FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Firefox 2.0??

Diablosblizz
I got FireFox 2.0 and I LOVE THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE. But, when trying to fast reply on some sites, I get page cannot be found. Though on IE i can.

I think this is Javascript, how do I fix it?

Thanks!
caroline
Can you please specify which site(s) you were trying to visit?
djclue917
Diablosblizz wrote:
I got FireFox 2.0 and I LOVE THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE. But, when trying to fast reply on some sites, I get page cannot be found. Though on IE i can.

I think this is Javascript, how do I fix it?

Thanks!

The Frihost forums is also broken in Firefox 2.0. At first, I cannot even open up a thread. It just sits there and tries to load but never finishes. Then I unchecked all the Advanced JavaScript options. After that, I can open up and view a forum thread. But to my dismay, I cannot post a reply or preview a reply! The page just sits there and "loads" like forever whenever I click "Preview" or "Submit".

By the way, I've already reported the forums as a broken website.
djclue917
caroline wrote:
Can you please specify which site(s) you were trying to visit?

Frihost forums for example. It is a "little" broken somehow.
ocalhoun
^ I certainly haven't had any such problems, and I have a completely un-tampered-with Firefox install.
Perhaps its because I had 1.5 already when I installed 2.0?
Diablosblizz
Fixed the problem, heh using NoScript. Razz.. Thanks!
redice
It most like that this sites write the unstandard JS code I think. You may install a IE plugin for firefox, the plugin can open a label and open a page in a IE core frame.
WickedGravity
The problem with all of these JavaScript Extensions is that none of them, and I mean none of them, check to see if there is an existing customized setup already in place. I have been using Firefox 2.0 since it was in Alpha and I have made massive customizations both to the configuration and the chrome.

My point is that if JavaScript Extensions like NoScript are to be effective, they need to see if any custom setting apply, otherwise you get a massive Cluster**** every time the seeings clash.
dude_xyx
I use FF 2.0 too. even I'm using it now and have no problem with it. using with all default settings. i love this spell checker option.
sceptileex
Working fine for me, hasnt been a problem in any of the forums ive been to.

the spell checker rocks, XD
saskshadowplayers
eye conkur teh speel chekur iz awsum. end I'v hade know problums with firfoxe one ne sight.

But seriously, I am not familiar with these so called "problems" in Firefox. The only thing I recently fixed was the ability to play windows media files in Firefox. Stupid VLC player was screwing things up (or actually just one small file)
vignesh_natraj
I use IE7 it is better tham IE6 and Firefoc though it lack some extensions
umeshtangnu
Working absolutely fine for me,having been using since it was beta but it hasnt been a problem in any of the website i have ever visited ,it may be i did an install over an older version .
ashok
frihost's forums are absolutely fine with my firefox 2... nothing broken for me Very Happy
Vyriix
RSS feed handling has taken a step backwards in FF 2.0, and is inferior to that of IE7.

Only thing I complaint is the feed handling Confused
lukeropro
ashok wrote:
frihost's forums are absolutely fine with my firefox 2... nothing broken for me Very Happy

Yep, me too
erlendhg
I also use Firefox 2.
I love it. It rocks.
...and I hate my Norwegian spell checking when I'm writing English Razz
Glad I can turn it off Razz
orcaz
The frihost forums is perfectly fine on my FF 2 too. I always use FF to view the forums coz it loads much faster than IE.
davidjoin
Some sites is enough well to support IE browser , but not well to other browsers.