FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Emulation

ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
What did you think about emulation? [play console's games on the PC]

another question, is there some good emulators for saturn or PS2?

:p
dule
i had some emulators, but they were very slow (and i had a slow machine). I tried to play tekken, but it was unplayeable.

also, if u don't want to break the law, u must have the original copy of the game before playing it on emulator (which doesn't make sense, if u have a game play it on console ffs).
Kelcey
Emulators are good if your consoles are broken and you wanna play a game. I don't know how well emulators are gonna hold up with the next gen coming... they're started having trouble doing a good job around the N64's launch.
Monkeydog
tho i unno if this is against the rules or not(mainly since emulators are legal)i use them mainly since my SNES was taken by one of my moms friends(how i hate him)But usally i just play SNES.I'll stop as soon as the Rev comes out tho.I got the SNES9x to work flawlessly on my comp.
n0obie4life
Don't request for emulators or post links to them, okay?

Go ahead and talk somemore. I'm not referring to anyone yet.
dule
n0obie4life wrote:

they are not illegal.

they are illegal in case that u play them, and not own the game u are playing.
banana
Emulators are a great way ro experience classic games that you might otherwise get the opportunity to play, for example I heard the game snatcher was really good, but it was released on an obscure console when I was very young and not in my country. That's an awesome game that I dont think i would have had acess to otherwise. I don't see the problem when old games that have sunk into obscurity are given a new lease of life. Of course I can not speak on their behalf, but I don't think the people who made the game would resent that.
jvachez
There's no good emulator for Saturn or PS2.

But you have good emulators for N64, PS1 (epsxe), Super NES (ZNES)...
n0obie4life
jvachez wrote:
There's no good emulator for Saturn or PS2.

But you have good emulators for N64, PS1 (epsxe), Super NES (ZNES)...

There is for PS2 Very Happy.

But the thing is you need high ram and good graphic card.

1024mb RAM
Nividia (dunno which version).

I'm playing PS2 Games on my PC. Boot-time choose Razz.
Monkeydog
God i loathe the ZNES it's just a total lag on my comp and it never works well on my comp.Now the SNES9X...
toyzintheattic
Code:
also, if u don't want to break the law, u must have the original copy of the game before playing it on emulator (which doesn't make sense, if u have a game play it on console ffs).

That's bogus. It's illegal no matter what. The whole "You must own the original copy or delete this in 24 hours" thing is BS.

Not that I'm against roms, I love them. But I can't imagine how playing current gen games via emulation would be worth it. SNES roms work if you have a good gamepad, but things like DS or PS2 don't make sense, though.

However, if you have a really good computer it's possible to make the graphics/resolution a lot better on computer. Other than that I imagine it would kinda suck.
Pavcio
This is small list of good and working emulators:

Arcade consoles
  • Cps-1 - Kawaks
  • Cps-2 - Kawaks
  • Kiame/U64 - U64 - Killer Instinct
  • Mame - M.A.M.E.
  • Modeler - Modeler
  • NAMCO SYSTEM 22 - Viva Nonno
  • Neogeo - NeoRAGEx
  • Raine - Raine
  • SEGA MODEL 2 - Nebula Model 2
  • Zinc - ZINC

Nintendo consoles:
  • NINTENDO 8bit (NES) - NNNesterJ
  • Super nintendo(SNES) - ZSNES
  • Gameboy/Gameboy color - BGB
  • Gameboy advance - Virtual gameboy advance
  • Virtualboy - REALITY BOY
  • Nintendo 64 - Project 64

Sega consoles:
  • Sega Master Drive - Wgens
  • Master system - MASSAGE
  • Sega32x - AGES
  • Sega CD - Wgens
  • Sega saturn - GiriGir Saturn

For links please PM Laughing Laughing Laughing
leeanvan
Neogeo - NeoRAGEx

Razz Razz Razz

this game are very very good...

and ps2 there are a emulator..

but ur computer must be very very fast....

see u later.

PD. my english is so bad sorry Sad Sad
TruPain
I am all for emulators... the ones I play the most are not on a PC though, they are emulators for use on the Sega Dreamcast instead. Most of the ones that are out, are very good.
DreamSNES is one of may favorites, as it plays most games at almost 100% speed...

I own almost every game system that was made from the Odyssey2 up to the PS2... the shortest list woud be the systems I do not own, and those would include, NeoGeo AES, Xbox, gameboy advance (even though I do have the GBA addon for the gamecube) and I do not have any of the newest system either.

Growing up I collected and collected... I used to love garage sales before eBay was big... video games for $5.00 or less almost everywhere! And it is nice to be able to play these games on either the computer or on a different game system (Dreamcast) and save my original systems in the current condition they are in as well as the games.

I even own a few Japanese only systems such as the pc-fx...
rheanna
brother got the ps3 this year

I got the house/ ps2/pc/+furniture lol

I don't know how ps3 plays but I can ask.

Personally like the ps2/

PC is more convenient. Considering I'm on it most of the time.

Have
Scratches
Prey
Doom
F.E.A.R.
Doom II
Quake IV

I get ps3 next year ;o)
GProject
I've used the N64 emulator Project 64 a little bit a few years ago (even though I own an N64), but at the time you needed a better computer than I had to run it effectively. With the new porcessors out now, it probably runs fine.

