FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Anime/Manga

kyang91
I would like to know what the new anime/mangas are.
Also if its good.
Scaramanga
kyang91 wrote:
I would like to know what the new anime/mangas are.
Also if its good.

Can you be a little more specific on what you mean by new? And do you mean new in Japan, or new in R1, or what?

And as for whether something is good or not, wouldn't that depend a great deal on what YOU find good, rather than if some anonymous person on the internet, whose tastes you don't know, finds something good?
carlokes
Hi there,

If you are talking about new animes that started/will start airing in Japan recently, there's a good way to have a peek of what you can probably expect from the anime. In anidb.net theres a calendar section divided by months where you can see which will be the new animes coming out and following the link to those animes, you can read synopses and visit the official sites where most of the times you can watch a trailer or a teaser.

For R1 dvd's....well that i don't know since i'm R2 Smile
Chelissamow
You can see some of the Fall 2006 show summaries here:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/09/22/fall-2006-shows/

The shows that I like are: Death Note, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Asatte no Houkou, and Bosou Renkin.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Oh come on Scaramanga, your always so tough. Obviously he is looking for a new anime/manga that is liked by most people.

Ill tell ya Very Happy . Death Note. Simply the best anime and manga i have ever seen. Trust me, go watch it and youll like it. Out of the 15 people i reffered to this anime only 1 thought "it wasnt bad". The others completely liked it.

A little scary though but still good.
Scaramanga
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Oh come on Scaramanga, your always so tough. Obviously he is looking for a new anime/manga that is liked by most people.

Liked by most people? Well I guess that's only a few shows then. But why recommend the stuff that EVERYBODY likes and raves about? I'd prefer to recommend shows that rarely get mentioned, but are equally good (if not better) than the mainstream shows. Also, it very difficult to recommend somethign to someone without knowing what THEY like. Say you like shounen fighting shows, and I tell you to watch Super Gals. Yeah, you might be more than a little miffed. Very Happy

Now, that being said, I'm going to recommend a show. Go watch Red Garden. It's got mystery, some action, and some interpersonal realtionships, all in a well-animated package. It's directed by the same guy who did Rozen Maiden, but it's really nothing like that series.
Nevvb
Bleach? Bleach is my fav show.
Naruto? Second Fav Show
Kurosaki-Ichigo
You can watch prince of tennis. I hear its good. Also Blood + is good too.
Scaramanga
Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
You can watch prince of tennis. I hear its good.

Yeah, if you're a gay male or a girl. Very Happy

Kurosaki-Ichigo wrote:
Also Blood + is good too.

Yeah this is a good choice, and it'll be coming out on Cartoon Network/AS early next year too, IIRC.
Raijenki
Anime: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?epp=&show=latest&do=anime
Manga: I dunno...

You should google things before post stupid topics.
Scaramanga
Raijenki wrote:
Anime: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?epp=&show=latest&do=anime
Manga: I dunno...

You should google things before post stupid topics.

The problem with places like the AnimeDB and AnimeNFO is that they are strictly databases of anime and not really meant as recommendation sites (AnimeNFO does have a list of top anime, but that's besides the point.) If you want to get information on anime reviews I'd recommend either AnimeOnDVD.com or AnimeNewsNetwork; both have very good reviews and forums.