FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Email Problems with Squirrelmail

Drayk
Alright, so I get my site, and start working on getting a composer (from mozilla) to make and upload the site. I know next to nothing about all website related stuff, and I'm working on becoming site-literate. I decided to get my email for the site running first, because I wanted that to be online as soon as possible. I saw a thing on the control panel thing called squirrelmail just after I logged in to my site and I messed around with that for a while, figuring it was used instead of a POP3 (i think) email getter. I succeeded in sending messages to my hotmail email (which I am used to, lol), but I can't get a message through from my hotmail to my site email. I tried sending it to drayk@runeadviser.frih.net , and got nothing but a "send message failed" from microsoft. Now i figued it may have something to do with email cache (I figure that's where the emails are stored), so I set it to default username (the third one of the three) which looked right, but hasn't done anything yet (the top one which it was set on to start with said that it would genereate a message failed thing, which I thought my hotmail was getting). Now I know it will probably be a pain to deal with a website newbie like me, who will blindly follow instructions, but any help would be Greatly appreciated.

So:

Hotmail to drayk@runeadviser.frih.net FAILED
drayk@runeadviser.frih.net to Hotmail SUCEEDED

Thanks in advance.
Bondings
Maybe try to create another account. There are sometimes problems with the default/main email account.
Drayk
No luck, even with 2 new email account things. I figure it has something to do with the emails on my site being unable to recieve emails from perhaps only hotmail accounts (got to check that). Sending works, and the other email (the hotmail) sends are recieves fine. I'll look into this some more, but I still really need help. Anyone have any ideas?