FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Hey can you make a website here.





MicahsFriends
Is this web hosting for websties or jsut forums
xorcist
Its for webhosting for websites and forums you get your webhosting and you can do what you want thats legal you can put a forum on your website or whatever you want.
Traveller
It's not just for forum sites, but just about anything, as long as is isn't illegal and doesn't, otherwise, violate the Terms of Service. You could even do an online store, if you like, although that type of thing is usually better on a paid host, since we don't allow the use of paid software on our servers. Otherwise, just about anything goes - just be sure to read the Terms of Service, FAQ, and Forum Rules completely and, if you have any questions about whether something would be allowed or not, feel free to ask us.
MicahsFriends
Hey Thanks you just kept a user. What is illegal. Unlike Spamming and Viruses.
Animal
MicahsFriends wrote:
What is illegal.

Illegal as in things contravening laws - this includes things like music or video files without the permission of the copyright holder, warez, serial numbers and so on. However, we also prohibit the use of other content such as pornography, content related to hacking, proxy sites and others. Please read the TOS carefully to be sure that you don't inadvertently get banned and lose your hosting account.
brandonberg
Traveller wrote:
since we don't allow the use of paid software on our servers.


this includes all types of paid forum software such as IPB and vB as well as other payed website/forum packages am i right?

what about if you were to put a script or module on your site which may only be like a plugin but you have to pay for it? an example of what im talking about can be something from ServerSpy. These are game server monitors etc. for a website, some which require to be bought for use on a clan website etc. Is this not alowd aswell?
Animal
brandonberg wrote:
Traveller wrote:
since we don't allow the use of paid software on our servers.


this includes all types of paid forum software such as IPB and vB as well as other payed website/forum packages am i right?

Yes, you're right.

brandonberg wrote:
what about if you were to put a script or module on your site which may only be like a plugin but you have to pay for it? an example of what im talking about can be something from ServerSpy. These are game server monitors etc. for a website, some which require to be bought for use on a clan website etc. Is this not alowd aswell?

In theory, you may be allowed to use this on the server, but you would need to prove to Bondings that you actually paid for the script - we would need receipts etc. However, if the script is processor-intensive or caused a high load on the server, we would remove it. I wouldn't recommend using it here, but if you want to (and you've paid for it yourself), please contact Bondings directly by PM and discuss it with him.
brandonberg
ok thanks for that...

im only confused with one thing..

Animal wrote:

but you would need to prove to Bondings that you actually paid for the script


you say we need to prove that we actually 'bought' the script in order to possibly use it, despite the fact that most of the paid software isnt allowed to be used. So basically it sounds like were proving that we cant use the script because its bought. if we should be proving anything shouldnt it be that we didnt buy it? lol

im in a muddle here, however i think i understand what u mean.

BTW im using a teamspeak script on my webpage, which is free, therefore im able to use. and as for processor hungry.. all it does it query a servers online status and display it as 'online' or 'offline' and displays the names of members in it. and its not continuous, (i.e. does it only once and doesnt refresh every second) so im cool with this one.. Very Happy
Related topics
Website Dont Work?
Website Templates
How To : Secure Your PHP Website
Help with Website
Hey
Hey everyone! Come see how good i look!
Graphics Website (graphics dream)
Hey
BEST WEBSITE EVER!!!!!
Hey hey hey its fat al.... no wait its just Oisin!
Halo 2 Formbuddy And my Website design company
hey all
hey!!
Carl's Start-to-Finish Professional Website Tutorial
my first website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.