FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Like or Love?

rameshbn1
Hello People,

I'm one confused man now. I am in something, but I don't know if its like or love.

How do we realize we are in one and not the other? Or are both the same?
Rolling Eyes
Yantaal
think of this sinario:

in the future she aint in your life nomore, can you see yourself being happy without her in your life.

i love my girl and i know this because i cant imagen being without her, i want to spend all my time with her.

just think, could you be without her, if you could, i dont think thats love
Rico
Sometimes liking is better than loving and sometimes loving is better than liking. It all depends how you perceive you current paradigm of the situation. You probably have family that you don’t like very much but you’re obligated to love them. Before you disagree look at the following scenario: two brothers who can’t stand each other because they live in a confined space with little or no privacy becomes confronted with a common enemy their love for each other will manifest quite fast. They might not like each other but their obligatory and subliminal love for each other binds them. They don’t really have a choice in the matter. I think you are in a fortunate place for having the option to like.
rameshbn1
Rico wrote:
I think you are in a fortunate place for having the option to like.

hmm... I didn't think of that angle. I think you are right.
bluefossil
if you don't know, it's lust
bongoman
Here's how I see it: Love is indefinite and often unconditional you will always love family and friends right?

Like is temporary: like is usually conditional you may like someone for awhile but then then find that you don't like them after awhile for whatever reason.

You love someone you like, but you don't like someone you don't love. But in order to love someone you must have first gotten to a point where you liked them enough to love them.
danuqui
You must feel it in your heart! It's love! There is many many comparations but no one work... Only you can fell it!... Do you not?... So... its like!

rameshbn1 wrote:
Hello People,

I'm one confused man now. I am in something, but I don't know if its like or love.

How do we realize we are in one and not the other? Or are both the same?
Rolling Eyes
dude_xyx
Sometimes you think you just like the person but you realise you love that person only when she or he is not there anymore with you. it happened to me long time ago.
Eyre
i'm gonna use a quote from a Lostprophets song and say "You can't fall in love if you never fall at all". Everything is worth a chance. You never know for sure.
ppalayo
I think you are in love when you want to see her all the time and look for her face everywhere or want to be with her even if she is not close to you.
I feel that when I'm in love.
If I like somebody I just say "what a pretty woman" and that's all. It's just a like.
angelussum
This isn't an easy question, and I think it's a personal thing. You'll know when you're in love with someone. People try to describe it and explain it, but it's impossible to really characterize.
TheDarkLord
If you think a lot before you say anything to him/her, or if you hesitate before every sentence on MSN, for example, you LIKE.

If you are straight out open, don't think before you talk and share EVERYTHING, its love.
arjay
While 'LIKE' is always a simple feeling, 'LOVE' can be both simple and complicated at the same time.

Some significant signs would include:- When you always think about the other person more than yourself, then that could be love, else you just like that person. When you are concern about that person’s happiness more than yours, and added to it, when you want to give that happiness even though you may NOT be a part of it. Smile

From the above premises, I hope we can devise some analogies such as …

While ‘like’ is receiving, ‘love’ is giving.
While ‘like’ may suspect, ‘love’ will always trust.
While ‘like’ may condemn, ‘love’ will always justify.
While ‘like’ may offend, ‘love’ will always defend.
While ‘like’ may expose, ‘love’ will always shield.
While ‘like’ may reprimand, ‘love’ will always forbear.
While ‘like’ may belittle, ‘love’ will always appreciate.
While ‘like’ may demand, ‘love’ will always give.
While ‘like’ may provoke, ‘love’ will always help.
While ‘like’ may resent, ‘love’ will always forgive.
While ‘like’ may think about ME, ‘love’ will always think about YOU.
While ‘like’ can be defined solely through psychology, ‘love’ needs additional philosophy plug-in.

If the above analogies seem complicated and challenging, then here is a simpler way to go about it. Bring that person to a very seductive place where only the two of you can be present. If you end your day in a bed with wild ecstatic moans and groans, then you like that person; while, you surely love that person when you end in a romantic swing with a sweet lullaby. Razz Very Happy ho ho ho
cloudship
arjay wrote:
While 'LIKE' is always a simple feeling, 'LOVE' can be both simple and complicated at the same time.

Some significant signs would include:- When you always think about the other person more than yourself, then that could be love, else you just like that person. When you are concern about that person’s happiness more than yours, and added to it, when you want to give that happiness even though you may NOT be a part of it. Smile

From the above premises, I hope we can devise some analogies such as …

While ‘like’ is receiving, ‘love’ is giving.
While ‘like’ may suspect, ‘love’ will always trust.
While ‘like’ may condemn, ‘love’ will always justify.
While ‘like’ may offend, ‘love’ will always defend.
While ‘like’ may expose, ‘love’ will always shield.
While ‘like’ may reprimand, ‘love’ will always forbear.
While ‘like’ may belittle, ‘love’ will always appreciate.
While ‘like’ may demand, ‘love’ will always give.
While ‘like’ may provoke, ‘love’ will always help.
While ‘like’ may resent, ‘love’ will always forgive.
While ‘like’ may think about ME, ‘love’ will always think about YOU.
While ‘like’ can be defined solely through psychology, ‘love’ needs additional philosophy plug-in.

If the above analogies seem complicated and challenging, then here is a simpler way to go about it. Bring that person to a very seductive place where only the two of you can be present. If you end your day in a bed with wild ecstatic moans and groans, then you like that person; while, you surely love that person when you end in a romantic swing with a sweet lullaby. Razz Very Happy ho ho ho

that is really good to know. thx! very instructive
macky
it is really true that you have to like first before you love a person...
Greatking
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” —I Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV)

You can only identify true love and know when we have found it, based on the Word of God. When we match our relationships up to what the Bible says that love is—and we are honestly prepared to make a life-long commitment to that person—then we can say that we are truly “in love.” The three keys to that statement are:

We have to…

1. …look at the Word of God
2. …be completely honest with ourselves
3. …understand the level of commitment that comes with true love
kharol_016
love is really complicated, you should discern!
friho
i think like is that you don't hate him and feel ok when you are together but you wouldn't tell him anything about you ,love is that you like him very much and want to stay with him.want to share anything with him.
kasunone
airh3ad
If you like it go if you love it go. but remember it's not easy to choose be careful. Tell him/her that you have feelings.
shivaghimire
LIKE: his/her face comes in your eyes, mind and heart.
LOVE: his/her name comes in your eyes, mind and heart.
In love you will start even the name but like never focus on name only face, body will comes for you.
What is in your mind? his/her face or name??