FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cyber Cafès

Zug Zug
I have a quesiton: If you were to go to a Cyber Cafè what would you want to eat or drink? My friend is starting a business, and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Meghan
monzoncf
Maybe it depends on the location of your cafe as people have so may choices. For me id like to have a coffee or a chocolate drink and a piece of cake or just a simple chip snack.
reddishblue
Well would just like coffee and a ridiculasly huge cookie Very Happy
mschnell
Is beer an acceptable answer? Maybe not, people would have too much and then you'd have a mess. I agree that coffee would be good--but it has to be decent coffee.
carlokes
Hi there,

I would love to have the kind of money to invest in a business like this. Cyber Cafés are something that an be really interesting.

Back to the topic, i think in "my" cyber café i would have a large selection of drinks (juices, milkshakes, many types of coffee, fizzy drinks) and also some snack. Howerver the snacks would be a tricky part because you don't want the costumers to get your keyboards all dirty or your mouse filled with fat...It would have to be something that kept the hands clean.

Stay cool
BuBbLe
For me i will go cyber cafe for whole day...
So i hope that he boss can see some food and drinks such as rice,noodle,coke,juices....
ainieas
I'd say a coffee in a large cup would be very nice. Most of the other things would be optional. Better have a good selection of juices and shakes too.
hack_man_
I like fizzy drinks and mars bars. I eat about 5 or 6 mars bars every time i go.
Blaster
I'd love donates coffee tea muffins baggles ice tea water and you should put in a pool table Very Happy
andryou
-
Freelance GD
Well most of the people love to drink coke or whatever and eat chips. Cigarettes will be another great idea to boost your business. But drinks and chips are very neccessary but should be spicy Smile
James007
Tell your friend it's "café", not "cafè"... Very Happy
Srs2388
hmmm pumpkin spice latte
those are very good Smile
Tvis
Coffee or tea will always work I guess. But it depends the location. In a warm country you might want to consider water and other cold drinks. Snacks will also be apreciated, bars, chips. Good luck
Dragonfly
Cold drinks and snacks will do for me. During winter, tea or coffee. It's nice to be able to refresh ourselves with such stuffs in the Cyber cafe itself. I usually don't go to Cyber cafes but I would like to have those if I go at all. Thanks.
Cal_123
Yeah, usually coffee or a cold drink is all I would have, since I'm clumsy and probably would ruin the keyboard with crumbs! Smile
meet in rio
Something that you don't actually have to touch with your bare hands!

Keyboards get absolutely filthy and I wouldn't want to be licking sugar off my fingers whilst typing at a grubby board. It's probably be better for your friend, too, because then their computers won't get all sticky and nasty.
HoboPelican
Crumbs? How about little mini vacuum cleaners for clean up? Laughing

I gotta have Diet Coke. Others Need Pepsi <shiver>. Carry both, don't give in to any restrictions by the vendors for better deals.

For me:
Diet Coke
Cold Beer
a smoking room (sorry, guys, but it would be a draw for me)
A selection of beef jerky
Jalapeno chips
Simple wrap sandwiches( good for one handed munching)
shwetanshu
some chips and cold drinx...
spanx
i live in developing country nepal
here most of the users use cyber for access to net
so this has got important value
here cyber cafes has become the part of the teen agers
so college students are most ot the cyber cafes users
ashen
I think the most important are some drinks (hot or cold, depend on condition) and some snacks.
a.Bird
Haha you guys are crazy.

Honestly, if you friend starts a cyber cafe that just sells junk food, a lot of people who eat salads, pasta, whole grains, fresh juice, sandwiches, etc are going to leave when they get hungry. Soda, chocolate, sugary stuff... you can sell all of that in a vending machine.

In my experience, cyber cafes are generally full of just about any type of person you can imagine, so I'm sure that narrowing food selection to something specific would be counter productive.

Sandwiches, soups, freshly baked sweets, juices, soda, eggs. Just keep it general (and of course healthy Wink)
seanooi
make the tables be able to hold their cups cause i think most people would like to drink while they're playing. Laughing
Bondings
Google Gulp (Beta), for all the geeks out there. However, I've been told that it's pretty hard to get.

Josso
Bondings wrote:
Google Gulp (Beta), for all the geeks out there. However, I've been told that it's pretty hard to get.

