FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SAW III

Jigsaw
What do you guys think of sAW III?
FaLLeN
Ill be goin to see it tomorrow, from the trailers ive seen it looks pretty good, guess ill see. Embarassed
mattchun
On the contrast, this week i'd like to see THE DEPARTED instead of SAW3. i've been sick of thrilled movie.
lordfrikk
Definitely gonna watch it Cool SAW 1 & 2 are my most favourite movies ever.
snowboardalliance
Wow, it was really gross.

Like the brain surgery, and the chains on the guy, and the guy twisting. But the ending was pretty interesting.
twisthigh
I want to see this move so bad, because I love the first one and the second one, I'm excited to see how they continue the movie, because they pretty much killed off the old dude in the sequel. So yeah, when it comes out on dvd I'll for sure rent it.
cartwjon
planning on going to see this in couple of days, got to work it round college work
Josso
Due to 18 limit I won't be able to see it until it comes out on DVD but I'm looking forward to it though.
coolclay
I heard its nothing but blood, gore, and nastiness and not worth watching.
zamolxes
I haven't seen Saw 1, but Saw 2 was awesome, a very inteligent and creative movie, besides being scarry. I can't wait to see 1 and 3. Is 3 just blod and nastiness? I sure hope not, 2 was brilliant.
glabase
Saw 3 was pretty good - verrrrry gory!

I'd definitely go and see though - helps if you've seen saw 1 and 2 though. Laughing
zamolxes
Well, I'll hurry up and see Saw 1, and then maybe I'll watch Saw 2 again, just cuz it was great. Nad then I'll hit the 3rd. But is there a link between the movies? I heard Saw 2 is quite a different story from Saw 1...
Octaeder
I really enjoyed Saw III. Was nice the way it sort of rounded off parts of the last two films, I'm not entirely sure it would have stood up as a film in its own right, but the way it added to and accentuated the first two films really made it something special.

The pig offal thing helped too. That was hilarious.

The head surgery scene was interesting. I think because a lot of the audience would say the Jigsaw was the only one of the cast that they particularly 'cared' about. As in its his motives etc. that seem so far removed from those people he is testing that he has become the most interesting character.
Lusiphur
Waste of time.

The movie opens with a few deaths that are gory and so OTT you can not believe that one person set them up.

There is no sense of emotional attachment to the main character, the one that goes through the trails, which means we don't overly care about his survival.

The "twists" are either obvious, pointless/stupid or "meh" (as in shrug your shoulders cause you don't care). And the ending leaves more than just a bit to be desired.

The only good point about the movie is it goes a lot more into Jigsaws personality, it shows you that he is actually human and not just a monster (he is still clearly insane though).

In all I found it a dissapointing end to the series (although Rumours abound about Saw 4 allready). If you're a fan of the series watch it just to finish it. If you're not a fan it's an ok gore movie but a shit suspense-horror.

All IMO of course.
simenstene
Jigsaw wrote:

It is a scary movie!
neosree
The singapore release is in Nov30. Waiting for it. I am egar to watch this scary game. Will give some scary entertainmets at least - cannot resist to go to the theater anyway.
arkebuzer
Jigsaw wrote:

No idea since I havenīt seen it yet.
But Iīve heard from friends that it should be quite nice indeed. So I will have a "saw marathon" in a week or so and watch all the 3 movies the same night Shocked
Lusiphur
arkebuzer wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

But Iīve heard from friends that it should be quite nice indeed. So I will have a "saw marathon" in a week or so and watch all the 3 movies the same night Shocked

Don't, you'll be disapointed. First 2 are good movie (the 1st is one of the best suspense horrors in a LONG time). 3rd will only dissapoint you after chain watching the first 2.

If you do watch all 3 back to back...let me know how walking down dark alley ways ais afterwards Razz
jayrelle
Lusiphur wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Don't, you'll be disapointed. First 2 are good movie (the 1st is one of the best suspense horrors in a LONG time). 3rd will only dissapoint you after chain watching the first 2.

If you do watch all 3 back to back...let me know how walking down dark alley ways ais afterwards Razz

Really?? i like the 2nd one.. like the twist in the story. I really love it! It made me feel that the writer of the story also wants to play a game with the audience! You need a brain to understand this movie... Twisted Evil
faylulu
jayrelle wrote:
Lusiphur wrote:
arkebuzer wrote:
Jigsaw wrote:

Really?? i like the 2nd one.. like the twist in the story. I really love it! It made me feel that the writer of the story also wants to play a game with the audience! You need a brain to understand this movie... Twisted Evil

i agree, you do need a brain to understand the movie. I liked the third. There was lots of twists and lots of moments when I wanted to yell at the screen. Smile
Blu_Spykz
Loved this movie...the death scenes whilst good could have been better, but was definitely more story-orientated than 1, or 2.

Good movie, strong cast and good acting... 8/10
pinkpeople
I have it on my Ipod. But I was not really impressed. I think it's just like the other 2 but than with a few changes.
I didn't think it was scary at all!
glenn83e
pinkpeople wrote:
I have it on my Ipod. But I was not really impressed. I think it's just like the other 2 but than with a few changes.
I didn't think it was scary at all!

Not ment to be scarry, but gory and make you cringe. Now here is a question... is Jigsaw Dead? Sure he had his throat sliced open, however if you remember in the movie he stated that he could have an ambulance there within 4 minutes. Now right before his throat was sliced he hit a button that alerted his heart moniter. Bet you didn't clue into that now did ya?

