FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Vista vs Mac OS X

BuBbLe
Microsoft has designed Windows Vista. Its got a nice interface... Confused and I can't really think of anything good.

Apple has designed Mac OS X. Mac OS X has a better looking interface than Windows Vista, it has super-low system requirements, it boots up fast on any computer and its extremely stable. Plus, most Windows applications are now designed to work on a Mac.

Now which one sounds better. Its pretty easy to see.

These are the Windows Vista minimum system requirements.

-A 800 Mhz processor
-512 MB RAM
-A 32 MB GPU
-11 GB of free hard disk space for installation

These are the Mac OS X minimum system requirements.

-A 300 Mhz G3 processor
-256 MB RAM
-A GPU
-4 GB of free hard disk space for installation
the6thfactor
This debate would rage for days... it's not even worth it anymore in my opinion. Every one has their own opinion about it. (though I do prefer OSX Wink )
Kd527
Indeed. I also prefer Mac OS X, but there are probably plenty of topics like this.
BuBbLe
Instead,I prefer Windows Vista...
U see the minimum requirements of Windows Vista is much higher than OS X.
I only love Apple Ipod Mini only..Others i don't prefer..

But i really dun noe is it any Windows Longhorn??I heard this word in my country(Singapore) for a long time..But i can't see any Windows Longhorn in computer shop...
Xeniczone
Windows Longhorn is just the code name for Windows Vista. Like Windows Luna is it was the code name for Windows XP.

I like macintosh much better then windows. For a major reason is they haven't dumbed my older hardware though Mac OS X run on it pritty well some of the features like the dock menu lag around a little. Nothing to bad but I can still play games like Quake with Mac OS X running in the background. Here are the specs of the Mac I'm talking about.
G3 350mhz
ATI Rage 128 (8mbs)
512ram

I even got halo mac to run on it. Crazy but true.

I have used windows Vista Beta 2 and as far as hardware support it sucks. I think it was being tested on a Pentium 4 @ 2.2ghz Nvidia Geforce FX5200. It wasn't that the OS didn't work but the mouse would lag around like crazy.

http://xeniczone.frih.net/Picture.png
Now that deserves a cookie Very Happy
It didn't load the textures probably because 8mbs isn't enough to load them Laughing
It runs better if iTunes and MSN messanger isn't running. $20 bucks said you ran all that on a windows platform with the same specs it would give you a blue screen.
sush
The codename for Windows XP was Cairo, which is where it got the XP from (the greek letters chi and rho, x and p). Luna is the default graphical theme in Windows XP, sort of like Aero in Windows Vista. Microsoft follows a naming convention for codenames where all codenames are actually cities or places.

I'm dying to get a Mac but I can't afford one yet.

Quote:
Microsoft started work on their plans for "Longhorn" in May 2001, prior to the release of Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. It was originally expected to ship sometime late in 2003 as a minor step between Windows XP, "Whistler" (Windows 2003) and "Blackcomb" (now known as Windows "Vienna"). Indeed, Longhorn, Vista's original codename, was an allusion to this plan. While Whistler-Blackcomb is a large ski resort in British Columbia, Longhorn Saloon & Grill is the name of an après bar between the two mountains that Whistler's visitors pass to reach Blackcomb.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Longhorn%22
Antek88
i prefer windows vista - habit?
Xeniczone
Windows Vista lacks a lot of features that make Tiger great, but then they don't have as many features as Tiger then Leapord is coming out and it is also going to have more features.

Making Thumbnails of everything on the screen so you can easily select a different window.

http://xeniczone.frih.net/Picture3.png
wiehls
mac os x tiger or mac os x leapard?
Animal
What is your favourite OS.
Windows Vista Official Thread.
All about MacOS Leopard.

-close-