
I regually go on the steam fourms, and the forumees say that the game isnt as good as first thought. I am still not sure about buying it, not sure if my pc could handle it
Victus13
tomardern wrote:
I regually go on the steam fourms, and the forumees say that the game isnt as good as first thought. I am still not sure about buying it, not sure if my pc could handle it

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

System Requirements Lab does a pretty good job on telling you if you Computer is worthy or not to run a game. Smile
pokethamage
Victus13 wrote:
tomardern wrote:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

System Requirements Lab does a pretty good job on telling you if you Computer is worthy or not to run a game. Smile

that site sucks...i mean the idea's good but i did a test on my pc for The Sims 2, on which i lag like h3ll so i cant play it at all, and on that site it said my pc's past the recommended mark...i think that thing checks ur hardware capabilities against the game publisher's minimum+recommended specs. and as we all know they can be very accurate or extremely far off.

btw back to topic, i just finished the game today. the career mode's quite brief...
Codeman1
Need for speed is awsome and the new game looks like it gonna have some pretty good graphics. Beside the fact that almost every need for speed is basicaly the same its still a fun game to play and keeps you playing. I hope the new game is better.
androjuni
its already available! its not as good as what you would expect though. i hear there's no online play, which is realy a bummer. you guys wold rather buy "bully" than this. reviews are out on gamespot and other gaming sites. low ratings too.
Dronzar21
Downloaded game 2 hrs back and played it. Well its a nice game but to be frank i liked the nfs:mw gfx more than carbon. The slomo thing is really cool. But there is no nitro booster afaik. Crying or Very sad . I will give 7.5/10 to carbon.
pokethamage
androjuni wrote:
its already available! its not as good as what you would expect though. i hear there's no online play, which is realy a bummer. you guys wold rather buy "bully" than this. reviews are out on gamespot and other gaming sites. low ratings too.

Dronzar21 wrote:
Downloaded game 2 hrs back and played it. Well its a nice game but to be frank i liked the nfs:mw gfx more than carbon. The slomo thing is really cool. But there is no nitro booster afaik. Crying or Very sad . I will give 7.5/10 to carbon.

You two obviously did no serious research on the game.
1) The online Pursuit modes are the most-talked-about features of Carbon
2) Nitrous is still there >_> was there since NFS Underground...

Also, some deep research will show you that IGN said it was fine (ranking=8.2).

Also to Dronzar21:
Downloaded?! Dont get warez...go buy the real thing! Gosh...
Motoracer380
ive played it a couple times on my friends ps2....but i want to buy 360 and an hd tv to play games..im big on graphics and gameplay...its gotta look good and play good...graphics make the gameplay a lot better...so does interaction with the invironment.
Zpanzer
I tried the demo for xbox 360, it was ace, i really love the way you can sculp the cars now, and that you can choose diffrent classes of cars, and the new tracks, specially where you drive down a mountain, it was quite fun and quite challeging Very Happy Also the new graphics is pwnage Very Happy I might gonna get it Very Happy
angelussum
I want this! Surprised

Always been a fan of the NFS series. Hope this one lives up to the expectations!
Jaack
I played that game.It's shit.Only graphic is cooool.Game play is from MW Rolling Eyes .
votd
Need for Speed Carbon sucks a big time.

This is just another Underground modified engine. The tracks are dull and boring. The textures are low quality, and repetetive.

Also the game looks the same as other NFSs with some minor changes (that you won't even notice).

This game sucks, also the soundtrack changed, so EA goes in fast-lane for releasing NFS (they don't want to buy a license for music, because they are too lazy and want to make money from crap like this).

Music is a bit unnatural, compared to the other NFS.

This game is pretty crappy, it's even worse than Need for Speed Underground 2.
rooparam
sgwreviews wrote:
I liked need for speed very much, but not like that anymore. I really enjoyed the Prosche unleashed edition (is was the 4th game i think).
But the newer games are not realistic. When you hit a wall at 180mph, then you won't get an hard to steer car now. If you hit a wall in the porsche edition, then you could really see the damage translated in to harder steering, bad engine perfomance and that kind of stuff.

But I do have to say that the graphics of the new Carbon edition are very good. And the storyline thing is very good to really take you in the game.

rooparam wrote:
i think u have not yet play the game "Need for Speed Most Wanted "
it is the best game on this planet and everyone should tryout it , at least for 10 minutes and then u will see the beauty in this game.
Illionaire
NFS: Carbon is very fun, but I have not noticed that much change since NFS: Most Wanted. One big improvement is the fact that you no longer have to build up bounty points (huge pain in NFS:MW). It is true that the NFS series seems to be getting less and less realistic, but they are fun. The Gran Turismo series prides itself on being realistic, but it is frustrating as heck. NFS does a good job of simulating speed...the game looks fast!

