FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Techno / Electronic

Mosquito.Tyler
Okay, so I'm a big fan of techno. Recently I've come across some great stuff, some of my favorites being from Kid Kaboom, DJ Samurai, and for the humor aspect, Kraftwerk. I've recently discovered Daft Punk, and I think their stuff is pretty good too.

I'm curious which Techno groups you like, and what you would recommend to a techno NÜB.
westhighdrumline
if you like that type of music, I know a person who is not very well known, but is getting started. He goes by the name Element 3 and has a myspace at http://www.myspace.com/finalelement3 and a xanga at http://www.xanga.com/DJ_Element3.

please comment on his songs if you can! thank you!
djlutzker
Recetly, daft punk performed here last saturday, it was incredible!
Antek88
i love techno! i like tune up and rocco
Ducksteina
70 % of my music database is Metal or Rock but I do like some Techno bands.

- The Prodigy: Great! Nearly makes you want to headbang Wink
- Daft Punk: Also great...

besides that, I don't like Techno really...
cheh
wow, you people are talking about all sorts of electronical dance music (EDM), but none of it is techno! Very Happy (ok, never heard of Kid Kaboom, DJ Samurai and of course Element, so i may be doing them injustice).
you see, EDM is such a broad term, it includes a variety of genres with techno, trance, hardcore, house being most popular.

I'm a HUGE EDM fan myself, my favourite genres are trance, hardcore and most of all hardstyle - a kind of a fusion of trance and hardcore.

but since your question refers to techno, let me just quickly give you some pointers, such as:
Carl Cox - the godfather of techno
Jeff Mills
Umek
Sven Väth
Richie Hawtin
and so many more

oh man, i could go on and on with all possible EDM genres but for the sake of anyone even wanting to read such a long post i'll stop here Embarassed Very Happy
but if you have any questions about any genre of the music, please do not hesitate to ask!
djcaution
I'm a techno DJ. I just got booked to be flown down to Toronto in may to DJ at 2 parties in one weekend for may long weekend!! Very exciting as that'll be my first out of city experience. Check out my site http://caution.frih.net and download some of my music! I spin Hard Trance I'm sure you'll love it.
legion
i like a romanian techno band called "Suie Paparude" ... they have some awesome tracks ... www.suiepaparude.ro

try them
Jurado
I prefer Trance and Harddance, Dunno if you can call that Techno music. I suggest Miss Kitten and Tiga, In Belgium we have 2 famous brothers. named Soulwax, I've seen them live at Rock Werchter, and they were great.
jharsika
Kyle Birt (check him out on newgrounds he may be pryoguy something or just contact me for his stuff...Smile )
Benny Bennassi
Daft Punk
Muse - kind of techno-y
Basement Jaxx - techno-y vibe
Rammstein! rave-y /vibe-y
Infected Mushrooms

I <3 techno...it's so bassy and ambiatic and you can just shake your butt to it or daze out. Probably good on drugs too. And while driving. It also makes me fall asleep....I'm a freak Razz
cheh
djcaution wrote:
I'm a techno DJ. I just got booked to be flown down to Toronto in may to DJ at 2 parties in one weekend for may long weekend!! Very exciting as that'll be my first out of city experience. Check out my site http://caution.frih.net and download some of my music! I spin Hard Trance I'm sure you'll love it.

wahh, sorry for the belayed answer, i'm at uni during the week and i can access internet only at home on weekends.
so hardtrance you say? damn, that's pretty much as good as it gets! i'll surely check out some of your mixes!
so tell me, what are your favourite producers? what do you think about NRG trance is this the top class or what?! Razz Very Happy Very Happy Cool