FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

men and long hair...

androjuni
what do the ladies think of long haired men? Smile
S3nd K3ys
My wife won't let em cut mine.

Me:

There's two reasons I let her tell me what to do with my hair. (Besides I like long hair)

Reason 1: (Hubba hubba)

Reason 2: (Good shooter)

meet in rio
I quite like it.

It tends to work better on men who already have a nice bone-structure and are already reasonably attractive, but if you're no oil painting then hey---at least it makes you look interesting!

It will get you noticed, at the very least. I tend to remember the names of men who have long hair or who always wear a weird hat/kilt/something. Additionally, people may automatically assume that you're interesting/different.

Having said all that, there's this one guy who looks very like me (long blonde hair, glasses, squishy nose) and I know that I will never be attracted to him because... well... he reminds me of myself!
bambholebaba
My wife thinks they are looking like a lady, but if her man has those she will love brushing and making them. PARADOX?
ThornsOfSorrow
I have an obsession with long hair. Even before I started listening to metal and being exposed to a bunch of long-haired metal guys, I've always been attracted to men with long hair.
maclui
I used to have long hair, I must say that I was more "lucky" with girls and sex, once I was at my job and a lady passing by asked me for a picture, just like that, since then we are good friends. On the other hand in some situations you might not be considered a serious person, perhaps they will see you as interesting, different, junky, but serious.
the_mariska
Well, this really depends. Some men look really attractive with it, while some others not. Long hair makes some guys more cute, but the others more ugly. However, I still haven't figured out what kind of guys should wear it and what not Very Happy
SunburnedCactus
I cut mine, it was more hassle than I could be bothered with (being a lazy git). It was nice to have at the time, but there was a fair amount of effort involved with keeping it looking healthy.

Now I have a fine beard to maintain, which can be stroked in times of contemplation, and by my girlfriend who it pleases very much.
ColdFire
most skinny men look gay with long hair! bwahahahaha
but i like my hair long simply because im an anime fanatic & japanese rarely draw characters with short hair. i wonder why this is so. Rolling Eyes
engeland
that's definitely true. skinny men look really gay with long, jet black hair. i used to keep my hair long, till recently coz they irritate the skin on my face. pimples erupt
Quiviro
I had long hair for several years until last May, when I cut. Some ladies liked it long, others didn't. Since May, my female friends tell me that I have a better appearance but they really miss my long hair.
And in my job there is a girl who only likes guys with long hair.
S3nd K3ys
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Do I look gay?? Embarassed (I'm the one holding the sippy cup on the right)
gh0stface
S3nd K3ys wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Haha, you kind of remind me like a guy from Metallica or one of those 80's band members when long hair in rock bands were common.

Just out of curiosity, what is your profession/career SK?
S3nd K3ys
gh0stface wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Haha, you kind of remind me like a guy from Metallica or one of those 80's band members when long hair in rock bands were common.

Just out of curiosity, what is your profession/career SK?

I'm a computer geek, believe it or not. Shocked I program CNC milling
machines with Mastercam. I also do computer programming via VB part time
and I'm an instructor (certified in California) for machinists and programmers
part time.

My IT friend thinks I look funny with my bluetooth hanging on my ear. Wink Says it doesn't 'fit' me.
xorcist
S3nd K3ys wrote:

part time.

My IT friend thinks I look funny with my bluetooth hanging on my ear. Wink Says it doesn't 'fit' me.

Could people even see your bluetooth when you put it on your ear?
S3nd K3ys
xorcist wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

part time.

Could people even see your bluetooth when you put it on your ear?

My hair is usually in a pony tail.
lalune
S3nd K3ys wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Laughing by the looks of it, you're not entirely skinny~~ btw, personally I think you're the rare few that looks good with long locks~~ Laughing
em0o
I think it looks fine for you. If you were to cut it though, ti would give you a cleaner and more sleek look. Your wife might like it for a change. The long hair does exude a rugged, terrain man type of appearance though which is totally fine too.
androjuni
well, having long hair as a man makes you a minority amongst all the men of the world, being a minority makes you unique. long hair shows people about a persons qualities at first glance.

this is what i think when i see one with long hair..
- liberated person
- free thinking
- non-conformist
Pyro Man
I love that buggy man!!! Ive always wanted one but they are too expensive!!!

