FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ip address

jon9314
is there a ip address i can type in instead of cowans.frih.net?
Bondings
We rather don't like it if people use the ip address instead of their (sub)domain due to various reasons. If you really need it, the main ip address is 216.32.85.170 (server 2).
brandonberg
is there anyway to use that IP address to access our sites? (providing they are on server 2 of course)
Daniel15
brandonberg wrote:
is there anyway to use that IP address to access our sites? (providing they are on server 2 of course)

You may access your site via http://216.32.85.170/~[DirectAdmin username]. For example, if your username is 'admin', you'd go to http://216.32.85.170/~admin/

Why do you need this, though? Most of the time, using the subdomain should suffice.
jon9314
i was tring to set up freedns.afraid.com with an A record with needed an ip address noting else wold work but i think that i got it using a web forward..
Daniel15
jon9314 wrote:
i was tring to set up freedns.afraid.com with an A record with needed an ip address noting else wold work but i think that i got it using a web forward..

You can use NS records, they should work fine. Use:
ns1.frih.net
ns2.frih.net
And everything should work perfectly... Otherwise, you can use an A record, with the IP address specified above.
Once you've done this, you need to add your domain to your account, using DirectAdmin.