FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Philosophy

whoamifooling
My philosophy is "Live and Learn."

To me it means... Live life to it's limits, you only live once, if you don't take chances you may regret it for the rest of your life. If you don't try to succeed, you'll never know what could happen. Learn is you learn from living life. You learn everything you need to just from living.

I don't have a religion. I was a Catholic, until I started to realiza that there is no God. I believe you die and your spirit roams the earth for ever... Like a second chance, it begins from where you ended. None of this probably even makes sense to you guys. But I can be complex and like a puzzle missing a peice. Even I can't put all the peices together.

-Joe
Tyler
whoamifooling wrote:

To me it means... Live life to it's limits, you only live once, if you don't take chances you may regret it for the rest of your life. If you don't try to succeed, you'll never know what could happen. Learn is you learn from living life. You learn everything you need to just from living.

I don't have a religion. I was a Catholic, until I started to realiza that there is no God. I believe you die and your spirit roams the earth for ever... Like a second chance, it begins from where you ended. None of this probably even makes sense to you guys. But I can be complex and like a puzzle missing a peice. Even I can't put all the peices together.

-Joe

I believe that God does exist. The hope of having an eternal life after death really helps to motivate you to live this life to the fullest and to act your best to reap your rewards in the next.
a_dubDesign
whoamifooling wrote:
But I can be complex and like a puzzle missing a peice. Even I can't put all the peices together.
-Joe

I can't put all the pieces of my thoughts together either. One thing that has me confused with your beliefs is the "second chance" staus of the spirit roaming the earth. Whats the second chance at?

Tyler wrote:

I believe that God does exist. The hope of having an eternal life after death really helps to motivate you to live this life to the fullest and to act your best to reap your rewards in the next.

Thats one hardcore consumeristic view of God, which unfortunately alot of main stream evangelicals hold. I'm gonna do this and this and this, but not do this and this and that is totally out, then when I die I get all this really great stuff in heaven. Its like Levitical Law with some extra goodies thrown on top to make it worthwhile for someone to carry it out.
Tyler
It's not consumeristic, it's faithful. God explains throughout the Bible that to reach heaven, you must follow his divine laws. To reach the next life, we must do good in this life.

We must appreciate everything God does for us in this life, and take everything he gives us as it comes.

Even though many people believe this to be outrageous, but I believe it to be the One Way to live.
xpiamchris
I think in life.. you really have to "live and learn.."
You can't be afraid to do this or that.. you can't worry about how things may turn out. Regrets are one of the craziest things in this world... regret sucks. You spend a lot of time thinking "what if... if only... etc." with regrets in your life... so i think you just have to live (take chances, risks, etc.) and then learn...

but not only that.. in life, you also have to "learn... and live."
you have to learn from your mistakes.. learn from other people. learn from those around you... learn from the past... and apply those tibbits of wisdom in living life in a different way...

so i guess in essense, live. don't hesitate. but when you're living, learn. and after you learn, live some more.

i hope that makes sense...
Soulfire
So... is this where we are to state our own philosophies?

Well, if it is, here's mine:

There is a God. There is no reason to not believe in God. Just simply look around you when you step outside - how nature perfectly meshes together. Let me tell you something, perfection in nature did not happen by accident. It was designed by this higher power, this God.

I was raised Christian, and only recently have I been questioning my beliefs. I do still believe in Jesus, and am a member of the Catholic Church, but I am beginning to form my own doctrines I suppose - adaptations of multiple different churches, yet I refuse to found my own church, because there are already 300+ denominations of Christianity.

The questioning of my beliefs makes me search for answers, and I like what I find. Usually after I question myself, my faith is tested, passes the test, and grows.