Yeah me and Joss are growing our hair, must snip the ends soon, getting pretty dry.
Aiz
Personally, I don't like it when hair goes past chin-length on men. It just doesn't appear to my asthetically.

But It would be more a case by case thing, since some men do look good with long hair, some just look weird. It's hard to say. (Often, men with limp long hair just look...strange. And I especially don't like it when men tie their hair up in a ponytail.) So far though, most of the long hair on men I've seen just didn't strike me as a great look for them.

I do however, like mid-length hair on men, if the hair cut is done right. But then again, I'm one of those who like pretty boys ^^;
Peterssidan
When I was younger I had not very short hair but it was short. But it's not fun to go to the hair cutter so the hair grown to kind of long. Then I cut it all of. almost. But it was'nt fun to go to the hair cutter now eather. The hair grow down to my shoulders. But the hair was very torn so I went to the hair cutter and cutt the tops (big part because it waws so torny). this was about 2 mounth ago. Very Happy

I don't think I lock so good in long hair but it's better than half long hair, you get in yor face and eyes. Better than short hair, it's so cold! Surprised

I have no plans to change but I can't know it will be in the future.
Maby I get tired of shaving my beard (I have no beard but I will get if i stop shaving it). Something bad with long hair is that you have long hairs all over. My rug is full of it. Sad

It's not importent what people think of you! The Important is what you thing of yourself! (So don't listen to people Twisted Evil ).
fbcompany
I did have long hair about 6months ago. It was just passed shoulder length and in pretty wrank condition. I think long hair can be alright on a guy if its well looked after. Most guys with long hair have long hair because they are lazy and dont really give a stuff conversly its quite often really oiley or dry and damaged and just looks bad.

My current girlfriend made me cut it, so I guess that means something. Its getting a little longer now and im getting nagged to get it cut.

It was pretty cool having long hair thought. Its a conversation piece and gives you a certain edginess.
paulbarter
I grew my hair long after school, and got to the point where I could tie it up, then decided to cut it because it was too much work! Long hair is a mission, yet another thing that girls have to put up with. Now I shave my head and i will never go back! Its just so easy, you get up in the morning, and your hair is perfect! I used to get it caught in car, doors, in my mouth when swimming, in your face... even if this is more attractive to some, surely its not worth it! Go short - then you can look like Michael Stipe!
marcmgeronimo
I always keep my hair short and clean. always cut like those army men. but during the summers I keep it shaved so that i look more macho under the sun. lol.
Tvis
I'm having the same experience...The shorter the best the women like me. I get more attention then ever before...I keep it short now...Not only for the women. It is easier as well. Washing it, I still put gel to keep a wet look. And there is no way to "order" the hair, it is simply to short. But in a few seconds it's OK. Wonderful...
zealious
Mine i never got extremely long because i have a face that goes better with medium hair.

iM skinny but i don't think long hair makes me look gay. On the contrary i think guys with short hair look gay. i don't know many gay men that have long hair.

IVe had pretty much every hairstyle and ive found this:
With long hair and beard: I attract the crazy girls.. the ones that have low self esteem but are very atractive and tend to sabotage friendships.. pretty much bipolar.

With the short geld hair I fit in like a glove.. with my charm i had no problem getting the girls that had confidence and ambition.

How ever I still have somewhat long hair (people call it emo) and since im a man of variety i might be going short after the winter.
Tatsumaru
I've been growing my hair for the past 2-3 years and it has gotten pretty long, but I had some of it cut a week ago - because I had so many split ends, it was scary. They broke off so easily so it wouldn't get longer that easy...

So yeah, back to the drawing board Smile I want it much, much longer. Long hair rocks.
Yantaal
wel i had the snip two days ago:

before:

after:

the before is a really bad picof my old hair + it was a bit longer than that also, i think at timers it looked very good, and the after is again quite a bad pic of me, i but i suppose i can get down to being a skin now.

but yeah, three days ago, i cant stop touching it.

what do you think?
zealious
The before pic is broken. I like the short hair.

I have a new question...

What do you guys think of girls with SHORT hair?

