FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Javascript problems in Firefox 2? [box.net]

sush
Hi,

I have an account on Box.net. It's an online storage site that has a cool AJAX interface. Basically for several operations like logging in and doing things to files, modal windows open up in the page (JS).

This worked fine with Firefox 1.5, 2.0RC1, 2.0RC2 and all versions of Internet Explorer above 5.5; but fails with Firefox 2. The page gets grayed out (like it usually did to let the modal windows get some limelight) but the modal windows never show.

The website is at http://www.box.net and a nice way to see what I mean by "modal window" is to click on the login link. Not in Firefox 2, of course Cool

Suggestions?

Peace,
Sushant
djclue917
I'm actually having problems replying to posts/posting here in the forums. I'm also using Firefox 2.0 (in Linux). I haven't tried Firefox 2.0 in Windows though.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is in Firefox 2.0 only because I haven't been here for a while and maybe the problem is with the JavaScript used in the forums. I see a lot of JavaScript-related errors when I view Firefox's Error Console. Also, I'm currently using Konqueror to reply to your post.

P.S.: I'm sorry if this post does not concern Box.net but at least it concerns Firefox 2.0. Wink
djclue917
sush wrote:
Hi,

I have an account on Box.net. It's an online storage site that has a cool AJAX interface. Basically for several operations like logging in and doing things to files, modal windows open up in the page (JS).

This worked fine with Firefox 1.5, 2.0RC1, 2.0RC2 and all versions of Internet Explorer above 5.5; but fails with Firefox 2. The page gets grayed out (like it usually did to let the modal windows get some limelight) but the modal windows never show.

The website is at http://www.box.net and a nice way to see what I mean by "modal window" is to click on the login link. Not in Firefox 2, of course Cool

Suggestions?

Peace,
Sushant

By the way, I think you should report Box.net as a broken website by using Firefox's "Report Broken Website" utility. I've already reported the Frihost forums as a "broken website".
NEurodrOne
Pity, the browser with more than a million downloads within its inaug week, more than 10k extensions till date, and n-ary discrete features, still has some unsolved generalized dependency issues. Unlike Opera 8 it doesnt have a thorough one-time assembly solution but it still provides singular customization ability w.r.t. the user in concern.

The above mentioned problem can be worked out in following way.This extension allows you to login the site without any further discrepancies.

Link: http://box.net/addons/firefox/boxtb-0.1.xpi

Install it. When your browser gets restarted goto Tools>Add-ons. Select the box.net add-on and press the option button. Fill in the details, and gleefully dive in to the pool of dedicated storage realm. But before you do, dont forget to thank the LöЯD.. Razz
umeshtangnu
sush wrote:
Hi,

Suggestions?

Peace,
Sushant

well i dont know why you encounter these problems i have been using firefox since 1.5 and it has been working fine .it may be u have some problem in your settings
orno
i signed up at box.net just to check if i encounter the same kinda problems and it works fine here.....

can upload files and do whatever a free user can do (i guess)... im guessing one of your extensions is causing a conflict of some sort....try create a new blank firefox profile and see if that works fine with the website.

dont go about bashing firefox without investigating the problem thoroughly
desertwind
Even I dont have any problems with box.net in Fx2. Is the problem due to any particular extension ? What all extensions have you installed in your browser ?
dude_xyx
I havent encountered any problem with firefox so far also 2.0 seems lot faster than 1.x .