FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My school on lockdown

Blaster
Well shortly after 1:30 my school went on lock down. No one knew about what was going on so we just continued class. Yesterday we also had a lock down and it was because of a fight that one person was seriously injured so we thought the same thing happened. Well we continued class and then all teachers where told to check there email. So he did and read it aloud to us. The email said something was happening outside on two local streets. We all wanted to know what was going on but we had to continue class. After the 2:15 bell we all rushed to the computer to see what happened. Well it turns out that a person armed with a gun was at this bar and was therating to shoot. Well we had to remain on lock down and couldn't leave. So we had to do stuff untill we where alloud out. We ended up having to make up our own fun. Really what it came down to was taking like some figure in this class that was made of paper that we hit up in the air and tried to see how long we could hold it up in the air. So we spent time doing stuff and finally at like 3:50 we where able to go home.

It turns out that as i write this the person is still sitting there. S.W.A.T. is being sent in and all. Well i also have some pictures that i would like to show you so just look below.

http://images19.fotki.com/v354/photos/4/43653/4223592/IMG_9084-vi.jpg?1162425851
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9085.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9086.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9087.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9090.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9093.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9094.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9095.html
http://warephotos.com/911/2006/aston_harrykatshostage/img9109.html
xorcist
Wow when school down in South Florida are on Lockdown they have to go and turn off the lights and close the windows they have shutters so they close that and you cant see anything from the outside. In some schools they are open so basically if they get in they could just go everywhere the only thing blocking them is a like the front door and some little gates that they could easily get past.
arkebuzer
xorcist wrote:
Wow when school down in South Florida are on Lockdown they have to go and turn off the lights and close the windows they have shutters so they close that and you cant see anything from the outside. In some schools they are open so basically if they get in they could just go everywhere the only thing blocking them is a like the front door and some little gates that they could easily get past.

That makes it sound like it happends once in a while Razz
Ive never been in a lockdown at school, on the other hand we have not had any school shootings in sweden like in US.
xorcist
arkebuzer wrote:

That makes it sound like it happends once in a while Razz
Ive never been in a lockdown at school, on the other hand we have not had any school shootings in sweden like in US.

It doesnt happen often it happens when some dumb people do dumb things like someone went and called in a bomb threat one day turned out to be some dumb kids that were bored.
scotty
Wow, that's such a good argument to use in the guns in America thread. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

Nothing like that has ever happened while I was at school except in primary school where there was a burglar being chased by cops who apparently had a gun.
a.Bird
scotty wrote:
Wow, that's such a good argument to use in the guns in America thread. I'm glad nobody got hurt.

-But it's a constitutional freedom!

-And that freedom tends to be used more offensively than defensively.

-Exactly, and I should have the freedom to defend myself from someone else with a gun.

-And if all guns were to be removed then what would you need a gun to defend yourself from?

-Um... rabid woodchucks?

Rolling Eyes
Agent ME
Even if guns were outlawed, the bad guys would still get their hands on guns... I mean, cocaine and all that is outlawed, but it still shows up.
munkey_boy
Woah, nothing like that has ever happened at school... Well some guy rang up and said a bomb was going to go off and we had to go to the oval.
scotty
Agent ME wrote:
Even if guns were outlawed, the bad guys would still get their hands on guns... I mean, cocaine and all that is outlawed, but it still shows up.

No it won't stop criminals from getting them. But it will stop depressed maniacs having them and when they decide to go loopy, they won't have a gun to kill innocent school children.
Blaster
the middle school which is right down the road had to shut the shades and huddle in a corner for 4 hours and they had no idea what was going on at all.
Idoru
Well, it is a school, and I guess the occation could be brougth in to several classes.
Someone once said that the school is a mirror of the society, in short explaining it
like the politics and structure was reflected and made a kind of miniatyr of the society
in whole. In that scenario you just get to be glad it happened outside... Wink
mmitch
it is sad what our world is comming too
seanooi
wow, that's the first time I heard anything like this.
You guys were lucky to be in school and not wandering around the street.
Stay safe, stay in school! lol Laughing
jabapyth
a.Bird wrote:
scotty wrote:

-But it's a constitutional freedom!

-And that freedom tends to be used more offensively than defensively.

-Exactly, and I should have the freedom to defend myself from someone else with a gun.

-And if all guns were to be removed then what would you need a gun to defend yourself from?

-Um... rabid woodchucks?

Rolling Eyes

those rabid woodchucks are vicious! Wink
Blaster
seanooi wrote:
wow, that's the first time I heard anything like this.
You guys were lucky to be in school and not wandering around the street.
Stay safe, stay in school! lol Laughing

Why school is a dangerous place can't you see that by the title of the thing. If i where out of school i wouldn't have known about it untill like the next day when people where talking about it.
jongoldsz
Having something like that happen when you want to go home must be annoying. Even though the lock down is for safety, there are so many places that you could go where this problem isn't happening.
Blaster
well i damn know that we would have all went over there if they let us out. So thats why they had us on lockdown. We where in no immdiet danger.
Srs2388
well said blaster....
curiosity would have gotten the best of a lot of people and could have caused them injury or death...
Pyro Man
Woah!! Oh i see my favourite vehicle, a chevy p30.