I find it very confident and sexy. and on the right woman I can be a good look. How ever I have seen many women that it is not attractive on.
Yantaal
agreed totally depeneds on the cut, the woman
urbanbuddha
I think some people can pull it off really well! There are others who don't though... By others, I mean the men who don't wash their long hair and let it get all greasy and icky. Of course it would still be disgusting with short hair... =P
Thomas_uk
my hair has never been really long but it used to be past my ears, it was then very short for a number of years while now i am growing it again!
m00tmuffin
I think long hair really looks good on some men, but for others it just looks ackward. Either way I'm for whatever hairstyle my man wants to support. Smile Sometimes it's fun to play with it it, or brush it for them. But if you don't take care of it and it just gets super nappy and it gets nasty then go back to short hair until you can manage it. Razz
pontus
Only Italian men can have a pony tail and not locking gay...
chastise
I prefer guys with long dark hair. I just find it more appealing. But it really depends. Not every dude can pull of long hair. But if a guy has nice long washed hair, it makes a good impression.
Coclus
Many women like long hair... especially young people...
fbcompany
long if you like the schlong. is what i say.
Sadow
Woman like my hair long, but they also like to see me bold, which depends on the season in my case. Laughing
So yeah, I think it's most important is that you take care of your hair, if it's long or short as long as it's washed and looking good.
DILLIGAF
I like men who with long hair.
I like men with short hair.
I like bald men.

Pretty much, so long as you're clean, it's not about your hair but moreso who you are as a person. Getting too hung up on the outside stuff just leads to problems.
iNs@nE
1. my girl doesnt let me crop my hair..so evident that she likes it..

2. i personally dont like females with short hair..always liked the longer kind..
secondeye
if the long hairs suits on you then girls preferd to be it long if tey look wired then not only girls hate u we guys also tend to taunt you about ur hairs... well i have long and silky hairs but i want to make it more lengthy but it very long hairs doesn't suits on me because of my skiinyy body Crying or Very sad
crimson_aria
I know many men who look pretty much attractive with long hair. It still depends on how one looks with it. As long as it suits them, it's fine.
natem
It definitly depends on the guy, some look awesome with long hair, and some look disgusting and greasy. My personal preference is for short.
chaotikremix
^

yeah it depends on the guy and how long the hair is. long long hair like fabio, it works.... but i still find that Rolling Eyes
oleszka
androjuni wrote:
what do the ladies think of long haired men? Smile

I like Smile
jenice
Love it. Call it a fetish if you will. A man with lovely long hair always catches my eye first.
creezalird
I myself like to keep my hair long..I'm a guy for ur information..even though some of my friends always tease me by saying that I look like a girl ..well Id don't care...as long as I'm happy with that..

anyway..girl with short hair for me really looks attractive..
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
I think long hair looks good on a guy like this:

say what you want to say, but I think this is extremely HOTT! Very Happy

~love: nIkKi
sandra
i prefer guys with long her.
i love it rolling down there faces,it's fun to play with and i know i man enjoys it when i toy with it.
agustin
I dont know man... Iused to have long hair but beacame to the conclusion that is uncofortable. It looks pretty good.... like a heavy metaler but... well.. do what ever you wanna do. Its your ****** hair!
Peace.
cvkien
i'll like medium. normally i'll cut my own hair. and my girlfriend doesn't like if my hair is too long. she also doesn't like when my hair is too short...
bangala
Well my wife recently encouraged me to stop cutting it and I finally let it go long. I was surprised that many found my new look better. Since then, I have also received several complements from ladies, lol Smile
I think I will keep it this way for a while !
patasarriba
My boyfriend has long hair and I love it. But I don't like guys who grow their hair out and get bad tattoos just to show the world that they're "hippies" or they're "different."
hilariouslicorice
if a guy takes care of his hair, then i think all types of lengths can look good. i'm fine with long hair, as long as it's clean and well-maintained.
rat-tails and dreadlocks on white people (of all genders) are no good, though!
rainmaker
I had really, really long hair for several years. When I cut it, I did in fact get several comments from girls. When I had it long, I had people give me the "gay" comments, which I thought was rather shallow. In any case...

--rainmaker
SpellcasterDX
I'll reply to the new question since the original question is aimed at ladies. Razz
Girls with short hair can look pretty, if they fit the look. But a lot of girls cut their hair short but they just don't look attractive with it. I'm a bit biased, yes, cause I love girls with long hair. I don't know why, I just do. They look so beautiful.

Anyway, my point is there are some girls that look good with short hair, but some that cut their long hair short shouldn't have cause they looked better with long hair.
Drawingguy
I just have a question.

