FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlestar Galactica

roguewrath
I was just wondering how many people have been watching the second season. I have to say I am defintely hooked and its going to be agonizing to wait for the next episodes.
memsa
I enjoyed the old series but have not been able to get into this new version but I may have given up on it too soon.
picos
I am enjoying it so far, I just recently downloaded season 1 aswell as the mini series in 2003. it s definately one of my favorite summer shows.

I thinki i got spoiled since i watched the series in such a shot time span, i just cant wait til the next episode this friday.

The only thing that really bothers me so far is the they arent really showing us the other Cylon. We know there are 12 models, but i want to know is if the robot looking cylons are couted as a model. But i am sure that have a huge twist coming soon with the revelation of new models.
kilted1
memsa wrote:
I enjoyed the old series but have not been able to get into this new version but I may have given up on it too soon.

I know what you mean. I loved watching the original, campy as it was, when I was in junior high school. I have been trying to watch the new series (videotaping it - can't afford a DV-R unit at the moment, so have to use old technology!), but I've now got the full first season on tape and not a lot of time to watch!
Nanks
I love the new series, especially season 2 (well what has been shown so far). Don't have an opinion on the old series, never seen it.
lucifertje
I watched the first series in one big strecht.
The second one isn't out here yet. I wouldn't miss it for the world though.
MirekB
I've seen only mini-serie conaining 2 part of the story. And here I' m reading that there is more. When it was produced? I watched mini-serie in 2004 (as I remember well). Do you know if this serie will be continued?
RT Cunningham
According to my friend in the USA, the Sci-Fi channel is advertising the Battlestar Galactica Season 3 will start airing on October 3, 2006.

Too bad I'm in the Philippines. I'll have to wait to download the episodes after they've been aired. I have season 1 on DVD and season 2 as downloads.
VidE
Is the 1st season out on commercial DVD? Haven't seen it in local stores. Would like to see the first few episodes and see if I like it and can get into the groove.
RT Cunningham
Yes, the 1st season is on DVD. I got it more than six months ago.

This version of Battlestar Galactica is so completely different from the original, people who like the original tend to either hate or love, no in-betweens.
Guyon
I am very excited about the 3rd season. They are really getting into the story more.

The two tings I do not like about the show are sloppy production with all the hand held camera shots. It was supped to give that edgy "You are right there feeling. But comes off as amature hand held cameras.

The second is in Scripting. too many people are too easily forgiven for major violations. You can try make a major mutiny and then be rewarded by given your own ship, just to name 1. Stuff like that just ruins the show.
wilburx
Guyon wrote:
The second is in Scripting. too many people are too easily forgiven for major violations. You can try make a major mutiny and then be rewarded by given your own ship, just to name 1.

With only 47,000 people to choose from, your options are kind of limited
SteveoSupremo
Guyon wrote:
I am very excited about the 3rd season. They are really getting into the story more.

I also am looking foward to the next season but I don't know what they are going to do about being on the planet with all thoes cylons.

I have to say that was one seson finally that really had me hanging!! I miss not having cable at my new house so I'll have to held up to my paretents so i can atleast tape the episodes and watch them later.

Quote:

The two tings I do not like about the show are sloppy production with all the hand held camera shots. It was supped to give that edgy "You are right there feeling. But comes off as amature hand held cameras.

I actually like the whole hand held camera thing. yea sometimes i think it is ia little anoying but it almost makes me think that I'm actually there watching everything take place. That I think really draws me into the show and makes me feel like I'm there.

well with all that said I really think I'm looking foward to the next episode. I really want to know what they are planning on doing with the lack of meds and what they are going to do about the hybrid baby.

later
S
Osprey
Do yourself a favor, if you have an HDTV get the Universal HD Channel, they play Battlestar in High-Def and it looks amazing. It was about 5-6 weeks behind on Season 2 but worth it.

I think this is one of the best shows on TV right now, I was a bit dissapointed when they all ended up settling on the planet in season 2 but I have a feeling they will make it work.
VidE
Apparently they are running a 1 hour 'story until now' special, sometime soon, maybe tonight? I'm suprised they're trying to fit 2 seasons in just one hour but if I can find it, I'll give it a look.
jipidou
I'v watched the first and the second one and i'm waithing for the third one!
I hope that humanity will survive Wink
healyrj
when Sci-Fi Channel announced that they were producing a new BSG show, I was causiously optimistic. I was hoping that it would revive an old classic. To a lot of people's surprise...it did. In fact, the new Battlestar Galactica has been called the "Best Show on TV" by a lot of media organizations. However it's getting some flak by a small but vocal group of die-hard fans of the original show. So much so, that they have banned discussion of the new show on their web site. Yes, I'm talking about you guys at 'CF.com'. "Family show..." Eh? Ahemmm...the new show was never billed as a family show. It is clearly an adult drama set in space. I'm as conservative as you all are, but I know the difference between '70's space cheese and 21st Century sci-fi.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen this show, but you like a good character drama, be sure to check out this show on DVD. I believe it's even better on DVD. For one, you don't have the commercials and second, you don't have to wait between weeks for the the next episode. There's a lot of continuity between episodes...and unlike Star Trek, they don't hit the proverbial "Reset Button" between episodes. What's damaged on a ship in one episode stays damaged in following episodes, as the first season takes place just over a 3 month period.

The second season here picks up right where the first season left off. The major plot thread that was started with the first season's finale 2-part cliff-hanger, is built upon and concluded in the the first 5 or 6 episodes of the second season here. The remaining couple of episodes are more of stand-alone type episodes that are probably building up to what is to occur in the second half of this season which will air from January thru March.
SGbilder
Hey!
the best thing i feel about BSG is how big the world is... nad i dont mean the universe they travel with but the worl of characters. they have developed the "secondhand" characters very well. so good infact that the new webisodes (were none of the hi cost main characters participate) actually works out. small roles like jammer and callie actually can keep shorter segments of the show running because we know them so well. its also quite cool to see how they cast the show... by just changing the gender of a couple of characters from the original series they have made a whole new set of possible substories that might have been quite repetetive had they not changed it.
well i cant wait until they release season 3... it will be fun to see where they take the story and how the get out of their current predicament...
Modern_Martial_Arts
I am completely hooked. I cannot watch the final season because I work all night the night it airs around here.

Gotta love Starbuck.
browncoat777
SGbilder wrote:
Hey!
the best thing i feel about BSG is how big the world is... nad i dont mean the universe they travel with but the worl of characters. they have developed the "secondhand" characters very well. so good infact that the new webisodes (were none of the hi cost main characters participate) actually works out. small roles like jammer and callie actually can keep shorter segments of the show running because we know them so well. its also quite cool to see how they cast the show... by just changing the gender of a couple of characters from the original series they have made a whole new set of possible substories that might have been quite repetetive had they not changed it.
well i cant wait until they release season 3... it will be fun to see where they take the story and how the get out of their current predicament...

I agree. Some of my favorite elements of BSG are the very well-developed second tier of characters. I'm very engrossed in season 4, and I've been reviewing the previous 3 seasons as well, and I've had more than a few moments where I go: "ah, Hot Dog, how far you've come..." or "Crashdown, you poor fool..." or especially "Kat?! Why Kat?!!?"

I think that this final season is wrapping things up quite well, and the internal conflict with the Cylons is so unexpected and very interesting... I'm still a little depressed about two of the final five, but I have faith in the writers, for now...

Frakkin' good series!