FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eminem: "I am not returning"

YellowDemon
Rapper insists he's just taking 'a break.'

If you bought into recent reports that Eminem has decided to hang up his mic and settle into a quiet life out of the spotlight, the man himself has a message for you.

"I'm not retiring," Em told MTV News during a recent stop on his Anger Management Tour.

Reports from the rapper's hometown of Detroit last week had sources close to Em saying that he planned to retire following his Anger Management run. He's tired of the limelight, they said. He wants to produce other artists, they said. They even gave a date September 17, when he's slated to play Slane Castle in Ireland on the last scheduled show of the Anger Management Tour for his last concert.

Not so fast, said the man himself.

"When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out. That's called taking a break for me," Em told MTV News. "When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move. Not some reporter who writes a story about 'This is Eminem's last album.' I never said [Encore] was my last album. I never said anything yet. I don't know what I'm doing yet. Nothing is definite, you know what I'm sayin'? Nothing is written in stone."

Em concedes that nothing lasts forever, and that the day will eventually come when he decides to devote all of his time to enjoying the benefits of being the biggest-selling hip-hop artist of all time but that day hasn't arrived yet. "I know that I'm not gonna be rapping forever, I know that much," Em said. "As long as I feel like I got the energy in me to do it, and the spirit, and I can do it, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna always make music, whether I'm just sittin' behind the boards and producing and making beats and puttin' my other artists out there, or if I do decide to do another tour or make another album. When I start doing that, people will know."

However, if Em should ever decide to step away from the game, one of his tourmates would be more than happy to pick up the slack.

"The day he retires is the day you will see me all over MTV," 50 Cent joked. "I'll be at the Movie Awards. I'll be doing news. You'll get sick of me."

The Anger Management 3 tour continues Friday in Chula Vista, California.

news from:www.shadysoldiers.com
BioHaZaRD
Let us pray that it is not a break and he will be retiring.
nakamaru
I really don't care anymore about eminem. All of his new stuff is either propaganda from CNN that he writes misguided songs about or just the same old annoying hooks and fast paced nonsence.
tidruG
Well, I love Eminem, and I really hope he stays around... I mean, so yeah, his last 2 albums weren't AWESOME, but just for the sake of "The Marshall Mathers LP", I hope he stays and makes another album as great as that one.

Live on, Em. (Sad to note this news item only drew negative posts towards Eminem)
*~Isabella~*
I like Eminem. he's an awesome rapper so I really hope he stays around and make yet a new album
whoopiedoo
Eminem is a cool guy, he's very creative and knows how to seel out. But the rap craze has gone to far, the most played type of music played on the radio is RnB and Rap, we hardly hear any rock nowadays, there a lack of creativness in videos!

Id be happy if him and a few others could retire
tidruG
whoopiedoo wrote:
Eminem is a cool guy, he's very creative and knows how to seel out. But the rap craze has gone to far, the most played type of music played on the radio is RnB and Rap, we hardly hear any rock nowadays, there a lack of creativness in videos!

Id be happy if him and a few others could retire

Cheers! Nice to know I'm not the only one growing sick of switching on the TV with the fear that a Hip-Hopp song is playing at all music channels... I think some other rappers should retire... or at least, some more Rock groups should gain prominence... Rock, and pretty much all other kinds of music are suffering because of Rap/RnB.... and the bad thing is, that Rap/RnB has gained a lot of importance and is probably the msot influential music out there.... even Mariah Carey had to get a rapper in her song to get to the top of the charts (I don't enjoy Mariah Carey's music much... I'm just using it as an example).
xoAznSweetie
I don't really care if eminem is or isn't retiring. I actually care more about 2pac dying. Now that is sad. Crying or Very sad
Maka
xoAznSweetie wrote:
I don't really care if eminem is or isn't retiring. I actually care more about 2pac dying. Now that is sad. Crying or Very sad

Vist my site and you will be at home with all of us Very Happy .
xoAznSweetie
Maka wrote:
xoAznSweetie wrote:

Vist my site and you will be at home with all of us Very Happy .

YAY!! Someone who agrees with me!!
Speaking of Eminem...
Yall like this?

Looking Verrry umm... Awesome? Laughing
tidruG
Eminem in a pink T-Shirt......
AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelcey
I see it this way, to the best of my knowledge of rap, eminem is one of the only rappers that has at least one song on his cd that doesn't:

1. brag about how much money he is
2. brag about all the women he has sex with
3. brag about his bling
Grimboy
Eminem is good in that he has a more brutal image than a lot of "gangster" rap. But to be honest rap gives me stomach pains so, you know.
Aut0mat1c
Oh thats too bad Very Happy
Psychopath50187
I dotn really like eminem. HIS older music Infinate and Slim Shady LP are the only cds i can listen to.
svhkid
that pic is funny as crap