Even though you get nothing for upgrading your car visually, it is almost impossible not to - on a personal restraint sort of way. I also love the muscle cars in it. Right now I have the Dodge Charger.
Dr4goN
androjuni wrote:

Don't believe GameSpot's reviews. Dark Messiah got 6.7 but it was a hell good game. NFSC is awesome too.
yojin
Is this game better than NFS:MW? Because I really liked MW's cars, graphic and gameplay (especially being chased by police XD)!
Kyraxe
I've heard good things about it but haven't played it yet. Hope its good.
crono
didnt even finish need for speed black n white n the new version is out.. dont know when im gonna play it..
zplitstonez
good day everyone

Well i really like
need for speed,

eventhough i'm not that good
in playing this game,
But i really like it,
the rush, graphics, simulation,
customization and whole lots of
things that you can do.

Thank you
GOD bless FRIHOST COMMUNITY
Man + GOD = MAJORITY
Tiiko416
I love these games but for some reason Carbon was really quick to complete, but I guess there's always online and the reward cards to finish off.
Kitten Kong
Yeah that is what I found, Carbon is WAY shorter than every NFS game since Underground 1, but it has one thing that keeps me playing.... MUSCLE CARS I am so sick of driving those little whiney Japanese cars for 3 whole NFS games I am so glad to finally get something new! I know that the driving models are totally unrealistic but I love the huge difference between driving a 4 cylinder Jap car and a big american muscle car. True to life though, the muscle cars have lots of power, and nothing else, they can't steer for shit Very Happy I drift through every corner!

Best game

Like the past 3 NFS games, more of an expansion pack than something worthy of a full new game though.... actually, make that "like EVERY NFS game"
DeadX
I've played NFSC on my pc and I realized I need an new pc :p
But I've also noticed the completion level is going up fast, so I will not buy an new pc now, I'll wait for the next one (and some other games) wich I can't probably run anymore with my pc.

I have the impression that the graphics are not better than MW (but that can be an result of my 'slow' pc).

Carbon is surely different as MW, I have them both and I won't uninstall MW cause I like the cop cases ed (and those have more focus in MW).

I do have the impression the overall quality of the NFS games is going down every release but hey Carbon is not bad.
The_Gamer294
I've been playing need for speed since high stakes on the ps1. In my opinion need for speed underground 2 is the best one made yet, you could actually navigate through town by reading the street signs. I haven't tried carbon yet, I'm planning on downloading the demo soon to see what its like. From what I've seen it sounds pretty good.
Dakafall
I love need for speed and im defenintly getting this one! I cant wait! NFS : MW was my favorite game out of the whole series and this one will probably blow that one out of the water!
mzonas
This game has super graphic. I have done it in 3 or 4 days, cuz I liked it... but it was short...
simenstene
I Love Need For Speed! <3
tyleranddanny
i find some of the events aint realistic like the dirfting you got to have a fast car to have fun and i found a bug in the game if you save your game then take your card out or dont have a card and your only car gets impounded and you cant pay the fines thats gameover right ? well no if you press load from current alias it says its loaded when your memmory card aint in then you go to pick your car and it crashes it happened to me when i first played it last night and i wasnt in my house so i never had my memory card so it crashed and i lost 6 and a half hours of game play 11% complete and i lost it all in 1 crash the game does have bugs in it more to be found .......... Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad
bond4154
As a fan of Initial D, I was mildly pleased by the fact that there was canyon races on narrow roads, and drifting as well. However, the canyon races were much too short and infrequent. The Need for Speed series focuses too much on horsepower rather than skill; players with little skill in racing games can blast through the game quite easily with a high horsepower car (except on certain events that require more concentration). I can say that I've managed to beat the first boss, Kenji, with my beginning car and no upgrades.

Compared to Most Wanted, Carbon was much too short. Only four boss battles, not to mention a lack of race events. Also, police pursuits have been heavily downplayed; it is much more difficult to run into any police units during races, and police chases have lost a lot of its difficulty. Of course, the title "Most Wanted" explains a lot, considering that a lot of it has to do with police pursuits.

The "crew" option, although nifty, doesn't really strike me as fun, mostly because the other team doesn't have it. Or, at least, I can't tell. But I've never seen the cars draft, or have any other car aggressively crash into mine. So it butchers the game's already low difficulty.