Saw 4 to be released October 2007 can't wait to see it.
lethaltriad
I enjoyed part 3, I watched part 1 and sorta fell asleep during part 2 so I really should have rented the dvd for part 2 so I could keep up better. Overall though it isnt scary but it is gorey which is something I sorta like lol. I heard rumours that there is a Saw 4 in the making and should be released sometime later this year close to Christmas. Only thing though I heard Ja Rule is casted for the first scene =(
glenn83e
lethaltriad wrote:
I enjoyed part 3, I watched part 1 and sorta fell asleep during part 2 so I really should have rented the dvd for part 2 so I could keep up better. Overall though it isnt scary but it is gorey which is something I sorta like lol. I heard rumours that there is a Saw 4 in the making and should be released sometime later this year close to Christmas. Only thing though I heard Ja Rule is casted for the first scene =(

as stated before, the movie isn't made to make you scream or be scared, it is mainly ment to make you cringe and think, what would you do if you were "playing" jigsaw's game?
Captain Fertile
glenn83e wrote:
as stated before, the movie isn't made to make you scream or be scared, it is mainly ment to make you cringe and think, what would you do if you were "playing" jigsaw's game?

I think the term for this kind of movie is "Psychological Thriller" a favourite genre of mine.
Zink
I haven't currently seen it.
I've seen SAW 1 and 2 though.
It is most definatly the best horror movie series in years.
It rmeinds me of that movie Cube...(or Cube reminds me of SAW?)
Well, anyway great series, I'm hoping to see number 3 some time soon.

-peace out
Ozzy
BEST way to end the trilogy!!

Such an intense ending (as they all are)

And I liked the gore level in this movie, was set on high compared to the previous two.
neosree
Have seen this movie. It is extreme... Really extreme gore and blood and pain. And now the triology is ended with some story that make some sence. This is a kind of sadist movie, some of my friends told me. I just watch the movie as it is, just for 2 hours of entertainmet thats all I wanted.
frih
one of the best movie i have ever seen in my life...full of suspense...no one knows who is doing all these things.the person in the movie is crazy. he plotted death for everybody in the movie..
in the movie,everyone has to save their life.....in a definite time...

very gud movie...
i request everyone to see this movie...it is one of the best movie.

regards
abhi
Sick-
it was good mov. pretty "yewww" in few parts Laughing
rheanna
All Saws' kicked butt! Man waiting to see a saw 4.. I didn't like the ending in III grr... It was a bad arse ending but doesn't leave much for IV .. Hope they make another one but I doubt it with the way it ended. Sad Unless the guy goes insane. Laughing
Motoracer380
saw 3 was one of the hardest movies to watch....wen she was cutting his skull open to releive brain pressure...i couldnt watch the saw just peirced my ears and....man it was just disturbing..those are my favorite movies tho....the saw series is a deffinate hit anywhere apparently...great movies...but the topic was for saw 3 so yeah saw 3 was still ammazing even though it made me cringe a lot
deadskinmask
Saw III was definately a good 3rd part and it made up for the not so good Saw II. I felt Saw III gave us more background to the Original Saw but at the same time had all the added suspense and Ewwww factors. Great movie!!!
matious89
according to your opinions SAW III is worth watching Very Happy so i should watch it, but first I must resolve my problem with my girlfriend ;/ and then watch the SAW III Very Happy
melissareich
I really liked Saw 3, though I did think the ending was a bit strange. The characters are definitely what I'd like to see the most if a Saw 4 comes out. I just recently watched Saw 1 and 2 this past weekend and I'd like to watch Saw 3 again. I really like this movie not only because it's somewhat scary, but I love the trick of it. Such as the "your son is in a safe and secure place." I think that's really brilliant. I love movies like this. It might sound bad, but I do think the way that he made his subjects or victims die was in a creative way. I'd say the one that caught my eye the most was the one where the guy had to open the safe with the candle and the flammable room.

Anyway, I believe this movie was very good and directed well. I like the characters and cast and how they continue into the sequel as the same characters. Unlike some movies, where theres a sequel and the characters are all different--I hate that.

This is off topic, but I'm looking forward to The Hills Have Eyes 2 and Hostel 2.
orshamir
OMG this very disgusting movie.
and now the pig is soooooo cruel.
Alex Is Mental
All the Saw series are great movies. The plot/storyline has had a great deal of thought put into it. All I didn't like in Saw 3 was that it didn't have as much of as a twist than others.
What I did like was all the gore and violence; especially the brain surgery and "The Rack". Also I liked finding out about the background to the other movies. And finding out what happened to the dectective.
All-in-all I think it is great movie (, especially if you force a bunch of emos to watch it). I think you have to see the Saw series at least once in your life.
kasper105
Saw III has some awesome special effects!
esspecially the one were jigsaw got open brain surgery... NICE!!
arkebuzer
coolclay wrote:
I heard its nothing but blood, gore, and nastiness and not worth watching.

Thatīs why itīs worth watching Wink
Itīs a pretty special kind of movie, but itīs fun to watch something orginal.
Good choice to watch with girlfriend Wink
Vlien
Alex Is Mental wrote:
(, especially if you force a bunch of emos to watch it). I think you have to see the Saw series at least once in your life.

OK, what do you mean with the forcing a bunch of emos to watch it? This is probably a bad time to cast my opinion about this movie genre, but I would almost say that you are all close to my interpretation of the word "sicko". Traditional horror movies, ok, I can live with the fact that many people watch them, but this?? Let alone the writers of the plot: how sick can you be? Don't you ever FEEL anything when watching those torture scenes, apart from some kind of cruel "hahah"? Makes me somewhat angry. But I'm amidst a group of horror lovers. Guess I'm outta here! Very Happy
OutlawSpirit
real good movie... gory film 2... keeps u on the edge
molif
its a great movie with great storyline.. but i got this feeling its gonna get crappy since they already started to make saw 4... i mean, jigsaw is dead.. sooo.... what..? is there a need for saw 4..?