FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MY suggestions

Manofgames
I was on the phpbb site the other day, and i saw that there are actually some mods for

a) Creating a watched topic list for a user (this would be useful for FRIHOST, because I myself (and a lot of others) are subscribed to hundreds of threads, with a manager, it would be easier to organise them.

b) An RSS mod, (To keep up with recent additions to the forum Very Happy )
Animal
Manofgames wrote:
a) Creating a watched topic list for a user (this would be useful for FRIHOST, because I myself (and a lot of others) are subscribed to hundreds of threads, with a manager, it would be easier to organise them.

I can see how this would be useful to several people so it seems like an ok suggestion.

Manofgames wrote:
b) a under construction mod, so that somone can make a post, then pause it and then finish posting it later.

To me personally, I think this mod would be a waste of time. If you're making a post and have to go away and come back later, why not just save the text in a word document or text document? Adding a mod to save incomplete posts seems like overkill, and we'd end up with hundreds of unfinished posts saved on the server that would never be completed. Seems like too many cons and not enough pros... but that's just my personal opinion.
Manofgames
oh, and I just remembered another one....

RSS I think it'd be pretty good.

I often do searches for 'Posts since my last visit' And apparantly the mod is easy to install and use.

PS thanks for your comments Animal, I suppose the Under construct post would be a bit of a waste of time.
Hogwarts
Manofgames wrote:
oh, and I just remembered another one....

RSS I think it'd be pretty good.

Yes.. RSS would be good.

Then we could combine it with Google Reader and have the RSS feed on our google homepages Razz
Marston
You can already watch topics, and I think an RSS feed would be impractical due to the amount of bandwidth it would take for people to be constantly accessing it, and the server load that would be created by its creation, but that's just my opinion.
garionw
RSS wouldn't take up too much server space (I imangine) and even if was only the "latest 5 posts" or something.

If you were to use it on every topic, that would be a little overkill, but maybe each topic.

Think of everyone here who uses RSS on their blogs.... The number would be quit high
Manofgames
when i say rss, i mean a syndicate of the latest X posts.

that would be pretty useful, and i cant see it taking up a huge bandwidth or space.

at the end of the day though. its up to bondings about the implications