FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

have you ever dated someone with the same name?

bongoman
Ok well here's an odd question: Have you ever dated someone with a similar name as yours (i.e an Alexander and Alexandra) or something like that?
carlospro7
hmmm, thats an interesting question, and my answer is no. I think that would be kind of awkward
Traveller
Well, as far as the first name goes: No - I don't date members of my same gender.

As far as the last name goes: No - I'm not from Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia or Georgia, so I don't date members of my immediate family.
bongoman
I think my question was misunderstood, by same name I mean to say someone with the same first name. not the same last name (unless its some coincidence) and its not necessarily the same gender.
Traveller
bongoman wrote:
I think my question was misunderstood...

I think the concept of a joke has been misunderstood. LOL!
Lollirot
No...No I think I might worry if a male was named Naomi, too. Heh.
Blaster
I don't get many people named JJ or James... Jamie maybe but i never dated someone named Jamie. My friend Jordon dated a person named Jordon at one time. That was kind of freaky.
duddits
Yes!! I had a girfriend, her name is Ivanna.. My name is Ivan.. she is from Rusia... but few months ago she came to Rusia... so I miss her now!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Evil or Very Mad
Subsonic Sound
bongoman wrote:
Ok well here's an odd question: Have you ever dated someone with a similar name as yours (i.e an Alexander and Alexandra) or something like that?

My name IS Alex, as it happens. Alexander, that is. I don't know any girls called Alexandria, so the situation's never come up. I guess if I did, we'd have to come up with some kind of nickname for at least one of us. Take to being called Lex instead of Alex, or something like that. I'd have to be very serious about the girl though!
supjapscrapper
Traveller wrote:
Well, as far as the first name goes: No - I don't date members of my same gender.

As far as the last name goes: No - I'm not from Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia or Georgia, so I don't date members of my immediate family.

lol Very Happy

No seriously, it would really feel weird if the waiter and told you that jean had to pay the 15 euros of the drinks you took... which jean? Very Happy

no, it never happened to me but It wouldn't scare me at all!
moreover my name is very very rare, as much as the feminine equivalent of it, so the chance of meeting a person with the same name is just scarce Very Happy
Wahwah Man
my name's alex so i guess that could happen sometime. it would be insanely weird though. especially when people ask you what your wifes name would be. immense confusion everywhere.

i expect i would avoid it but whatever happens happens. its not their fault that they have my name
shrinkwrap
Haha, I haven't, but I've only dated one person. XD

But there are lots of Sara's in the world so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up dating one.
velcrobandits
we're both russian and in our native language our names are almost exactly the same. the nickname for it in russian is identical. but we dont call each other by our names, russian nor english. thats actually a big problem for us. everyone in my world calls me by my last name or nick names. she knows me through these people, but she refuses toc all me by either my first or last name. its just wierd. we stick to cute nicknames. or insults.
xkobram
Traveller wrote:
bongoman wrote:
I think my question was misunderstood...

I think the concept of a joke has been misunderstood. LOL!

That wanst funny...
Becky
No, i doubt that any guys will be called 'becky' Laughing
But me and my best friend both have boyfriends with exactly the same name Cool