You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Movie in IE 7 Problem

Does anyone know why a Flash menu that appeared fine in IE 6 and works fine in Firefox when firefox actually displays it, is wonky in IE 7? For some reason, it's not aligned properly until you rollover a menu choice, at which point it moves into place as the new choices appear. It doesnt move when using flash player to view it, and nothing actually moves in the flash file.

My tables are set to the right size for everything, so there should be no room for any movement.

See what I mean at
I apologize for the bump, but I discovered the problem.

IE 7 doesn't seem to want to install Flash Player 9 through ActiveX on Adobe's page; It installs version 7. Since I compiled my menu for Flash Player 8, there were problems. I re-compiled it for Flash Player6r65 and now it works just dandily.. Oddly enough, even when using a stand-alone Flash Player installer to install Player 9 on IE 7, my menu would still not play right unless it was compiled for Player 6r65. That's fine though. The menu doesn't do anything that needs a super up-to-date player.

I still have a problem with Firefox not loading the menu, (actually Netscape 8.1 using the Firefox rendering engine). Player 9 is installed for it too. Don't know why it doesn't work, but I will worry about that later.

Just some info for anyone with the same problem I had.
Don't use IE 7! It's pure evil.. Firefox 2.0 is the way to go
nhlarry wrote:
Don't use IE 7! It's pure evil.. Firefox 2.0 is the way to go

even if he doesn't use IE7 personally its still good to check for compatibility when designing a website. currently my website is compatilbe with all current windows browsers and safari on mac. i haven't got to test it on anything else tho.
Excellent point, mothmann. And I do use IE 7. And Netscape 8. I don't really like Firefox. Maybe I will give it a try in a couple of years again. But even though I don't like it, I still make sure my page is viewable in it.
You can use firefox for development as it doesnt have alot of the display problems that IE has, and you can get an IE display engine that will show how the page will look in IE and firefox has generally much bette features anyway.