After life - you're judged. Based on what you did in your "practice life" here on earth, it is decided whether you will spend eternity in Heaven with God, or in eternal seperation from God, in Hell.
swapnalokam
lets keep our belifes to our self.. some may be wrong.. some may be right.. but there is no wrong in holding on to complete harmless beliefs and live our life peacefully..
Indi
swapnalokam wrote:
lets keep our belifes to our self.. some may be wrong.. some may be right.. but there is no wrong in holding on to complete harmless beliefs and live our life peacefully..

Why is it wrong to share our beliefs with each other? Why is it wrong for people to discuss each others' beliefs together, maybe discovering something they did not realize or pointing out something in the other person's belief that they did not realize?

It's quite possible to discuss one's deepest beliefs with others that do not hold those beliefs - even, in fact, with others that may hold contradictory beliefs and strongly oppose yours - so long as you remain civil. In fact, that's very constructive and educational for everyone involved, even if no-one's views are changed. Everyone grows just by the sharing. Provided its done constructively.

Yes, sadly, most people cannot discuss many topics - particularly their own deepest beliefs - without resorting to becoming insulting or simply being prejudicially ignorant of any alternatives. But does that mean we should stop ALL discussion just for the sake of a few ******?

I think no.
a_dubDesign
Tyler wrote:
It's not consumeristic, it's faithful. God explains throughout the Bible that to reach heaven, you must follow his divine laws. To reach the next life, we must do good in this life.

actually it doesn't really say that as much as you porbably think. At least not looking at it in the context. Jesus spends a whole lot of time talking about the kingdom of heaven, not a place thats just floating around waiting for us to die. Its in the here and now waiting for us to join in. And Jesus doesn't say you have to follow divine laws, its explicitly stated throughout that there isn't a single thing we have to do, or really can do. It's Grace, and its crazy scandalous.

And how is doing something to get something else not consumeristic? If I want to go buy a video game, I act a certain way. I save up some money, go to Best Buy, give them the money and they give me the game. Its consumeristic. If I say a certain prayer, do certain things while not doing other certain things I'll not only get into heaven, I'll be able to reap all sorts of rewards from it. Lets take into consideration counting those rewards as your motivation. "If I don't do this now I'll get something so much better when I die". If that doesn't register as consumeristic to you, I think you may need to work on your definitions.

Tyler wrote:

We must appreciate everything God does for us in this life, and take everything he gives us as it comes.

I agree with ya on this one

Tyler wrote:

Even though many people believe this to be outrageous, but I believe it to be the One Way to live.

That actually makes me sad, mostly because I've been there before. I've found out that Jesus's way is so much bigger, better, and amazing than anything I've previously thought.
Tyler
Sorry,

I don't know that much about Jesus's ministry, because I'm Jewish and I've never really thoroughly examined the New Testament.

I do, however, know some about Jesus's message, because Judaism regards him as a prophet (even though Christianity teaches him as God's Son -- don't worry, I'm not disagreeing or anything)

But, however, it's true that Judaism believes that the Messiah has yet to come.
Liambaby
The thing I don't understand is, why do people feel the need to have a standardised religion. For example, many Christians, Jews and Muslims, believe that faith is a very personal thing. I couldn't agree more. But if it is so personal, then how can so many people have a faith in the same thing, and stand up and say 'I'm a Christian'? It's almost like, people believing in a popular premise, rather than forming their own beliefs, as they may contradict their particular holy text. I fully admit I am perplexed by this, and wonder if anyone can explain further?
Liam xx
livilou
Liambaby wrote:
The thing I don't understand is, why do people feel the need to have a standardised religion. For example, many Christians, Jews and Muslims, believe that faith is a very personal thing. I couldn't agree more. But if it is so personal, then how can so many people have a faith in the same thing, and stand up and say 'I'm a Christian'? It's almost like, people believing in a popular premise, rather than forming their own beliefs, as they may contradict their particular holy text. I fully admit I am perplexed by this, and wonder if anyone can explain further?
Liam xx

