You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Overworked and underpaid...

Hey everybody--

It's Sunday today. Whopee! Well, I still have a mountain of homework to chisel away at. I was up 'til 6AM this morning working on two papers. Now I still have to study for math, do several assignments, and do some reading.

Can we say overworked and underpaid? Oh, well. I guess that's the nature of college.

If anyone else feels like complaining, feel free.

You get paid to go to college? What university is this, and where can I sign up?!?
Torture now... reward later.
Chances are, you'll earn more money with more degrees. Besides, at least you'll end up feeling smarter after college. Well, unless you're drank your way through it.
Though, I think many people actually like college. I like it too, most of the times NOT right before an exam though (like now).
It might be a lot of job, however think of how life can be dull when you just do nothing... When some years later, you look back at a period of your life and say "Boy, I just wasted my life." That's kinda sad, don't you think? Wink
Having something to do is always a better things at least you know you learn something in the process...

Some students will only have 3 to 5 assignments in a single semester, which most of them can be finished within one week...and after they graduate, they actually learned nothing Crying or Very sad
Game Fortress
I am personally of the opinon that if anyone IS feeling well paid and satisfied with their job, they are lying. (yeah, yeah. I am a cynic, I know. It just seems like WORKING was doomed to be unpleasant because of the obligations that are tied to it. I guess it is the RESPONSIBILITY that is the true drag, not the work itself.)
well, let me say to you one thing try living in Croatia, I have almost 50% lager wage then average Croatian wage and in spite this I can’t afford to live alone i.e. I am still leaving with my parents lie most of young Croatians and I am almost 28. Picture that.
Hello Everyone...

I just thought I would let you know that the "week that will live in infamy" has finally died, and not a moment too soon.

I had my speech today on the Patriot Act, which went I fine (I hope). When I took my Calc II exam, however, it went horribly. I knew this would be bad, because we just flew through the concepts in class. Oh, well. I guess that's just the nature of college...some days you're the pigeon, other days you're the statue.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry. Thank goodness for the three day weekend!

Hahaha... I think everyone complains about this... me too I guess... I do work for almost 9 to 10 hours a day to the point the it altered my lifestyle and my personal life. I guess the work is too much for me to handle and still my salary is the same. Sigh!
Are you a college student? Man, I've forgotton what non-academic work is actually like. Thanksgiving break should do me wonders!!

Happy Thanksgiving in advance!

haha.. that`s just the beginning, start getting used to it!

I am joking, I worked the hardest my college years but once it was finished, I got a good job, well paid and I can afford to live by myself and to have enough free time to do activities I always wanted to do, but I never had the time for. Struggle now to live better later.
its difficult to work so hard and not be paid but after the hard work comes the good job and then the great salary. i guess its worth it. the only pain is when you do not end up with a good and fulfilling job. but hey you sacrifice and then you gain more which is more that some people can ask for. some work hard at jobs they are not qualified at and it makes it the more difficult because they cannot upgrade to get better jobs so i can say all the hard work has paid off.
I am soooooo glad I am done with college Smile

I remember the days I had to stay up studying and writing papers
soljarag wrote:
I am soooooo glad I am done with college Smile

I remember the days I had to stay up studying and writing papers

University was the best days of my life...I loved every minute of it... yeh exams were stressful, writing papers was a lot of work, but i'd love to go back.... I graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science in 2002, and would have gone on to do Honours and PhD but my missus got pregnant with our eldest son and i needed to get a job, but man they were the days compared to working....
I really need to start my own college. That way, people would pay me for the privilege of going to work. I have never worked harder on anything in my life as the things I did in college. I paid dearly for that education, and I didn’t even find a job after graduation. Now, I think I should be a professor. I could spend all day bossing people around, have no understanding of the course material, and every time anyone asked me a question, I could say “look it up online.”