FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB errors when people sign up

goblinish
Any ideas why this message has started appearing on the screen when people sign up to my forum?

Quote:
Could not insert data into groups table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', 1, 0)

Line : 637
File : usercp_register.php
Bondings
In your config.php file, change "mysql4" to "mysql". Also using the mysql repair command on the table in question may help.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=259967
goblinish
Humm. Ive changed the config.php file, and also tried running the repair script, but the error still has not gone away.. Confused
goblinish
My error has now changed to this..

Quote:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_groups (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', 1, 0)

Bondings
goblinish wrote:
My error has now changed to this..

Quote:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

Could it be that something went wrong in the database? Did you lately upload a backup sql thing or changed something in phpMyAdmin? It could be that some settings are gone/missing.

Could you maybe go to phpMyAdmin (use username/password of the phpbb database) and go to the phpbb_groups table and check if group_id is set to auto_increment? That could be the problem.
goblinish
Bondings wrote:

Could it be that something went wrong in the database? Did you lately upload a backup sql thing or changed something in phpMyAdmin? It could be that some settings are gone/missing.

Could you maybe go to phpMyAdmin (use username/password of the phpbb database) and go to the phpbb_groups table and check if group_id is set to auto_increment? That could be the problem.

Thanks for your help and suggestions, but nope, I havent had to upload any backups since joining frihost cos theres never been any problem which has required them Smile (tho i still backup often just incase). Ive looked for the auto increment thing too, but that didnt fix it..

All is not lost tho! Due to this problem, and me fancying a new look for my site, ive begun the process of converting my community from phpBB to SMF, and after a little trial install i have to say ive fallin in love with it. Also, after database conversion, there are no such errors when testing it out in the new smf forum so thats delt with that problem lol. Just gotta make a few `home sweet home` touches and my new forum should be up soon. Feel free to drop by and take a look in a couple of days. Very Happy