But man, thats kinda serious, shootups near schools. Its starting to happen here too.
Josso
Sounds awesome, the most exciting thing that ever happens at in Oxfordshire countryside schools are fire alarms Laughing
Pyro Man
I cant beleive you class your area s the countryside, look at where I am! Lol. we get a few crashes round here. There has been gun and knife incidents in Aylesbury though.
Blaster
oh really. Well that happend at my school the day after. No i'm not kidding. I was getting a ride home from a firefighter when he got the call. Very Happy
Rako
That is Amazing I live in Australia and nothing like that ever seems to happen probably because guns are outlawed, and we have such a small population compared to America. But i don't think outlawing guns would help in America because lots of people have them to my understanding and i don't think everyone would just hand them back.
Blaster
almost everyone has guns in america. Even for things like hunting and just plain old shooting. Out lawing guns would never work. Its to easy to get a hold of them and all. And i knwo a lot of un happy hunters that would complain. And with Dick Cheny as our vice president we all know he likes to shot guns.
CyanEyed
you take a Canon EOS 20D to school?? or is it one of the school ones yo borrowed?
Pyro Man
I have an XM2 i take a lot of places.

Whose idea was it to let everybody have the right to bear firearms, what kind of an idle emptyheaded ignorant person allowed that, its obviously going to end in tears!
Josso
Pyro Man wrote:
I cant beleive you class your area s the countryside, look at where I am! Lol. we get a few crashes round here. There has been gun and knife incidents in Aylesbury though.

It is the countryside though... I'm about 30 minutes drive from anywhere major, your like... a few miles outside out Aylesbury.
hack_man_
When I lived in Saudi, we locked down once because the royal family who lived in a palace down the road were going somewhere, 1km exclusion zone around the convoy!

Who noticed that most the men in most of the photos are doing the moonwalk? Look at their feet... (duh)
Blaster
no this guy takes pictures as his bussiness. He works local around me and he is the one that took them. He actually lives around me too. Thats where i got all the pictures from.
GProject
It's good that your school was prepared enough to put you on lockdown though. At least they were keeping you safe.

This never happened to me in the UK.
JJGY
Yeah, there was a fight in an alley not far from my school and someone was stabbed eight times. He ended up running away, reportedly with a gun, and we ended up on lockdown from 2:00 until 5:45. Basically we were all huddled into a couple of interior classrooms with the lights off. I thought it was an overreaction myself but then again, it was kind of fun.
Soulfire
After all the recent school shootings, we've been practicing "lock down" drills in our school (much like we practice fire and tornado drills).
JBotAlan
scotty wrote:
No it won't stop criminals from getting them. But it will stop depressed maniacs having them and when they decide to go loopy, they won't have a gun to kill innocent school children.

OK, then they'll grab a steak knife, then we'll outlaw those, and then they'll use those little bitty kindergarten scissors, then we'll outlaw those, and then they'll eat a whole lot and just sit on people. What will we do then? Add an amendment that says everyone must be under 250lbs? What will we do with the people who don't comply?

Sorry, it's late and I'm random right now...lol

JBot
Pyro Man
Soulfire wrote:
After all the recent school shootings, we've been practicing "lock down" drills in our school (much like we practice fire and tornado drills).

Yeah all schools have fire drills, we have them 2, maybe 3 times a year.
Soulfire
Quote:
Yeah all schools have fire drills, we have them 2, maybe 3 times a year.

I know all schools have fire drills, the point of my post was about our newly created lock down drills.
bdoneck
My school went on lock down once. I can't remember why exactly, but I do remember that luckily my friend had brought his laptop to school that day so for the hour that we were in lock down, we sat under a desk playing Age of Empires.

I also remember that when my older brother was in high school, one of his friends decided to put on all of the clothes in the lost and found. when he was walking around the school a teacher saw him and mistook him for a strange man and called it into the office and the school was put into lock down.
Jayfarer
My school was put on lockdown a couple of times in high school.

It never amounted to anything like this, though. We never saw a cop or anything. We just stayed 20 minutes after the bell and were let go without any explanation as to what happened. We all assumed a suspect or something made a run for it, and just in case he went into the school, they locked us down.
Billwaa
My school recieved a bomb threat last week and we got 1 and 1/2 day off plus the election day off, so we get 2+1/2 day off school.
SFMeatwad
Man when our school had a bomb threat, the police came and nothing happened. But that was in the High School and I was at the middle school, about 2 or 3 years ago.

My city doesn't really care I guess. Sad
Blaster
Billwaa wrote:
My school recieved a bomb threat last week and we got 1 and 1/2 day off plus the election day off, so we get 2+1/2 day off school.

Yea and its not even that far from my school. There has been a lot going on here in the last couple of weeks. But hey it happens. I want another lockdown. And we have to stay in school untill like 9:00 and they like bring in pizzas and everything. I think it would be kind of fun. As long as we are in no danger that is.

We go on lockdown sometimes just because of a fight or something and they dont' want people in the hall ways.