FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

intelligent deep appreciators of good unique music

kemosabi107
are you out there? someone on this board said "post-rock is the future of music," in a way i agree with him/her. but tell me you've heard of more than EITS, sigur ros, mogwai, gybe, mono. dont get me wrong, i love all thsoe bands too, but these should be givens. lets share deeper findings with eachother. bands like marfa lights, eluvium, yndia halda, cue. and lets not limit to post-rock, let's be open to absolutely anything creative and good. jens lekman, four tet, clap your hands, shins, black angels, octopus project, cloud cult, do make say think, tarentel, cloud cult.

ok? here's some recent findings i've made:
fujiya & miyagi
faux pas
van she
the chap

get out of here if you like jack johnson or the postal service or think youre really into indie cuz you like death cab. indie's not about that, indie's about doing whatever, and it being totally freakin new. get out of here if all youre gonna mention are rip off bands. its cool to bring back something, but not to immitate whatever the hell is currently groundbreaking. i'm not trying to offend anyone. i just want to gather with people that are also actually looking for great original music, so that the job of searching would be spread out, and the rewards much better. whatdoya say?
kemosabi107
continuing my rant...

the kind of people that get albums when they leak, like way before they ever come out.
The Mitchell
kemosabi107 wrote:
are you out there? someone on this board said "post-rock is the future of music," in a way i agree with him/her. but tell me you've heard of more than EITS, sigur ros, mogwai, gybe, mono. dont get me wrong, i love all thsoe bands too, but these should be givens. lets share deeper findings with eachother. bands like marfa lights, eluvium, yndia halda, cue. and lets not limit to post-rock, let's be open to absolutely anything creative and good. jens lekman, four tet, clap your hands, shins, black angels, octopus project, cloud cult, do make say think, tarentel, cloud cult.

EITS
sigur ros
mogwai
gybe
mono

all these rule although i find eits to be a bit samey throughout the albums. do make say think win. pretty much anything of constellation is good as are all the godspeed side projects such as 1 speed nike and set fire to flames. 65daysofstatic are excellent glitchy math rock and also unsigned technically although their albums are all released on monotreme. Capercaillie are good for celtic electronic stuff. Also afro celt sound system are also good for this. Four Tet are amazing for dancy stuff and very inventive with sounds and love the real drum samples. Amplifier and Oceansize foir 2 of manchesters best progressive bands. Oceansize are kind of like tool crossed with pink floyd while amplifier are more like stylistically but less metally. A Silver Mt Zion are naturally another of the greats. Efrim am god! The arcade fire are always a good listen. Everyone knows and loves Bjork. Try checking out From Monuments to masses, Frou Frou, Glisli, Lemon Jelly, The Flaming Lips, Lightening Bolt, That ****** Tank, Martin Grech, McClusky, People in Planes, Mew, Miocene, Part Chimp, Peace Burial at Sea, Saul Williams, Team Sleep, Slowdive, Sunna, Threemovements, Tortoise, Tsuji Giri, Kong, Isis, Youth Movie Soundtrack Strategies, The Secret Machines, Shellac

All awesome bands worthy of a good listen.
evanct
heh a little pretentious?

not saying i dont like many of those bands either.
The Mitchell
evanct wrote:
heh a little pretentious?

not saying i dont like many of those bands either.

massively pretentious haha. it has to be done. i love pretentious music lol. To be fair i do like a lot of other stuff too but they seemed like the type of bands you may appreciate dude.
If you like many of those I beg you to go to www.omgwtfgrant.co.uk/sleepercell/certaincolours
I always promote it to death but if your into that sort of music then you may enjoy this demo. Its my band a year ago and we shall be back with a new name and material soon
kemosabi107
check out:
cansei de ser sexy
black moth super rainbow
and
red sparowes new album
The Mitchell
kemosabi107 wrote:
check out:
cansei de ser sexy
black moth super rainbow
and