You are kidding me... Laughing

I always said that Google would start any product ever.
reddishblue
LOL (and I was actaully laughing) Probebly some renegade google webmaster did that!
LOL
Zug Zug
Thank you all for the information! He's going to make me partner! I'm so excited! Here's part of our menu:

drink menu:

Bawles
Whoop ass
Sobi
No Fear
red bull
rockstar
mountain dew
pepsi
sierra mist
dr.pepper
lemonade
Arizona teas.
Coffee-mocha, capuccino, espresso, and other coffee. Can get blended, iced or hot.
Hot Chocolate
Aquafina/dasani?

pop tarts
brownies,
cookies-chocolate chip, oreos-baggies, nutter butters-baggies, sugar
chips-doritos, fritos, cheetos, sun chips, lays,
nachos
beef jerky
assortment of suckers, and other hard candies
pocky
hello pandas (glico)
cold sandwiches
alkady
Thats a easy one, but the question really depends on where your located. For example, if your friends store located downtown for example near businesses mainly, say high-tech corporate buildings, you'd be catering to professionals and you'd probably want to cater to their genre of snacks. If you where near a University Campus, you'd cater to their taste. Which obviously varies,

but I'd suggest Coffee, not just any coffee, Fair Trade Coffee, Alot people are concious about where there coffee comes from, they want to be sure they aren't paying for coffee little kids are picking.

Then when it comes to coffee, how about flavours, plain was last year, you gotta take out the big guns, you know latte, moka, french vanilla etc. I haven't had ordinary coffee in ages, my favourites include Hazelnut and Moka.

Then how about little pastries, you cannot go without pastries, like brioches, eclairs, muffins and so on.

Go to Starbucks or your local coffee shop and study them, they are the same thing like you, a Cyber Caf. except they dont provide the PC's, only Wifi.

Obviously you should serve sandwiches and small orderves that are non oily like fries, have energy drinks and so on. Whatever pleases your clientele.
UnikeViruz
Chai Latte....French Vanilla...you know the good coffee's are attractive Wink
desertwind
Cold cofee with vanilla flavour. I love them.
mstreet
Of course the coffee but you know one thing I don't see a lot of in these places are cheap appetizers hot snack stuff, nachos, wings, they always have sandwiches and soups. I know I'm making it compicated but I like hangin out at the cafes and I never see that stuff.
Technaut
Blaster wrote:
you should put in a pool table Very Happy

why? if your in a cyber cafe, and your studying, or maybe playing counter-stirke or something, you don't want to listen to the loud crack of the balls.
Zug Zug
drink menu:

Bawles
Whoop ass
Sobi
No Fear
red bull
rockstar
mountain dew
pepsi
sierra mist
dr.pepper
lemonade
Arizona teas.
starbucks bottled mocha/other coffees
Aquafina/dasani?
Specialty Cafè-mocha-espresso-latte-cauppaccino-and other wonderful flavors. Cold and Hot drinks
Italian sodas?-????
Energy Drinks: 2.50 each
Sodas- 1.00 per bottle
Arizona Tea- 1.00 a bottle

Food Ideas:
pop tarts
brownies,
cookies-chocolate chip, oreos-baggies, nutter butters-baggies, sugar
chips-doritos, fritos, cheetos, sun chips, lays,
nachos
beef jerky
assortment of suckers, and other hard candies
pocky
hello pandas (glico)
cold sandwiches
muffins
danish
cheese cake
other specialty cakes
A special recipe of mine- rocky road fudge squares.
Asian Chicken/Chicken Club/Itallian salads will be available.

Heh....how does that sound? ^_^ have a wonderful day!!

<3

Meghan
erlendhg
Now what is actually a Cyber Cafè?
If it is a internet café, I am now just sitting on one in Australia, drinking a little bottle of Coke with an extra long straw, posting on Frihost Wink

Here in Australia, I have seen a lot of rare creatures, just to be found in Australia.

To mention some of them; kangaroos (and wallabies), echidnas, wombats, and koalas.

Cool, or what?

...yeah Wink
Alias
We have so many cyber cafè here in our country most of them have different special coffee and food. I would suggest that you must experiment some kind of special coffee or food that would make people come back to your friend cyber cafè. But for me chocolate coffee and cookies is enough. Smile
TeenZine
I just like a slice of good pizza and some fountain soda *not can or bottled*

hope this helps Smile

GOod luck ~

(edit) I think you should have a keyloger program since If im getting around blocks spamming a site I do it at an internet cafe {/edit}
pashmina
a cold drink
i can;t eat other oily food..
i eat chips and other light foods with cold drink.
that's all
cats4fun
You should probobly have a kids menu of some sort. Like have milkshakes and sandwiches.
reddishblue
erlendhg wrote:
To mention some of them; kangaroos (and wallabies), echidnas, wombats, and koalas.

Cool, or what?

Eh... starts to be a bit indifferent after your thousandth trip to the zoo...
TeenZine
cats4fun wrote:
You should probobly have a kids menu of some sort. Like have milkshakes and sandwiches.
It's not a restrunt. Even though if he offered daycare in a back room it mite be nice for people to get some work done without having there kids bother them.
jongoldsz
Zug Zug wrote:
I have a quesiton: If you were to go to a Cyber Cafè what would you want to eat or drink? My friend is starting a business, and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Meghan

Probably Coffee, or something hot, for the morning and something light for dinner, like bread and cheese. XD,.
John6000
======================================