FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

firefox displaying odd behavior

Srs2388
Has anyone had ALL there favorites randomly disappear?
on my PC, I have put them back 3 times now and they disappear yet again...
is there a program to keep my favorites backed up?
this really sucks Confused
myrevolt
That is weird. I've heard some weird things have happened to users that upgrade to Firefox 2.0; I'm still using 1.5 until more extensions are compatible. Anyway you can use MozBackup to backup your bookmarks, extensions, cookies or whatever you want to save: MozBackup
You could also just manually go to (I'm assuming Windows, if you are using Linux consult your distro's FAQ) C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM.DEFAULT\bookmarks.html and copy bookmarks.html to somewhere else. Hope that helps.
Srs2388
Thanks exactly what i wanted Very Happy
neosree
Better yet go with Opera. Just kidding.. I am also hearing abt this problem first time. I already have a lot of problems with Firefox when I tried it with some extensions. I cannot fine a single point to love firefox. IE7 is now better I think. Firefox need to do a lot to come to the front when Vista comes.
KHO
neosree wrote:
Better yet go with Opera. Just kidding.. I am also hearing abt this problem first time. I already have a lot of problems with Firefox when I tried it with some extensions. I cannot fine a single point to love firefox. IE7 is now better I think. Firefox need to do a lot to come to the front when Vista comes.

O.O WOW. Tell me your kidding.
Quote:
IE7 is now better
That is an oxymoron I believe.

Ok, let me put it like this, it takes me all of 5 seconds to get every password you have EVER typed into internet explorer no matter how many times you have cleared the cache and history/temp. (Thank you index.dat for that lovely "feature") as opposed to me actually having to work to get your hashed passwords out of Fire Fox, especially if you further encrypted them with the built in option of adding a password to them. A simple password for you (5-7 characters) adds about .5-6hrs to the time it takes to get them.

Internet explorer is an open doorway allowing me to inject anything I want into your system, where as Fire Fox is not directly tied into the system and therefore has about half the chance if not less of infecting your PC.

Should I really keep going? Cause I have a whole plethora of reasons why Fire Fox is better than Internet Explorer. Go download 2.0 from getfirefox.com get a few extensions for it, might I recommend AdBlock, No Script, IE Tab, Faster Fox and Tab Mix Plus? Properly configured it will run about 3x faster than IE, much smoother, and provide more functionality, as well as with the IE tab feature you can still use the Microsoft web sites.
orcaz
Firefox is still a lot better than IE 7, tho I haf to agree that there was a great improvement from version 6 to 7. The major factor that IE loses out is in terms of security, which is will take M$ some time before they can patch up their vulnerable browser, which is tied to the OS which oso has poor security.
Animal
How is it possible that every single browser-related thread becomes a fight about which browser is better!?!?!?!?

Please go to the official thread to discuss this.

Srs2388 wrote:
Thanks exactly what i wanted Very Happy

Looks like the original question has been answered anyway.

-close-