FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ideas, suggestion, critiques are needed for dzign website

dzign
I'm in the process of making my own website in which will be used as portfolios site and as well as for tutorials site ( design and animation ).

The layout is pretty much done, apart from the content of what's new, gallery and tutorials page

The critiques will of course be more than welcome as they are the input to make the site better

The main suggestions or idea would probably on gallery and portfolios page

The concepts for this page are expandable in term of contents. The original ideas for portfolio page is using Flash / animation yet simple to navigate and clean. Tutorials will as well, be expandable so adding more and more tutorials are easily done too. As the current hosting does not support PHP, that might be the reason I try to have a hosting at Frihost.

Feel free to give me some inputs on this site : http://users.tpg.com.au/riady/index.html

Thanks in advance
Donutey
I like the menu and the what's new section. Although the text contrast needs to be higher on the what's new section.

I would also suggest to remove the borders you have for the two text sections, they aren't really necessary and I think your design would look cleaner without them.
dzign
Thanks for the feedback donutey

There reason for me to put news in less contrast state is not to make it as attention grabber, but I'll try to play around with higher contrast typo

I will also play around with the border around the text section, might be getting rid of the border at all, or just making it less obvious

but, thanks a lot for the feedback

I really appreciate it
rein
Great work, well done. I like how clean it is and easy to navigate.
The swirly thing in the background of the 'whats new' box kinda looks out of place though. It's just the one thing .. on itself. Looks -errm- odd. That's the best i can put it.
It's quite a minimalistic site, and that ok, but maybe you could give your visitors just a bit more eye-candy. A very light background image, or a detail here 'n there.
Still; it's amazing so far!
dzign
Hehehe ...

thanks Rein. That swirly background at what's new is deliberately made washed out, but maybe it is "too" washed out Smile. I'll try to make it more obvious

For adding more details here and there ... I'm working on it Smile

thanks a lot fro the feedback and suggestion

really appreciate it Smile
Chelissamow
The main thing that bothers me about the website is the font size. It's a bit small and you can't resize it with Internet Explorer. I suggest using '%' values for font-sizes in css. The standard is '76%'.

Also, in the 'what's new' section, you should have more contrast between the text and the background to make it more readable. Also, try to make the font-size a bit bigger.
dzign
Thanks Chelissamow for the feedback.

I agree that the font size is too small, so I increased the text a little bit bigger. regarding to the what's new box, I deliberately made it "less" contrast so users will not focus too much on the what's new box, instead they will focus moe onto the contents

Thanks a lot for the input Smile
Dragate
The shorcut image doesn't seem to fit this webiste. You should put the Dzign "D" or something like that (color it black).

I think, becuase everything seems quite balck. It would look really killing to have a black background. Try it. I"m sure you'll be surprised at just that little tweak.

Since you have a news area and a menu like that, I suggest just keep your page aligned to the top left without any margins. It will look really good.

Your site has easy navigation and a great look.

Good job~!
Good luck.
dzign
hi Dragate,

thanks for the feedback. I guess I have used "D" letter for my shortcut image. Smile

regarding to margin on the left panel, that's deliberately done to separate between logo and news. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile

Yep, I'll try to play around and tweak the website here and there, and be prepared to be surprisingly amazed

Thanks much
Dragate
dzign wrote:
hi Dragate,

thanks for the feedback. I guess I have used "D" letter for my shortcut image. Smile

oh, sorry. I just meant not to use a purple and orange one. Since the colours in your webpage, to me at least, look black, red and orange. Make it those colours. Up to you. It's what I would do. Everyone has a different way of handelling things.

dzign wrote:
regarding to margin on the left panel, that's deliberately done to separate between logo and news. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile

I didn't mean the margin between the logo and news. Sorry if that's not clear. I meant the news and the whole page should be aligned top left. with 0 margins. The margins between all of the content areas should be kept. it's good effect, makes everything clear.

dzign wrote:
Yep, I'll try to play around and tweak the website here and there, and be prepared to be surprisingly amazed

nice~ yeah. I think first thing would be to try to make background balck. Just try it.

Thanks much[/quote]

npnp~
sceptileex
IMHO making the whole body blackground black isnt a good idea. The white lends it a kinda minimalistic feel, and its a much nicer color as a blackground as compared to black. The favicon could do with a change tho, looks completely unrelated XD Other than that, nice site.
dzign
Thanks guys,

every feeedbacks I'm sure are priceless. I will keep tweaking my website according to any inputs I've got to make it better and better.

I would probably ( still try to find a way to do it ) let the background changes according to time / day. If there is direction to do it, I would really appreciate it. Say for example, if it is night, the background will become black and text white, at noon, it becomes black on white. Javascript might be able to do that way ( Probably with the change of the favicon as well )

At this moment, I'm still finding some ideas for the icons accross the site Smile I now it's a little bit "empty", so having a few icons would probably "fill" the site in someways

but, thanks much for the feedbacks