FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

30 GigaByte Mailbox it free

gursimran2006
you can register a free 30 GigaByte Mailbox!!!
http://www.30gigs.com Shocked
william
Yeah, I have an account here. It's really nice, surprised that not many people use it. Despite the fact that I use more of my inbox than most people, 30 gigabytes of space seems like a lot. I'd prefer to use that space as a second hard drive or for my website. Very Happy Because it lacks some extras, I'm sticking with Gmail but it's still an incredible service and is wonderful for people who receive hundreds of large emails. I wonder how they pay for this.
Josso
Thanks for the link! This looks pretty sweet.
FunDa
Hey !!!

That's unreal . What's the catch ? My old computer's Hard Disk was only 1.2 GB. 30 GB for a mail account - unbelievable.

Do they actually reserve 30 GB space for each person who registers ? Or just count on people not using up much space anyway - so virtually it shows 30 GB but actually the don't have that much space ?

I've always wondered about this for Gmail too ... Do they really have that much memory available ?
MYP415
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:32 am Post subject:
Hey !!!

That's unreal . What's the catch ? My old computer's Hard Disk was only 1.2 GB. 30 GB for a mail account - unbelievable.

Do they actually reserve 30 GB space for each person who registers ? Or just count on people not using up much space anyway - so virtually it shows 30 GB but actually the don't have that much space ?

I've always wondered about this for Gmail too ... Do they really have that much memory available ?

Yea, I've wondered that too. I think 30gigs just counts on people not to use that much space but for gmail it is possible that they have the space because they have huge database centers with terabytes of space. Personally, I can't imagine using up 30gigs or even the 2.whatever on gmail (unless I use it as a harddrive). Im sticking with gmail because I think that interface is great and its reliable (always fast and working when I try to login). [/url]
redice
Oh, my god. I can't bleave it!
I like it. Thank for the best link Smile
exarkun
is it @30gigs.com email address? Anyone here had used up to 30gb already?
legion
30 GB ??? haha ... it will take 10 years to fill up that mailbox Very Happy

i'm in Very Happy
onlybooks
Thanks for this wonder full site now i also have this huge mail box
Once again thanks..............I will learn to use this much space effectively Smile

As dear friend william suggested a idea to use that much space........Thanx to william ........... Smile
Wynand
Does anyone know of a good free pop3 mail service? The kind that you can use in Microsoft Outlook.
Arseniy
I prefer to use Gmail. And there're invitations now in 30gigs.com like in Gmail. 30 gigabytes of space are useless. It's great, but I don't need it.
Plus 30gigs.com have large amount of crushes on their servers, as my friends says.
pollux1er
legion wrote:
30 GB ??? haha ... it will take 10 years to fill up that mailbox Very Happy

i'm in Very Happy

Sorry legion but i'm afraid that even 10 years is not enough to fill such a space.
jipmerite
What do their emails look like? Someting like jipmerite@30gigs.com?

I think the gmail domain looks way cooler. For that matter I would prefer even an @hotmail.com over @30gigs.com. it just doesn't look good.

And I agree, apart from people who actually use that kind of space, it's a total waste just to have it for bragging rights. Not many of us need more than 250MB for a normal email address.
pollux1er
jipmerite wrote:
And I agree, apart from people who actually use that kind of space, it's a total waste just to have it for bragging rights. Not many of us need more than 250MB for a normal email address.

I entirely agree with you
KacperOo
GMail is better (for me)

I used 30gigs.com but i don't like it ;/

GMail rox!
coco2011
thank
pashmina
i didn't like them at all.
better use the gmail with lots of features than this 30gigs email id.
chrismen
This seems very useful when I already have two external HDs completely filled. At least I can store some stuff there that I won't need in a while. Thanks for the link.
dramaking
well... it's just too slow for me... and sometimes the functions seem not working... sigh... Sad
jylan
Wynand wrote:
Does anyone know of a good free pop3 mail service? The kind that you can use in Microsoft Outlook.

Hi wynand, I know that gmail can be used for a pop3 service, but I have forgotton how. It is really easy though. I suppose you could just search in Google for something like "gmail using pop3". Hope you can find it.
heridlia
30gigs.com It's great!!!

But Gmail still the best (for me).

Maybe YahooMail the second.

Thanks for sharing.
tamilparks
oh what a great space.......very large space........
mjohnson
Let me have a try,it sound so charming and unbelievable.
waway
i will try it... maybe i can back up my files in my hard disk using that 30 gigs... Laughing
thelimpkid
what's the max file size on attachements there? I bet it's very low so you cannot use it as a backup method..
Dalv87
I'd die of old age before I came close to 30 gigs. Even if you did need that much, yahoo got rid of their storage meter, so theoretically you could use 60 gigs if you wanted (assuming they don't replace it, which they might if people abuse it, which they probably will, but still).
bulek
Thanks for the link, but I won't exchange it for Gmail. I'm pretty sure that I will never nearly reach so much space so it is incoherent for me. I'm also pretty sure that they would be out of space if every user would fill his mailbox with 30gb of files. They can't have thousand of disks and there is also question about stability of their servers. I know I can count on Google Smile
Tuffluck
30gb is nice and all, but the layout is pretty bad. I don't like the look of the site compared to gmail.