I have to note, however, that the story around Carbon isn't all that impressive. And I'm a bit sick of EA's tendency to make the NFS franchise all hip-hop and gangster. But I supposed it can't be helped with their marketing strategy.
themarauder
Overall the game was ok it wasn't extremely great, but it wasn't bad either. i liked the narrow roads and the new interface, but besides that it was the same old NFS. Also i liked the way they changed how you can customize cars. That was wway cool
arkebuzer
mansonivan wrote:
this game coming out soon. i m big fans of this game. anyone like need for speed here?

The old games in the need for speed series were quite bad in my oppinion. But the last two are great.
The drifting in need for speed carbon is really fun =)
nigam
can't wait to have this game installed in my pc. nfs rock!
KoiboySG1
I got the pc game. A realy nice game but Most wanted is still my favorite NFS game.
Viralis
i do believe the title is Carbon not Most Wanted, please dont start getting off track, well i just bropught the game ill write my verdict as soon as i get to play it. lots of love your neighbourhood gamejunkie
Necro
i hope it's not like nfs most wanted, when i reached the 2nd place on the black list i got bored and erased it from my computer cause the races where getting repetitive (same thing with underground 2...)
SP360
Jaack wrote:
I played that game.It's shit.Only graphic is cooool.Game play is from MW Rolling Eyes .

yahh, i heard the gameplay is garbage but i heard the graphics of it is good, if you have a good video card, but i dont think the gameplay is from MW, im prett sure its a diffrent one.
matysaf
In my opinion Carbon is the same game as Most Wanted, the difference is that Carbon is go on night and Most Wanted is go on day. Graphic is one the same level, mabe a little better.
Minuses:
-no snowed tracks,
-only visual domages of your car,
-your crew drives like your shadow- his always on your back, if he's so good- why he's not the champ but some fat, funny guy?

Pluses:
-better actors,
-new challenges,
-weak barriers!
sublimedesign
i hear there is no drag racing in carbon?

im gettin git sooon i hope
Viralis
awh dont tell me that i like drag racing, that sucks. well ill still play the game cause there is nothing like blazing down the streets in a pimped out ride. and i like doing up cars
tefa_taftaf2010
Need For Speed Embarassed Its The Best Game I Played

i played underground 1 & underground 2

but most wanted i can't complete it beacause my vega card is G-Force 64

so Carbon Will be very slow and may not working on my Pc

whatever i'll wait to buy a new one then the first thing will be playing need for speed carbon Wink
angelussum
this game is a disappointment. the plot seems subpar, and a lot of the game seems to just be lifted off of underground. it's too bad.

the racing isn't too bad. having a wingman is a neat idea, though it sometimes nice, sometimes not so nice (like getting knocked over by your 'wingman' cause you took the shortcut and they didn't) gah.
amusic
need for speed carbon is very nice and fun. I prefer this one than most wanted.
peter_
I have the game: it's so cool. I like Need for speed games. I have Most wanted for my psp
Kitten Kong
This game gets a big "Meh" it doesnt offer anything real to the franchise, its like they just fiddled with it to the amount that the lawyers agreed they could market it as a sequel rather than an expansion.

I love Initial D as well and was loking forward to the canyon races, but the camera was really screwed up when you hit corners, so often i find myself driving with an almost side view of my car, wtf.

and i love how i am kicking the arse of everyone on the track my half a lap but my partner passes me with relative ease. If im supposed to be this godlike racer when my lackeys can beat anyone in the game without trying?
Dzan
Well Need for Speed Carbon is a big dissapoitment! The story is awfull, the game in generaly is very short and the graphics sucks bad! And wtf no lan multyplayer? Beside the downhill races there is nothig good in this game!
From my opinion i will give this game a 5,5/10
ForceRun
Looks like this is a love hate game, half of you guys hate it and the other half love it. If you like the newer NFS Most Wanted type of game play I would say you will like this game. As far as a general racing game the need for speed never really was anything realistic. But in general they are mostly fun. I wouldn't give a game a low or bad score just because I don't personally like that style of gameplay. I know that can hard, but I see rating a game on it's overall quilty and funness factor. Like WOW (World of Warcraft) there are a lot of reasons why I will never play it, but I have to admit it is a very good game.

As far as Need For Speed Carbon goes I played the demo, and it looks to have the same graphics as Most Wanted, however, more and divers game play. So far my friends all love it, so we will see.
guugu
played carbone trough... MW is lot better :>
SGbilder
I just loooove the need for speed!!
About the new Carbon, I don't think it's as fun as Most Wanted.. the cop chases were moro fun there...
But I love the drifting in Carbon, something I would like to see in MW. I would also like to see moer cars in MW.., the muscle cars in carbon maybe ain't the best and easiest cars to drive but it's the only one I get ether way... Twisted Evil wrooom!!