FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My site!

FaLLeN
Just wanted some other people opinions on my clan site.
Here is the link http://unkclan.frih.net/
Its not a bad try IMO, its my first one, so lets get the pointers coming!
glabase
Cool site - i'd maybe change the typeface and possibly the font colour though. Cool

Good job none, nonetheless. Very Happy
XtRm
Good start but need a lot of work Wink . For now try to change the menu buttons. For example make them smaller and smoother. Also change the font main font. I reccomend doing it by including a .css file. For example decrease the font size, change the collor and don't make the text bold Wink . Also you may include a category with videos or something.

A good idea is to make a form for apps to join the clan. Thisway is easyer to make an ap and will not equire forum registration. Also it will add more profesional look to the site.

Good luck with it Wink .
rayx
Hmm.. the banner is good but choosing a font and color is not good.
SamiTheBerber
Your site looks nice. The banner is well-made. There is a bit lack of information, just three page and forum. If I go to clan-site, i want to see results etc. Add more site about subject.

You need to correct some coding errors too. Add doctype and alt-tributes to images. Also update some coding to newer, for example JavaScript marking etc. You should use lowcase filename not like you have Member.html.
salman_500
i like the banner.... but the rest still has a long way to go .....

and please change the font color and size of your text.... looks......err......horrible ! .... like y did u choose blue??? Confused
Motoracer380
i like the abandon font on the links
FaLLeN
Yeah, i hear what your all saying bout font colour, size, type etc, i just didnt know what to put basically.

It is just me making this and everyone else in the clan doesn't seem to know how to do anything, so i rarely get input from them.
What Font and size/colour would u guys suggest?

And about videos...what videos would you suggest? Thats another thing i'm stuck on, i want to add more, i just can't think of anything to add Confused
And about making the form for applicants instead of going to forum, id rather them go to the forum anyway, that way they kind of HAVE to register and then hopefully will check the forums often if they are accepted.(Some members are a bit lazy when it comes forum checking *sigh*)

Thanks for all the comments so far, good to have opinions from people that can give me soloutions to their problems Very Happy

FaLLeN
legion
salman_500 wrote:
i like the banner.... but the rest still has a long way to go .....

right ... you should do something with those background and text colors
mjohnson
Very cool site,do you like playing the CS game?
JayBee
blue blue blue, everyone needs blue
try another font color

except that, good work Wink
Technaut
lose the blue text. other than that, nice work, man.
FaLLeN
Thanks, But i dunno what colour Crying or Very sad
What would you guys suggest i use, mabyre red? Shocked
But anyway, a suggestion of colours would be nice, then ill try em out and see how they look Smile

Btw i looked into to doing the videos of us playing and it wont work out, on all lowest settings, a 3 second vid was 20MB, and with about 10 members wanting me to put videos on for them, it simply wont work.(I wanted them to be atleast 1 min each)

So basically i just wont have enough space to host them all. Crying or Very sad Embarassed
But it's not completly out of the question, we are looking into other recorders that will save smaller files(obviously less quality though Crying or Very sad )
And @Mjohnson, if you are talking about counter strike...i dont play that, this clan is for call of duty united offensive.
Very Happy

FaLLeN
{name here}
Use white text with Arial font aligned left. That is what you really need. If you use an obnoxious color with times new roman the design will look like some 12 year old ran away with a good template.
XtRm
About the videos u can record them if u have enought space on the HDD. Then convert them to a 400x200 video with a lot of quality loss. Ad a flash player simillar to this on youtube.com for example and host them. I think you will have enough space for that Wink .
Technaut
the main problem is converting them. most converting software costs a bundle. and if his site becomes popular, then his bandwidth will be eaten up quite fast.
XtRm
Than mayeby he can upload them to youtube and link the videos into his clan's site Wink .
JayBee
FaLLeN wrote:
Thanks, But i dunno what colour Crying or Very sad
What would you guys suggest i use, mabyre red? Shocked

there is not only red, blue, green, yellow, white, black....
try midtones Wink

try this web
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
or new version
http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme/index-en.html
it is pretty good color scheme generator
Rawr
It's alright, but it doesn't have enough content. It says nothing about the clan or anything like that. Also, it took forever to load.
FaLLeN
Rawr wrote:
It's alright, but it doesn't have enough content. It says nothing about the clan or anything like that. Also, it took forever to load.

Yeah does that sometimes...Even after me loading the page so many times every know and then it just takes MINUTES to load Embarassed
And thanks Name Here, ill try that out now Smile
Alankurd
very nice site for a first timer i can tell u my first site was alot more ugly than urs.

i think you should change the content background to only 1 color instead o 2