FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good Games for the Nintendo DS

william
Well, I actually have two Nintendo DS's, however, my library of DS games is rather small. (Only about 10 games). I use my DS for those games as well as my older Gameboy Advance games. I was just wondering about what games you guys would recommend. I was looking for some nice games that I could get for $20 or less. I'm a fan of Nintendo games (eg. Mario) as well as third party games. All of my games are fun, but I'm in the mood for a high end game. (Graphics, Gameplay, etc.) So what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.
rightclickscott
Oh, there are tons of games to reccommend.

Mario Kart DS- The first in this classic series to have Online Play.
New Super Mario Bros.- A total revamp of the even more classic series. Quite possibly the funnest one yet.
Meteos- A colorful new puzzler made by the people who did Lumines.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows- Another classic adventure with some new DS twists.
Metriod Prime: Fusion- Taking the first person action of the Gamecube version, and bringing it to the DS with some fun online play.

There are tons of other great DS games, but, right now, they aren't coming to mind. Infact, I'll let some people post some more.
william
rightclickscott wrote:
Oh, there are tons of games to reccommend.

Mario Kart DS- The first in this classic series to have Online Play.
New Super Mario Bros.- A total revamp of the even more classic series. Quite possibly the funnest one yet.
Meteos- A colorful new puzzler made by the people who did Lumines.
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows- Another classic adventure with some new DS twists.
Metriod Prime: Fusion- Taking the first person action of the Gamecube version, and bringing it to the DS with some fun online play.

There are tons of other great DS games, but, right now, they aren't coming to mind. Infact, I'll let some people post some more.

Thanks for the suggestions and I definitely will take all of those into consideration.

I'm currently looking at Star Fox Command, it seems like a pretty good game. Does anybody have it? If so, do you recommend it?
Studio Madcrow
Just about any DS game that's not a simple "cash-in-on-the-movie/TV-license" seems to be quite good. One game not metioned so far is the desert island simulator, Lost in Blue.
Codeman1
You people may think im childish but pokemon mystery dungeon is very good story mode then after the stry mode you still got stuff to do.
Aiz
I've recently gotten almost physically attached to my DS. Hehe, there are a few games I liked a lot. But since I don't play action or fps games much, I can't recommend anything for those.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife - it was surprisingly fun, give it a try.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - I just like those detective type games, so that's one reason why I enjoyed it. It was fairly well made, and pretty humorous.
Animal Crossing Wild World - Fairly old I suppose, but it is pretty good for some relaxing not so intensive game play.
Lost in the Blue was mentioned, but I just wanted to second the recommendation, it's really nice and fun.
I've just began to play Advance Wars - Dual Strike. It looks pretty good so far.
Trace Memory - it's just interesting the way they utilized the DS console in solving puzzles and the story plot was ok.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Studio Madcrow
Codeman1 wrote:
You people may think im childish but pokemon mystery dungeon is very good story mode then after the stry mode you still got stuff to do.

Don't apologize for liking Pokémon games. They've always been quite good. It's just the pathetic kiddie cartoons and card games that havge dragged the games through the mud.
Whong
Studio Madcrow wrote:
Codeman1 wrote:

Don't apologize for liking Pokémon games. They've always been quite good. It's just the pathetic kiddie cartoons and card games that havge dragged the games through the mud.

After all the cartoon is pretty much like Dragon Ball Z or Yugioh or any other so it's really more the thing that a bunch of people start spreading this thing of something being childish and soon everyone thinks so and then if you go and ask someone why do they think that something,(Pokemon) is childish they can't give you a reply. They themselves don't know they just say it because everyone else says it! Idea Idea
william
Thanks a lot for all of the suggestions, guys. I already own some of the games that you guys mentioned.

I am currently considering Metriod Prime, Star Fox Command, and a couple others. What do you think?
Whong
william wrote:
Thanks a lot for all of the suggestions, guys. I already own some of the games that you guys mentioned.

I am currently considering Metriod Prime, Star Fox Command, and a couple others. What do you think?

Do you have new Super Mario Bros? It is supposed to be a really great game!

I'm planning on buying it at some point. I just love those Mario Platformers!Very Happy
rightclickscott
Whong wrote:
william wrote:

I'm planning on buying it at some point. I just love those Mario Platformers!Very Happy

I have that game, and it's pretty goddamn good. It's worth trying out, but, personally, I think it's too short, and the minigames are really cheap and halfassed. But the rest of the game is pure gold.
william
rightclickscott wrote:
Whong wrote:
william wrote:

I have that game, and it's pretty goddamn good. It's worth trying out, but, personally, I think it's too short, and the minigames are really cheap and halfassed. But the rest of the game is pure gold.

Well, I don't own it, yet. I have, however, played it before. I loved the controls but, like rightclickscott said, it's a little short. But still, it is a really nice game. Very Happy
JJGY
New Super Mario Bros

great platformer. If you like classic mario games this one should grab your attention and keep it.

Starfox Command

good for some shoot em' up, but the graphics, voice acting and controls make it a bit dissapointing compared to the N64 original.

Metroid Prime: Hunters
probably my all time favorite handheld fps. The online is great and although the story mode is weak compared to other metroid prime games, the ability to fight bots and other people easily more than makes up for it.

Advance Wars Dual Strike

although it's an older game, it carries through all the charm and strategy of it's predacessors. The new idea of puting aircraft on another level makes air domination a much more important and challenging goal.

These are the latest additions to my library, and I've found all of them to be good games. Hope this helped Smile
Jayfarer
There's a lot. Not including the huge and awesome GBA library, there's some great DS only games like:

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Elite Beat Agents
Nintendogs
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Castlevania
Mario & Lugi: Partners in Time
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Rare & hard to find now)
Trauma Center
Meteos
Kirby: Canvas Curse
LostMagic
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Feel the Magic: XX/XY

And that's just off the top of my head
enygmasoft
I have castlevania on the DS and its a great game and I plan on getting part 2. Mario DS is good, and has a few additions not found in Mario 64
The graphics are amazingly simlar so that good.