FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Think this would be of use?

nothingXelse
Well since I have a background in c++ and I'm fluent with it I'm going to write a program based on something I'm going through right now. Basically its an option randomizer. Basically just an engine that randomizes what you put in. So you can set your options to 3 and have it set like:

Topic: What to do first?
Option1: Computer
Option2: Homework
Option3: Go outside

Basically when you in a delema where you don't know what to do it just randomizes your options and chooses one for you.

It's a basic program, but you think people would actually use it, would YOU use it?
bigdan
Probably not. My life isn't that random Razz
romaop
The idea is not that bad, but I prefer to decide without using the PC.
I see a better application for games. Let's say you want to choose 7 numbers from a list of 48 and you haven't been lucky till now. Perhaps the PC can give you a better hint, based on statystics. Or maybe not.
defnet
If you wanna do random stuff, figure out a way to generate random numbers with the computer that cannot be predicted. Up to now, all randomly generated number can be predicted if studied indepth because they are based on certain known factor and then just apply algrebraic functions to em.

Base your randomizer on certain factors that can never be predicted. Like system temperature (for pc's that support that), user input (mouse) and information picked up from the web.
Studio Madcrow
Well it would be an interesting learning experience, but I don't think that anybody in the world other than you would use it... Still, you never know. Write it and see what people think.
ocalhoun
That would be an extremely easy program to make.
For you true randomness nuts, try this site: http://www.random.org/nform.html
They generate random numbers based on atmospheric noise.