FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

QUAKE III Arena

funnyerror
I love Quake 3 Areana! It doesn't take a whole lot of computing power, and it's a great FPS to play online or with friends. F4a is a mod that allows you to play freeze-tag on Quake III Arena. That is my favorite way to play quake.
Get Quake, join a f4a server, and join the sensation.

-JC
Saryon
I got to know Quake III at university. I knew it before, but never really played it.

Since our school is in a network, we managed to disable their firewall, and have been playing Quake ever since then, when we were bored and stuff. And indeed, it's a fun game. Like almost every computer can run it, and it's a real good laugh to play it together with some friends!
Commando_Sondre
Its very satisfying when you kill humiliate someone or just rail them. Mostly, I suck with all other guns then railgun, I pwn my friends with it Twisted Evil And they hate when I'm doing it...
TonkPilz
Quake ]I[ Arena is my favorite game even to i don't play it much any more
but when i play i stay at patch 1.11-1.13 basically coz the game changed to much after that

i usely played frezz tag Very Happy
or 1v1 rail Whit's was my cup of jolt beast winning streak was 86 win in a row
against **DD** and the MC-Clan i remember the last few rounds my heart whan beating hard , my hands wear shaking and i got cold sweat's. basically coz of the MC-clan thy whar damn good especially *MC*kanipox
Fenroy
The greatest server ever is Tenacious D Time. I like the fact that you can shoot people through walls and floors. The homing rockets are obnoxious because people use them when they suck with railguns, but they're fairly easy to get away from. Also, playing in a game with all gauntlets is awesome because it takes a lot more skill to kill someone in close combat then it is to shoot them with a railgun (instant travel). By the way, if anyone ever joins Tenacious D Time and sees someone named either ^Zeus or ^God or ^Jesus, it's me. And I will destroy you all. Twisted Evil
Assiez
Quake is amazing. A lot of kids at my school have the demo on their servers and we would play whenever we have a chance. It is so much more entertaining to play with friends then against bots. Personally I'm quite fond of the map with the giant mouth. 1v1 duels are perfect there.

Weapons wise I will have to go for the following
rockets - power
rail gun - speed
gauntlet - just for the humiliation
lightning gun - the sweet looking shots
mattchun
The requires a high standard of your hardware, i can't afford it.
However, I did play it in my friends computer, and it's amazing!
snowboardude
Quake 3 Arena was an awesome game. But... Team Arena is out (well worht getting btw), and Quake 4 is out (best game ever). Get quake 4. THere are no bots, but thats okay. Besides, the weapons are much better in Quake 4! They brought the nailgun back, and the machinegun can now actually be used to kill people!
TonkPilz
snowboardude wrote:
Quake 3 Arena was an awesome game. But... Team Arena is out (well worht getting btw), and Quake 4 is out (best game ever). Get quake 4. THere are no bots, but thats okay. Besides, the weapons are much better in Quake 4! They brought the nailgun back, and the machinegun can now actually be used to kill people!

i got Team Arena as soon as it got out and it was fun for a few days but i pretty soon fell back to q3a TA just got to messy.

and as for Q4 its a good game but i cant see it as a quake game the feeling just i sent there probably coz id had almost noting to do whit it
mzonas
You reminded me old times when I played Q2A. It is similar game to Unreal Tournament, and when I played thourgh internet, I felt unstoppable, cuz we with friend allways were winners on 2vs2.
achowles
Ahh Quake III. I loved that game! In many ways it still rivals the likes of UT2K4. Personally I prefer the weapons to the almost entirely energy based arsenal of Unreal.

Quake Wars is looking to be very good.
pashmina
quake III i find this game very scary. i was playing this game at around 11pm till the midnight with almost full volume, it gave me quite many frights. got scared, but i liked the game play. if i had to rate this game i would give around 3.5/5...only thats enough
agustin
I hate that game!!! I gave it to my brother and he hate it too! that game sucks!!!
INeedHelp
Quake games are always fun. I never really got into Quake 3, but my girlfriend just bought Quake 4 for me, and I have really been enjoying that. I haven't gotten to try it out online yet, but I am sure it will be similar. Perhaps I will have to purchase Quake 3 and get my friends to play it with me...