FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Threat to world peace - Bin Laben and Bush on Top

ahamed
Recent survey from the Gurdian newspaper of UK shows that Bin Laden and Bush both are theat to the world peace...

Quote:
87% think the al-Qaida leader is a great or moderate danger to peace, compared with 75% who think this of Mr Bush. The president of Iran (62%) think he is a danger, the North Korean leader (69%) and the leader of Hizbullah, Hassan Nasrallah (65%).

Quote:
America is now seen as a threat to world peace by its closest neighbours and allies, according to an international survey of public opinion published today that reveals just how far the country's reputation has fallen among former supporters since the invasion of Iraq.

Quote:
The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.

Read the full story on ....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1938434,00.html
Moonspider
ahamed wrote:
Recent survey from the Gurdian newspaper of UK shows that Bin Laden and Bush both are theat to the world peace...

I just don't get it. But then again, I'm an American so it is difficult for me to see how a significant percentage of people in places like Mexico, Britain, and Israel can see the United States as a threat to world peace.

(Then again, I'm a cynic and therefore believe "World Peace" to be a misnomer as there never has been and never shall be any such thing. Wink "Politics is war by other means." - Michel Foucault)

Here is a link to the raw ICM data for anyone interested in seeing it without commentary:
ICM Leadership Poll

Respectfully,
M
crdowner
The argument that I have heard is that America (led by Bush) is creating more terrorists as a result of being in Iraq. I can certain believe this to be true. We need to do more to assist/aid the people of Iraq so that Iraqis have a better opinion of us.

Israel has a similar problem with a terrorist group. The terrorist group has created schools and done other things for communities so the people like the terrorist group. When Isreal attacked the terrorist group (in response to an attach from the terrorist group), Israel was consider the bad guy by many. America needs to use the tactics of this terrorist group and become the good guy. This should decrease the amount of new terrorists and create a better opinion of America.

I am not saying that we lie down and let terrorist kill us and Iraqis. We still have to use force. Otherwise we should get the hell out of Dodge.
Traveller
ahamed wrote:
Surveys are not able to show such a thing. By their nature, surveys show the opinions of the people who were chosen to be surveyed.
ahamed
Traveller wrote:
ahamed wrote:
Surveys are not able to show such a thing. By their nature, surveys show the opinions of the people who were chosen to be surveyed.

It's definately right that survey are not always shows the right picture. and it has very little impression on people mind. But, at least it implies how certain level of peoples thinking on specific issue. And it always is a queston to whom people this is type of survery carried on.
S3nd K3ys
OBL is a threat to freedom loving people's peace, Bush is a threat to opressive, dictatorial one religion loving people.

See the difference?

If you love peace, Bush is your guy.

If you don't OBL is your guy.

Laughing