FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

flash, swf games

spider
ok,, out of curiousity,, are we allowed to post games such as flash games or swf games as long as they are not too big in size? cuz in the faq or the rules mentions something about games but I think that was partaining to game servers... I just wanted to be 100% on that before I tried uploading..

second, ok,,
Im using
<?
define('INC_PATH', '/home/spider/domains/tusc-oh.com/public_html/inc/');
include INC_PATH . 'config.php';
?>

but get this warning:
Warning: main(/home/spider/domains/tusc-oh.com/public_html/inc/config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spider/domains/tusc-oh.com/public_html/index.php on line 5

and line 5 is include path to config... everything is there,,, am I using the right path?:
/home/spider/domains/tusc-oh.com/public_html/inc/

thanks guys, you are all doing a great job without me messing things up as it is...lol
Bondings
Maybe try to use a relative link?
Code:
include("inc/config.php");

Edit: There indeed seems to be no config.php file in your inc directory. There is however a configure.php file, maybe that one is what you need?
spider
Well, reason why I tried it with the INC_Path was because when I deal with subfolders, and using other scripts, they dont seem to work well together, and this way they all worked fine,,, pictures show up properly and what not... Ill just probably have to work my way around it, no problem,,, when I use inc/config.php or ../config.php for subfolders some work ok, some dont... its a matter of the folders... I hate them...lol... mostly for headings and footers... ...lol.. should have read all your post bondings...lol
ill try to fix that configure.php
thanks,, and by the way,,, Thanks again for the hosting...lol
Ok, now I know why ive come back here,,,lol.. its fine now,,,just have to figure out my css,, my screw up..lol....
Oh, and another thing,,,, how fast did it take frihost to start getting massive hits?
I know the free hosting helps....
ninjakannon
spider wrote:
ok,, out of curiousity,, are we allowed to post games such as flash games or swf games as long as they are not too big in size? cuz in the faq or the rules mentions something about games but I think that was partaining to game servers... I just wanted to be 100% on that before I tried uploading..

You are alowed to include swfs and games. There's nothing that states that you can't.

Just make sure that it's your material, or if it isn't that you have permission to use it. Also make sure that it doesn't contain anything (for example content related to hacking) which is against the rules.

Lots of websites on frihost's servers have flash contained, mine being just one of them.
spider
well, the problem with some of the games included in the script I have is not appropriate for children,, but thats not what I want,,, Im takeing those games out, and only using ones children can play, like sonic the hedgehog.. and others that are appropriate,, I will be looking for more, but with the space I have available, I dont want to use too many games... I have one on my list I play alot,, which is connect four...lol...
ninjakannon
As most of the members here on Frihost are teenagers then all content on your site has to be suiated to a younger age group. I also hope that you've made these games yourself (or had permission to use them). You make it sound like you haven't... Shocked
spider
Sorry, havent been around for a few...
you know, thats a good point,, all the games I have are free from other websites,, they came with the script I purchased on ebay for 99 cents..lol..
couldnt pass it up,, been wanting to make my own game script though for the same reason,,, free flash games,,, all from other sites,, they advertise their sites in the games themselves... but your right,, still need to contact them, and make sure its ok... with the script I make,, be nice to put a check box like "got permission", but,, who knows... but will contact the sites,, only take about a day to do... thanks for bringing that up... I didnt even think about it, and here I posted on another thread bout making sure I have permission for things... dont want to be the idiot that does...lol.. I think it might take up too much room on the server though... not sure if I will post any time soon..
ninjakannon
Yeah, just ask the website that you got the flash games from, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to let you put them up as their site is advertised in the games themselves. That's actually quite a good form of advertising when I come to think about it. Razz

Unless flash games contain a lot of imported images, sound or video they tend to actually have quite small file sizes.