In the evolutionary sense, should long hair in men equate to attractiveness? Testosterone is the most defining attractive feature, in the generic sense, but does long hair run contrary to testosterone? I mean, the length and health of hair does give a portrayal of the being's overall health, so that's a plus, right?
alexharris
Long hair. I've had long hair for a while now on and off. I think I think I probably look better with short hair, but I like long hair for some reason. What do you guys think I should do?
deanhills
Think long hair suits some people, but not all of the time. For example, Angelina Jolie used to really look cool with long hair, but lately I wonder if she needs to have a good cut. Both her and Brad need a new overhaul, as obviously their lives have changed, their faces have changed, so maybe time for a makeover as well. I looked at the outfit she wore at the Globe awards last night, and it may have looked good in the days when she was doing body building for her Laura movies, but maybe she needs fabrics that are firmer as she has lost lots of muscle tone, her figure has changed. It is still good, but she is dressing it with clothing that suited her before and is no longer flattering for her. Time for a makeover! Think she needs to look at Demi Moore, as Demi changes her clothing and her hair do all the time. Her muscle tone is also the same it has been when she was in her twenties, in fact she looks almost better than she used to look then. Beautiful woman!

So what I am saying is if short hair looks good today, it may not look good tomorrow. Depends on how it suits you and what you look like at that moment. Life changes all the time and you need to change with it.
nigam
it depends on how the way a guy looked whether long or short hair....
Afaceinthematrix
I've had a lot of different hair styles over the years. When I was younger I had long blue and green spikes (but it wasn't dye, it was just a gel that I would use that would wash out everyday. My parents would not have let me have my hair dyed!). I've had short buzz cuts with a long beard. I've had a lot of different styles. Right now I am working on growing my hair down past my shoulders.
imera
I had one boyfriend that had long hair (further down than his shoulders), he suddenly cut it really short, I was just shocked and really sad because I liked his silky smooth hair. The second one had normal hair, when he cut it I was sad again, no hair to dig my fingers in. My current boyfriend has really curly hair, he used to have dreadlocks but cut them off (again I got sad) but he looks good with short hair too Smile He has been thinking about trying for dreadlocks again, which doesn’t mater because he has nice hair anyway.

Long story short, I LOVE long hair, as long as they have the look for it, sometimes it’s just comical.
biljap
It depends, it might look awesome and it might look really bad.
What I really hate to see is when somebody has a long hair and does not care for it, does not wash it regularly… Confused
themarine
When I was younger I had not very short hair but it was short. But it's not fun to go to the hair cutter so the hair grown to kind of long. Then I cut it all of. almost. But it was'nt fun to go to the hair cutter now eather. The hair grow down to my shoulders. But the hair was very torn so I went to the hair cutter and cutt the tops (big part because it waws so torny). this was about 2 mounth ago.

I don't think I lock so good in long hair but it's better than half long hair, you get in yor face and eyes. Better than short hair, it's so cold!

I have no plans to change but I can't know it will be in the future.
Maby I get tired of shaving my beard (I have no beard but I will get if i stop shaving it). Something bad with long hair is that you have long hairs all over. My rug is full of it.

It's not importent what people think of you! The Important is what you thing of yourself! (So don't listen to people ).
RubySlasher
I usually don't like guys having long hair. They keep it all greasy and frizzy, and they often don't tie it back like they should.

But once in a blue moon you see a guy with loose long hair that looks well taken care of, or it's tied back neatly, and it's quite impressive. It's sort of "Wow, that's nice long hair. On a guy?! Impossible."

I dislike really short hair on guys probably about as much as I dislike badly groomed long hair.

Seriously, it makes the guy look bald! Like an old man.
The only instances in which it is acceptable is if they're in the army or on a swim team or something that requires it. Or if they actually have a nicely shaped noggin, which is incredibly rare.

I do tend to really like the way my boyfriend's hair looks right before he cuts it– when it goes a little bit past his ears. I think that's the ideal length.
pho3nixsky
Im not quite sure, ive always had long hair my whole life. men with pony tails scare me, i dont mind weird long hair Asian cuts though Razz
vanbakl
Women may think that men have long hair make artists. and they are very kind. Or there are also women who think he is the rough name. How do people think of each different
peaceupnorth
I love long hair ^^
Velius
Well I would rather have any girl as long as it has beautiful hair and personality.