FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

no sound

simophin
i can't make Cakewalk work! I tried to play MIDI files but there was no sound. I checked the volume and found the SW Synth was not mute yet. I don't know how to do. My OS is Win 2000.
Teddy1
Possibly don't have the codec installed ?, just search for Cole2k Media Codec Pack in google this should solve your problem. Smile if not then i'm not sure what it could be. I hope i was of help to you. Smile
askchris
try saving the .mid file and playing it in media player, if it plays it would mean that cakewalk is set up maybe to play to a different output like a midi keyboard as opposed to the internal sound system.
simophin
no. i does no use

should i install the sound driver?
Teddy1
Yes try installing the sound driver if it wasn't the codec.... That may rectify your problem if not then i would say your soundcard is faulty.
flameboy1974
Do you have any sound at all from anything? (including windows startup). If so then your sound card is fine. Check the default recording and playback devices in windows and also in cakewalk.
simophin
thank you everyone.

the problem has been solved after i installed Windows XP. i think that the problem must be the sound driver.
andy26
Yea it would of been the sound driver. glad you got it working mate