FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Earning an online degree

gr3cko4
I am considering taking an online degree in psychology.

Can anyone recommend a good online college or university for this course?
funnyerror
Be careful when earning an online degree. Plenty of scams are out there waiting for you. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is. Don't go for the "earn a degree in 30 days" or any other 'get a degree quick' scams. Also make sure that the university is properly accredited. If a college is accredited, that doesn't mean it's legit, or that employers will accept your degrees from them. With that having been said, you should also verify the verifinity of the accreditor.
Good Luck!

-JC
Traveller
funnyerror wrote:
Be careful when earning an online degree. Plenty of scams are out there waiting for you.

Indeed. Many "online degrees" are not "worth the paper upon which they are printed."

Double and triple-check the school's accreditation, especially if you plan to use that school's degree as the basis for entering a different (perhaps more-established) school for a more-advanced degree. Sometimes, the online (or other alternative) degrees simply are not accepted as valid or sufficient by employers and higher schools.
Liu
I think the original poster is some sort of spam bot. Posted under same username in another forum I frequent.
funnyerror
It's unlikely that he is a spam bot, seeing that he only has 3 points...

-JC
Liu
you dont have to post a lot to be a spam bot.

quote his post, you can see he even has an advertisement link.
godam64
not only the name of the univesrity but also the address or domain for online degree registration is totally 100% real not from site with .tk domain .cjb.net or non .edu site. just beware before decide. think t over and over again before register. Shocked
Duncan Idaho
Liu wrote:
you dont have to post a lot to be a spam bot.

quote his post, you can see he even has an advertisement link.

I think your right. If you click his "WWW" icon, it goes to a college degree blog.
sketteksalfa
I do think the same that online degrees are not that reliable when printed on your resume. There would be lot of questions of how you acquire such degree and what kind of curriculum taken. It will not impress me at all if i would be the employer.
Acuity
I personally do not just see why you dont do your degree "OFFline" you can study part-time and at the same leisurely pace, you just have the security of knowing your dealing with real, attended and verified institutions.
marcmgeronimo
I think it is always best to get an education degree through an institution by actual learning in the classroom or by practice. Although, online degrees nowadays are practically accepted by many institutions it is still a case to case basis. For one, I am considering to enroll myself to an online masters degree in my current university, it is a management course so i think it is it is more acceptable to learn online for this course than learning psychology courses. this is just my opinion. But nothing beats the interaction of people learning together in a classroom other than the virtual means.