A great place to go and play old NES games is VirtualNES.com.
mitchy112
but look out with the PS2 emulator if u got a slow computer u dont play it cause it will crash, so be warned Rolling Eyes
odin
The emulators now a days are all filled with viruses so it isnt very smart to download them. And most of them dont even work, so i think i will stay away from emulators until some big sompany comes out with one then i will buy it and play all the games i want on the pc.
TruPain
odin wrote:
The emulators now a days are all filled with viruses so it isnt very smart to download them. And most of them dont even work, so i think i will stay away from emulators until some big sompany comes out with one then i will buy it and play all the games i want on the pc.

Obviously you are looking in the wrong spots for the emulators then...
prole
Searched a bit but haven't really tried yet... good PS2 emulators like PCSX2 etc. Been downloading some PS2 games, don't know if they will work or not yet... hope they will when I try out. But actually, I expect to use GameCube emulators sometime soon, to follow up with the new Zelda, Mario games etc. However to be secure, I think I better wait until they have stable versions available. Right now, most of the GameCube emulators require really high hardware configuration to run, and I'm not preparing to upgrade my computer just for to play those games yet... later maybe, but not now, can't miss them you know.

Currently just on PJ64, there are enough to play for now...
Kanoga
I use PCSX2....You need a VERY good computer to play it.
I can play 2D games like Disgaea with stuff running in the background at like 50 FPS average though. =D
All the firstgen games for it seem to work well, which is good since those are the only ones I want.
urbvan
It's good that we have emulators though... one of the unfortunate aspects of gaming is how the games we used to play are broken as they become incompatible with newer hardware and OSes and drivers Sad

It is a crying shame. A painting is always accessible as long as you keep the environment properly conditioned. A book is always accessible as long as you have eyes or (in the case of braile for the blind) sensitive fingers. A movie is always accessible as long as someone remembers to transfer them from medium to medium...

But electronics have no such similar permanence in many cases. Proprietary formats, changes in hardware, physical media failures. All we can do is buckle down hard as much as possible and hope redundancy keeps the data around, if not the native hardware.

Sad, really.
b4r4t
Emulators are OK ...
But... if i can I emulate on my PS2 ... I've done it with SNES and finnished ChronoTriger Smile
On NES I finished "Captain Tsubasa" just because ... sentiment Smile
I Use PSX emulator (ePSXe - the best) to play psx games on PC (Better graphic) but I use PSX Pad...
With Project64 i was abble to finish GoldenEye 007 and some Mario/DonkeyKong stuff Smile

Emulation is gr8 thing ... you may back to past ... Smile

And about PS2 emulation ... I;m happy that I don't have to do that... I have my own PS2 ... but if someone want to emulate it ... 1GB Ram, ~6600GT/X1950XT or something better and a Two Core CPU ... and You will get this 30-50FPS ... good luck Razz
reivolt
PLaying with emulators using a high end PC may improve performance as compared on the original console. ^.^ i used to play with conectix VGS when i don't own a PlayStation 2 (Using a pentium 2 233 PC with 8mb video card Idea ), ive able to finish more games despite of minor slowdowns and incompatibility. Too bad i've never played Parasite Eve 2.
Reminds me about kawaks and neorage, i've enjoyed playing endlessly with out worrying about the credits Very Happy
Flakky
Emulators are a lot better because my consoles are not handy or broken. I lost track of how to install them as well just because I don't care about them. And the Gameshark codes are awesome, if any.
Peterssidan
I like the SNES emulator.. but I don't remember the name now but its very good. It seems too hard to make emulators to the new 3D consoles. I have tried project 64 for N64 games but the graphic is not as good as I wish. Maybe it wil be in the future but I hardly see it. I hope that Nintendo release their own emulator for N64. Only then it will be good. the same thing for other consoles.
Flakky
Peterssidan wrote:
I like the SNES emulator.. but I don't remember the name now but its very good. It seems too hard to make emulators to the new 3D consoles. I have tried project 64 for N64 games but the graphic is not as good as I wish. Maybe it wil be in the future but I hardly see it. I hope that Nintendo release their own emulator for N64. Only then it will be good. the same thing for other consoles.
Compare an N64 with the Project64 and my results were the screen resoluion, the rest was thesame.
Pikokola
dule wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

they are not illegal.

they are illegal in case that u play them, and not own the game u are playing.

how about if you don't own a console but use emulator to play games for that console...
My friend said that's on a "gray area" (maybe legal, maybe illegal) then that's why some (maybe most) emulator didn't come with BIOS for each console

Quote:

download them on the "official" emulator web, try not to download it from untrusted website...

Quote:
PLaying with emulators using a high end PC may improve performance as compared on the original console. ^.^ i used to play with conectix VGS when i don't own a PlayStation 2 (Using a pentium 2 233 PC with 8mb video card Idea ), ive able to finish more games despite of minor slowdowns and incompatibility. Too bad i've never played Parasite Eve 2.
Reminds me about kawaks and neorage, i've enjoyed playing endlessly with out worrying about the credits Very Happy

yap... ConectixVGS are the best Playstation emulator for me, but it had no "Freeze state" If I'm not mistake...
Flakky
Quote:
how about if you don't own a console but use emulator to play games for that console...
My friend said that's on a "gray area" (maybe legal, maybe illegal) then that's why some (maybe most) emulator didn't come with BIOS for each console

Definately legal (in holland at least).