FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Very powerful strobe effect

goutha
Try to look at this powerful strobe effect for more than 20 seconds. Then look away...

http://www.neave.com/strobe/strobe.swf

What do you think Smile
maclui
this is not news
ahamed
humm ... very interesting ... hot (!) news..
snowboardude
pretty cool, the strobe image stays there after u close teh window.
ncwdavid
That thing really messed up my eyes after a while. Fun though.
scotty
That's trippy. A bit of shock when your vision is skewed or warped after you watch something like that!
Star Wars Fanatic
Wow, after I looked away, I though I was gonna need to have my eyes checked or something...
soulman
wow, cool effect~~ but better do not staring at it too long...
Traveller
You are feeling sleepy...sleeeepy... LOL!

Seriously, though, it's a pretty interesting "persistence-of-vision" effect. The ones I like are the ones that change colour. Try this one for example. For that matter, check out the others on that site, too.
cheh
haha, that was cool! after a switched back to this window i felt like i don't have a flatscreen anymore! then i looked at the desk and it was waving aswell! Surprised Very Happy Very Happy

also here's some trivia for ya: that hardcore bassline in the background is from and old track Scooter - Crank it up Wink Very Happy
i don't think it was necesarry for the effect tho.

man, i gotta post that on other forums! Very Happy
a.Bird
That was almost like my last mushroom trip. Very cool. It's fun to watch posters on your wall slide around like paint is melting. All the effect needs are some wicked bright rainbow colors to complete the experience. Very Happy
Josso
Yeah my tables gone all warpy in my vision now, very nice Laughing
Duncan Idaho
I LOVE IT! I stared at it for like a minute, When I looked away everything was like bending and warping! Laughing
Codeman1
A warning to unsespected people do NOT and I repeat do NOT look at this for over 30 secs to be on the safe side your eyes can get damged severly and also you can catch a seizure from this.
scotty
Codeman1 wrote:
A warning to unsespected people do NOT and I repeat do NOT look at this for over 30 secs to be on the safe side your eyes can get damged severly and also you can catch a seizure from this.

Rolling Eyes Look at the posts above yours. Bahahahahaha Razz It appears that neither of them "caught" a seizure. I don't think you can catch one anyway, it might be caused but not caught.
monzoncf
How do you find this kind of illusion? After I saw this for about 10 sec, I feel that the strobe effects are still in my eyes. And the monitor has it too. Nice one! Smile
Nameless
yes, we know, our eyes leave lingering images after staring at something for a while. I am never going to understand how people can get so exited seeing yet another page designed to do just that. *shrug*
madsencarl
Pretty neat... has anyone got the link to that castle effect? The one where it shows some colour, then a picture of a black and white castle, but the colour lingers in your eyes and the castle looks coloured normally...
Rico
Wow cool. When using any sort of strobe illumination or effect, the threat of triggering seizures in photosensitive epileptics is at hand. The risk can be reduced by restricting the period of strobe effects the guiding principle proposes no more than thirty seconds per single session.

Factoid: the majority of individuals who suffer from photosensitive epilepsy are responsive to flickering approximately sixteen hertz to twenty-five hertz, even though a quantity of individuals may be responsive to rates as low as three hertz and as high as sixty hertz
arkebuzer
it does not work for me Sad

maybe its cuz my LCD screen is too slow?
a.Bird
Maybe your anti-seizure filter is turned on. Are you using the latest version of Firefox?
nilsmo
Optical illusions are amazing! I wonder whether this is good for the health of your eyes, though Laughing
scotty
a.Bird wrote:
Maybe your anti-seizure filter is turned on. Are you using the latest version of Firefox?

Nice one! Razz
TruPain
Try reading something as soon as you look away... the words move around in the same basic fashion as the lines... that was seriously messed up...
arkebuzer
a.Bird wrote:

nope, Im using Internet explorer 6.0
Blaster
i love these things. It works awesomely. I still see the thing and its been over 30 seconds. Laughing
a.Bird
arkebuzer wrote:
a.Bird wrote:

nope, Im using Internet explorer 6.0

That's the problem. Internet Explorer has so many security leaks and useless back-end processes that your computer cannot calculate the algorithm to simulate an acid trip.

Seriously though... click HERE to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and stop using Internet Explorer. Firefox (FF) is completely free with (supposedly) tighter security. It's opensource which means it's supported and developed by everyday community members like yourself but with the help of computer programming skills (these people want to enhance the way we surf the web, not their wallets.) This is opposed to Internet Explorer which is developed by a Company who just wants to make $$$, not the best websurfing experience you could ever imagine (*cough* Mozilla Firefox.) You'll be doing yourself a favor, I promise. Check their website out with screenshots and more if you need further reasoning. Wink

Once you are done installing Firefox, it'll ask you to import ALL YOUR IE STUFFS (you won't lose anything) and then I can help you install the latest Flash plugin. Your eyes will be warping out of your skull within minutes. Promise.
Daniel15
Wow, that's quite a nice effect... Very strange Razz
Qube
Well the page of the guy who created that Castle 1 is down.
So I'll just link the original image.

[LINKED]

It's 1 of the best 1's imo.
And ya, that really is what ytmnd would call a mindf**k.
PS: Maybe you need the Fox seizure plugin? Shocked
FaLLeN
What was meant to happen with that castle one?
I looked at the dot and it just changed from the purpley castle to the normal one, what did i miss? Shocked Confused
nox-Hand
Neat, tahanks for linking Razz

nox-Hand
Daniel15
FaLLeN wrote:
What was meant to happen with that castle one?
I looked at the dot and it just changed from the purpley castle to the normal one, what did i miss? Shocked Confused

It's another persistance of vision thing. If you keep staring at the dot, you'll see colours appear in the black-and-white picture (until you look around)
ciaran27
Here is a much better version of the castle.

http://www.johnsadowski.com/big_spanish_castle.php