FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

7.1 sound back speaker problem

Talk2Tom11
I just purchased a new pc with a creative 7.1 sound system. Also a 7.1 card in the pc. The last set of speakers don't play though. I have the center first left and right second left and right plugged in and they work fine... but the third set doesn't work. I know it isn't the speakers because if i plug them into the second of first set, they work. OK well hopefully someone know how i can fix this. Also... when i tried them.. i tried them while playing a song in WMP10... maybe there is a setting i have to switch??
Animal
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
I just purchased a new pc with a creative 7.1 sound system. Also a 7.1 card in the pc. The last set of speakers don't play though. I have the center first left and right second left and right plugged in and they work fine... but the third set doesn't work. I know it isn't the speakers because if i plug them into the second of first set, they work. OK well hopefully someone know how i can fix this. Also... when i tried them.. i tried them while playing a song in WMP10... maybe there is a setting i have to switch??

If you're playing an mp3 back from WMP, it does not have 7.1 sound information - this means it has 7 seperate channels. mp3 files are stereo only, which means that they have 2 channels (left and right) although some soundcards "upsample" stereo audio to 5.1. This will still only play through 5 of your 7 speakers. Do you have a DVD-Audio sampler? If so, try it with that - DVD-Audio is a 7.1 source (meaning there are 7 seperate channels, a different one will play from each speaker).

Additionally, some new games use 7.1 sound - this would be a good way to test the speaker system.
silverandgreeneyes
My dad just got a new computer and he had problems with getting the 7.1 to work. We called the tech guy and the problem was the sound card driver. So look around the manufactures website for a new driver and see if that helps.