Faith is a personal thing, but it's also something that can be shared. By sharing my faith with someone else, I can help a person that is going through a hard time, and hopefully make it easier. Give hope to someone that might not have any, (and I'm not just talking about believing in Jesus). Standing up and saying "I'm a Christian" doesn't mean a person really has faith. Some say it to show off. Some say it to try and fit in. Some really are Christians. All Christian means is Christ-like, or a follower of Christ's teachings.
Hayate
whoamifooling wrote:

-Joe

I fully agree with you. ofcourse religion is not wrong, BUT don't over react and let people with no religion be and vice versa. I live my life to it's limits. we are all individuals and we all want to have no regrets in life, so I do what I think is best and not via a book. I have met many people who are islam or catholic and they tried to pull me in there religious world and every opinion I had was wrong and everything they said was right. I bloody dislike such people.

anyway, about spirits roaming the earth, I don't know about that and I actually don't really care about that part. but I do sometimes think about it just because I have to much fantasy: "if I die, people begin from the start of their lifes again without knowing and they live their life again. if an individual would live their life without regret, they would be given another life. and if an individual had many regrets, they would begin their lifes from the beginning again until they have no regrets."
the problem with this method is that those individuals don't know that they are retrying their lifes and they could even live like their past life and then retrying again without advancing to a new life. but as some people know, you choose your own path in life and that's why every retried life can differ.

-my fantasy of life after death-
defnet
I think that we have to live to learn and learn to live. They should all go together. Further, about the consumeristic thing. I believe that we cannot be saved by doing any type of work.

The just shall live by faith is the one verses that opened Martin Luthers eyes to realize that we cannot do anything for salvation. By believing and having faith we will go to heaven. We cannot EARN eternal life. It is merely granted to us as a gift from God -- that is the definition of GRACE.

But then again you have God's laws which you should obey as a believer, which makes it kinda difficult to truly understand whether your obedience to the law helps you in getting that grace?

Once you are truly saved by faith your sinfull nature will no longer have total control over you. You now want and crave to obey God because it is part of your new being as a true believer.
People who merely claim to be believer do not crave to obey God because they havent changed really. The old sinfull nature still fully controls them.

At the moment of conversion, man is born again and the new nature rules the old nature from that moment is constantly being destroyed. This destruction is only complete when the believer are made perfect and go to heaven at the end of times.

I learned that in MinistryOfChrist and WestminsterConfessionofFaith classes in school (CLA - Suriname::Mr. Poettcker)Very Happy
tekage
I can't say all I think, because my inglish disgusting.
Just one thing: Seneca. It's not all but is very intresting
Salud
cloudship
I don't know how many genes are Gods composed of, but I know every minute I lose some cells and gain some new.

But there will be one day, production is less than the consumption and i will be dieing. When without the basic biological components, i will lose some till all of my thinking and then, I will not care about whether there exist a man who can stay with me for another period.

Thus, I am with you, that Live and Learn till the end of life. Wink
a.Bird
I don't know if I understand this correctly. I've heard many people refer to God and heaven so literally that it almost paints a picture... but I don't think this is really the case.

Jesus was the man. From what very little I know, he was able to turn something small into something grand and share it with others. Not literally but conceptually, selflessly, and passionately. Sharing love or insight, for example. I feel like it's the ways he, and so many other characters in the the texts, lived and how they were able to touch God inside of theirselves. Not a single, tangible entity who is literally magical but an understanding inside the depths of human thought that truly distinguishes Him and Her from the rest of the animals.

For example, doing good deeds and being blessed in return. Perhaps this is really because doing good deeds makes one feel good about his/herself and thus because of this understanding, the burdens that life offers are softened and the joys are savored.

If someone has found God, aren't they already in heaven? Haven't they already unlocked the secret to eternity?

Can someone with some true insight please drop me some knowledge? Am I really referring to another religion that I'm not aware of or am I just being completely blasphemous right now? Because the idea of being condemned to hell by anyone or anything other than my own guilt does not fly with me. Confused