FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Package Information

Marston
I think it would be a good idea to only have current hosting package information in the FAQ (eg. DO NOT MENTION CPANEL IN THE FAQ, only DA), because alot of people come here and are like, "OMG CPANEL AND FANTASTICO!", but they sign up and they get DA, so they're like, "OMG WTF! WHERE IS TEH CPANEL!", and then the mods are like "Dewd, we only have DA on server 2. Kthxbai.", and then everyone is like "OMG STFU ABOUT CPANEL ALREADY U NEWB!" and then the newly registered user leaves in search of hosting with CPanel/Fantastico.

So, to reiterate, it would be a good idea to keep current hosting info in the FAQ.
william
Yeah, I definitely agree. A lot of the stuff outside the forum is outdated, so the FAQ's aren't the only thing that need to be updated every now and then. A lot of new members probably would be confused if they receive an ****** with DirectAdmin and not cpanel.

Anyway, yeah, I agree that we need to update the FAQ's and a lot of other pages.
Blaster

lol yea i hate the noobs asking where cpanel is. And yes i agree. Its not that hard to change that at least for now bondings.
mathiaus
Admittedly it does need updating but the home page mentions Direct Admin not CPanel, I highly doubt people read the FAQ etc see CPanel and think thats what they get. I suspect their reading about Frihost with CPanel from somewhere else.
Blaster
yea true... on www.freewebspace.net it says it has cPanel. So maybe bondings could change that or something.
Marston
mathiaus wrote:
Admittedly it does need updating but the home page mentions Direct Admin not CPanel, I highly doubt people read the FAQ etc see CPanel and think thats what they get. I suspect their reading about Frihost with CPanel from somewhere else.
I suppose you're right.

PS: IMO this is the funniest suggestion topic ever. LAWLZOMG!
Bondings
Blaster wrote:
yea true... on www.freewebspace.net it says it has cPanel. So maybe bondings could change that or something.

That will be hard to update I think. I'll maybe try to pm the admin on their forums.
Blaster
it would be easier if you posted another message saying that you currently have DirectAdmin maybe that would help. I actally tried to post that before but it didnt' work. I would say just pm Jan or something over there and she will help you out.
TeenZine
http://www.freewebspace.net/php/view.php?id=2900

just report an error. I would but I dont want them to have my eamil
garionw
TeenZine wrote:
http://www.freewebspace.net/php/view.php?id=2900

just report an error. I would but I dont want them to have my eamil

The advantages of a fake email. Whenever I signup for something I am unsure of, I will enter in my second email account, then I just go and check it. Simple!
TeenZine
lol i know. But im Lazy
seagullspirit
I'm a new member but the clear fact is that the FAQ section needs some updating including the CPanel part and some more details on the whole posting for hosting system and the decay rate on those points.

Probably just like most of the users I'm too bussy on a daily basis to remember to get around here often enough and I'll have my fair share of warning followed by a high in activity then my normal low. In light of all this I'm pretty sure that all those new members that, just like me, look for some free hosting where to keep a small personal site that will most likely be accessed a few hundred times a year would benefit greatly from having a short clear cut explenation on what the minimum expected activity is in order to have the points to keep the site going.

To conclude, there probably are more parts of the FAQ that need to be updated.
dennisoz
Yes a overview page would be nice !
bonestorm74
To be honest I did find the fantastico section and cpanel confusing as I assumed that would be what I was using. So i agree with you, that's a good idea. Could help some people in future avoid going through the same kind of confusion.
hack_man_
Marston wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to only have current hosting package information in the FAQ (eg. DO NOT MENTION CPANEL IN THE FAQ, only DA), because alot of people come here and are like, "OMG CPANEL AND FANTASTICO!", but they sign up and they get DA, so they're like, "OMG WTF! WHERE IS TEH CPANEL!", and then the mods are like "Dewd, we only have DA on server 2. Kthxbai.", and then everyone is like "OMG STFU ABOUT CPANEL ALREADY U NEWB!" and then the newly registered user leaves in search of hosting with CPanel/Fantastico.

So, to reiterate, it would be a good idea to keep current hosting info in the FAQ.

Laughing This is by far one of the funniest things I have seen on these forums! But a good idea, I can't help feeling that I am the guy mentioned above, I actually registered before with another account before coming back.
simplyw00x
I think that the whole homepage needs updating tbh... I'm sure Bondings knows this, but isn't keen on changing the current one when a new one is coming.
Marston
hack_man_ wrote:
Marston wrote:

Laughing This is by far one of the funniest things I have seen on these forums! But a good idea, I can't help feeling that I am the guy mentioned above, I actually registered before with another account before coming back.
Very Happy I tried.
hack_man_
Marston wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:
Marston wrote:

Very Happy I tried.

lol, keep it up! Wasn't there a competition a while back to design a new homepage? Or was that to design the one that is being used now?